Insanity vs HiiT

Tahitia

Cathlete
If anyone has done both these workouts, would you please share with me if both are needed or if one is better than the other? I'm trying to figure out, since Insanity has the HiiT workout in it, whether I should just go with the Intensity. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you interested in Cathe's HIIT workouts? Are you trying to compare Insanity versus Cathe's HIIT? I think its really just a matter of what you like. Keep in mind, that you can do HIIT without them at all. That just means High Intensity Interval Training. I like to do some of that in my running, especially where hills are involved.

Do you want to do that level of intensity? Are you trying to improve cardiovascularly? Do you want more power?

Tell us more about your desired goal.

I personally prefer Cathe, I find Insanity to be annoying, but that is just my personal opinion/preference. There are lots of Cathletes that love the Insanity. I just don't want a drill instructor.

Oops! Intensity workout by Cathe, not Insanity

I apologize. I meant Intensity, not Insanity. I'm trying to determine if I want to buy one or the other or both.

As pp mentioned, it might help if you tell us more about your goals. I love both HIIT and Intensity.

HIIT has three 30 minute workouts; all are tough interval style workouts. HIIT is great for interval training, for getting in a great cardio workout in a short amount of time and the fact that you have three workout choices on one video.

Intensity is one of my favorites - you have the separate step portion (tough!), then the two HIITs - each are about ten minutes, one is low-intensity and one is high intensity and then the bonus boot camp. You have all the fabulous premixes (nine in all I think?) so you have lots of choices from one DVD. I really love both, but if I *had* to choose I guess I would go with Intensity for the variety. That said, if I had to choose timesaver cardio I would definitely go with HIIT.

Note that you need a step to take full advantage of both workouts.

That helps clarify!

I like Intensity best. I like that I can use one of the HIIT sections as an add -on. You can also do the step section as a short workout too. Its a lot of fun. Watch the previews, that should help you decide.

If you love complex step, go with intensity. If you don't, you might consider HiiT. The HiiT in HiiT is much more intense than he hiit in Intensity.

Two very different workouts, but that's my humble opinion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.