Is it wrong to want to get a breast augmentation?

You have to do what's right for you. There's no right or wrong standard that can govern everyone on this one. Even though I know for sure that real beauty comes from within, I still feel crummy about myself when I weigh more than I think I "should." How we look matters.

That said, I'm a small 34A and always have been. In high school, my mother used to tell me with each passing year to be patient, that I would soon fill out my bikini top. But it never happened--and oh, how I would lament. Then in college, I went out with this fabulous artist guy who just adored small breasts and small-breasted women. He practically worshipped mine, writing poems about them, drawing pictures of them. I was stunned. It was just what my self-esteem needed at that early age and proved to be the catalyst for me to learn to love my small breasts and to appreciate their beauty. A lily of the valley cannot be an asiatic lily and vice versa, but both are exquisite in their beauty. I have never looked back, and have always celebrated small-breasted women contrary to the cultural preference for larger breasts.

I haven't seen this fella in twenty years, but we spoke over e-mail, and he assures me that he still counts himself among those who are smitten with the smaller breast. I'm not saying that we should base our love for ourselves on what others (especially men) think. But sometimes others can help us to see what we're missing.

Manmohini

I am currently nursing my third baby and am dreading what my breasts will look like when I'm done this round. I would love to get implants - for me and me alone!

A friend of mine had them done a few years back and she is very happy. She was a very small A cup and went to a small C. Her only advice was to go a little bigger than you think you want. When everything settled, hers seemed to be smaller than she had thought they would be.

Thank you all for the great advice and comments. IT sure has helped realize I am not the only woman in the world that has a small chest. It isnt a choice to make today but one to consider.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.