Is there one job they couldn't pay you enough

They couldn't pay me enough to to anything in sales or HR.

I wouldn't mind being a cleaning person, if it paid more than it actually did. I can get into a zen thing with cleaning...man, that's just wacked.

Also, some of the "Dirty Jobs" jobs look kind of fun...usually the one's that are science based like an entomologist or the person who studies snakes, without harming them of course, more catch and release.

This is a fun thread. Knowing what kind of job would be someone's kryptonite gives a little insight into their personality.

That's interesting Gayle, I could see myself running a cleaning service too. There's something very satisfying about taking something really dirty & making it sparkling clean. That said, there's only a limited amount & type of dirt I think I could handle.......

Ditto on anything to do w/sewerage. ICK! I feel so bad for our DPW guys & firefighters when they have to deal w/that stuff. I know, you'd never expect a FF to deal w/sewerage, but the backups can cause major electrical problems. I had a sewage backup in my basement once & it was THE most disgusting thing I've ever experienced.

Which brings up another thought: why do so many disgusting things happen in the basement? :eek:

> It in no way justifies your taking offense to something that
>was harmless & innocent.
>
>okay then tell me what would JUSTIFY it for you? if you said
>so? there is no common sense in that if you ask me. if i was a
>proctologist then would that justify it? if i said that i was
>offended? am i not allowed to express what i thought? i read
>it, . . that's what i thought, . .so let's just leave it as
>that was my opinion and move on.

What would justify it for me? Here you go:

1) if it was intended to be offensive
2) if it was actually offensive

My post was neither. I'm completely flabbergasted that anyone would find it so.

1) proctologist
2) dentist or dental assistant (I don't want to deal with other people's orifices)
3) slaughterhouse worker
4) plumber (I'd be fine with sinks, but not toilets!)

I second anything on Dirty Jobs. Ish!! Especialy the sewer ones and the ones that clean out septic systems.
Not that I look down on people that do that. Heck I have respect for them, I couldn't do it, but I be they get paid pretty well.

Kathy

1. Nanny or any job taking care of kids...I am very afraid of kids, they make me nervous.
2. undertaker could be a tough job, and since I dream a lot about work...maybe not for me. Although, my husband is an autopsy pathologist and that doesnt bother me...so go figure.
3. construction worker building very tall buildings. I am afraid of heights, and couldnt move if I had to work that high off the ground.
4. gardener only beacuse I am so fair and burn in minutes even with sunscreen. But I LOVE plants and helping them grow.
5. Fish cleaner...fish are pets not food to me. I couldnt do it, I'd cry.
6. Commercial fisherman on the Bering Sea fishing for king crab. Well paying but extremely dangerous and I get super seasick.
7. Commercial diver fixing underwater problems. Well-paying but also very scary and dangerous...I knew someone who died at 35 yo in this profesion.
8. Roofer...too hot and sunny.

Suzanne

I've got one that I don't think has been mentioned:

being the window cleaner for skyscrapers. No way would I do that, and I don't think you could offer me enough to get me to!!!

Missy

You all have mentioned area I know I would not do either but I was just thinking, what jobs I would not do if I have to feed my hungry child(ren).

I will work anything as long as it is legal that including cleaning the toilets.
:7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.