Is there an STS and LIS Rotation

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hi, everyone! I have searched and searched the forums looking for a rotation that included STS and LIS. I found a 30 day rotation that Cathe put together several years ago. Is there one for the full STS program?

I apologize in advance if it is out there; I truly did not see it o_O

Thank you for your help!

Hi Murphymax,

Check out Cathe's November 2011 STS & LIS 1 month rotation or the January 2012 Double Rotation. Cathe posted two rotations that month. One is a total 1 month recharge rotation, the other is a 3 month rotation.

I did the 3 month rotation a while ago and I enjoyed it immensely. Results were impressive too. I gained lean muscle, endurance and increased strength. Go for it!

FireLight, the January 2012 3 month rotation is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

It looks like the STS portion of the routine is not in order starting with disc 1. I have not done STS previously. Do you think I should start with disc 1 and go in order of the original STS rotation, simply adding in the LIS portion on the non STS days or do you think I could do this rotation as is?

Thank you again, FireLight!

I saw the heading on this thread and was going to post that workout. I was going through the Cathe Rotations looking for something with some good weight work and Low Impact. I had found one older one that used Gym Styles in it and then finally came across the double rotation. I have it printed up and am going to try it out but somewhat loosely. Maybe changing up some of the Low Impact stuff with other workouts that are also low Impact from Cathe and other instructors and see how it goes. I generally try to get in a bit more of a warm up and stretch in at the end of my workouts.

Murphy Max I think that you should be able to do the rotation as planned. I am not sure how long you have been working with weights, but, I think if you just went with a bit lower weight you would be fine till you get a feel for it. You are not going to work through the whole plan in order. I have been through STS multiple times and used it off and on making my own rotations with it. I never did all of the one rep max thing but if you did that it should be able to calculate a weight for you.

FireLight, the January 2012 3 month rotation is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

It looks like the STS portion of the routine is not in order starting with disc 1. I have not done STS previously. Do you think I should start with disc 1 and go in order of the original STS rotation, simply adding in the LIS portion on the non STS days or do you think I could do this rotation as is?

Thank you again, FireLight!

Hello Murphymax,

Glad I could help.

Hmm...... I don't think this rotation was created to be done sequentially starting with Disc 1 of the STS program. It is an undulating rotation.

Here is a write up by Cathe that explains all about undulating workouts: http://cathe.com/what-is-an-undulating-periodization-workout-program.

I loved the program just as it is. It took me a bit longer than 3 months to complete though but that didn't discourage me. Stay committed!

I did the 3 month rotation and it ROCKED!!!! It was my introduction to STS and gave me a lot of confidence to lift heavier than I thought I could! It led up to me doing the 3.5 month STS program! GO FOR IT!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.