Insanity or P90X???

if you want to lean out,get insanity. it has pushups and kb. if you want to be more cut,get p90x. i would choose insanity to get ready for the summer

laura

sts rocks. I do have Insanity and P90x. If you want to get the weight off fast, then do Insanity. I dropped 3 lbs in about 5 days and yes I was eating healthy. It totally shocked my system. I leaned out alot with p90x, but I am doing STS because I feel like this adds more muscle to me. I need more muscle. All of them are different. You will get results with any of them, IF you diet is clean.

Jennifer

Ugh, I'm still not sure! It seems like insanity gets more votes. I've been looking at their website and I guess what bothers me is the workouts seem to stop and start and be much shorter than Cathe's. I know we need to mix it up, but the Shock Cardio idea didn't work for me. My body didn't buy into the theory that they were intense enough to do shorter workouts than before. I didn't lose any weight or lean out from them and my diet is consistent. I NEED a change though...I'm not seeing any new results and I am getting bored out of my mind no matter how much I love Cathe. I've been doing her almost exclusively for 10 years, but no one else seems to measure up. P90x and insanity seem intriguing but I don't want to waste my money on another let down. I don't have real weight to lose...maybe a few pounds, but ever since I had my son 2 yrs ago, my body just hasn't been the same no matter what I do. I work out with Cathe 1 - 1 1/2 hrs a day and follow her rotations and it doesn't seem to be enough anymore. Frustrating!!

I feel your pain! I have both Insanity and P90X, I also have STS and STS Cardio, you can say I'm addicted to preplanned excersice tapes. I have done P90X, STS and STS Cardio and I'm doing Insanity now. Of all of these, P90X took the weight off. In two rotations I took about 20 pounds off. P90X is the most balance program consisting of 3 days of weight training, one day of Plyometrics, one day of KB and one day of yoga. It also includes an optional stretch. I love STS and combined with STS Cardio you will get three days of weight training and three days of cardio. I don't get bored with Cathe's approach but to be honest I didn't lose weight either. I have done STS twice and STS Cardio once in conjuntion with STS. I am currently doing Insanity, the third week. Yes these tapes are short but they really kick ass! These tapes are pure cardio, consisting of three minutes of HIIT followed by 30 second recovery. Can you say sweat fest? I have not lost weight yet, but to be honest my eating has been out of control lately. I think in the second month the work outs get longer and the weight will come off. Hope this helps and good luck.

I like both P90X and Insanity, but for cardio I think it's hard to beat the intensity of Insanity. They are short, but do not be fooled. They are WAY harder than Cathe's HiiT workouts. I never sweat like I do with Insanity. I think it gets a bit boring to do the same type of workout every day for 2 months. But mixing them in with some strength training will get you super aerobically fit while also getting in your muscle building. That's what I did, I mixed Insanity and P90X strength workouts. I got both stronger and more cardiovascularly fit in 90 days. I didn't lose a ton of weight, but I did lose a size. And now most any other cardio seems easy.

I don't have Insanity, so I can't comment on that one. What I can tell you is that I got great results from P90X. I dropped weight like crazy and my muscles were more defined than ever. The only thing about P90X is that I didn't really enjoy the workouts... there is no fun factor really to them and Tony is not really my favorite. But the results, for me, were worth it. I was a little skeptical because there was so little cardio in comparison with strength training (I am a cardio junkie), but I was amazed at how quickly the weight started coming off. I think after a while I added on a little extra Cathe from time to time, but I think the results would have been the same without it.

Katie

Thank you all for your responses. I have been deliberating for a long time and decided yesterday was the day! I ended up ordering Insanity Deluxe and figure I can always follow with p90X when I want. I just didn't want to spend the $ on both. Sooooooo, now the question is weight work. I think I may give it a try at first w/o additional weight work, but I can't imagine 2 months w/o weights. I noticed there is an Insanity/STS rotation, but I don't have that. I have some ideas, but wondered if anyone else already did this and what workouts worked in best. ?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.