Insomniacs, please help a desperate sista out!

Sleep and meditation

Morningstar:
Lot's of positive suggestions on this thread. I hope you get over your sleep difficulties.

For me, I had serious sleep problems way back when, and it was all due to depression-anxiety problems (work and relationships). I have overcome these, and sleep became easier.

A couple of ideas not mentioned so far. How are your home surroundings, as to noise? Abrupt noise makes it harder to sleep -- and living now in a detached home has helped me with a quiet environment.

Also, there is a literature about sleep and meditation -- which I do not know much about. But what I have done for the past 25 years is to put on a long, boring movie (no tense dramas, or thrillers) and then meditate, purging all thoughts about my current daily life. I purposely fantasize exploring in the 17th or 18th century, discovering new flora and fauna on a tall ship(!?!). So I think finding ways of mentally escaping daily worries is the way to go. There must be stuff on this on the internet -- meditation techniques and sleep therapy, that I am not aware of.

On last point: this Cathe site is a site exploring good health through good exercise and eating habits. Generally these work to assist sleep. So people here are on the right track.
-- David

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.