IMAX 2 Workout Blender question

jodijodi

Cathlete
I'm guessing that I already know the answer to this, but I figure I might as well get the "official" answer. I would like to make some Workout Blender mixes with just the step combos from IMAX 2 (no blasts). But the workout is chaptered with only the complete intervals: step combo/blast/recovery. There is no way to separate out just the step portion without the blasts and recoveries.

Is there a way for you to re-chapter IMAX2 so that we can have the step portions, blasts, and recovery sections as separate chapters? There is a similar issue with Cardio and Weights...it would be great to be able to use just the step combos without the weight sections to make mixes in the WB.

But as I said, I think I know the answer already, especially since both workouts are from the same series. It looks like the Intensity series as a whole was converted to digital this way.

Great question jodijodi, I would love that too!!! I don't use Imax2 much because
Of that. I believe, though, that the DVD is chaptered with just the step portion,
Then the blast separate, then even the short recoveries. I might be wrong,..
I know Imax3 Step portions are separate. I wish, I wish, I wish... :)

I just used the DVD, and it is indeed chaptered with chapter points in between the step portions, blasts and recoveries, separate from each other. (When I tell you the workout I just did you will know how I know. ;) )

This is a total guess, but I think that the Intensity series was converted to DVD (as opposed to being made as DVDs from the beginning) or something like that, so when the video was digitized for online use, it was done differently from the series that originated as DVDs.The newer series were probably recorded using digital media from the beginning. I assume Chris can chime in here if I'm wrong.

And since I know aqua girl will appreciate what I had in mind for my WB mix, I will tell you the workout I did today, that I would love to recreate on the WB. I did the step combo only premix from IMAX3, followed by just the step combos from IMAX2, which I did by just skipping the blasts and recoveries and going to the next combo. It's well chaptered to do that, but of course I had to keep walking away from the step to pick up the remote to do it. So it would be great to be able to create a seamless mix. It was about 55 minutes long. I would call it "IMAX 2.5" :)

I'm guessing that I already know the answer to this, but I figure I might as well get the "official" answer. I would like to make some Workout Blender mixes with just the step combos from IMAX 2 (no blasts). But the workout is chaptered with only the complete intervals: step combo/blast/recovery. There is no way to separate out just the step portion without the blasts and recoveries.

Is there a way for you to re-chapter IMAX2 so that we can have the step portions, blasts, and recovery sections as separate chapters? There is a similar issue with Cardio and Weights...it would be great to be able to use just the step combos without the weight sections to make mixes in the WB.

But as I said, I think I know the answer already, especially since both workouts are from the same series. It looks like the Intensity series as a whole was converted to digital this way.

Hi jodijodi, I'll try my best to explain this. Nearly all of our premixes on our DVDs are made from the "chapters" you see in the chapter menu. Each of these "chapters" is then assigned a unique item number that the Workout Blender algorithm can read so that it can then assemble each of the chapters to make a premix. The problem with most of the Intensity series premixes is we did not use the chapters from the chapter menu to make the premixes. Instead, we used chapters, I think, from the "Mix and Match menu". Since the Workout Blender can only read "chapters" from the chapter menu it doesn't understand what these foreign chapters are. It would take about 3 to 4 weeks of work to re-create the intensity series workouts to make them compatible with the Workout Blender. That's currently just too costly to do for workouts that over a decade old. However, eventually, we will simplify the process of how the Workout Blender does its magic. When this happens we will certainly look into doing this.

Hi jodijodi, I'll try my best to explain this. Nearly all of our premixes on our DVDs are made from the "chapters" you see in the chapter menu. Each of these "chapters" is then assigned a unique item number that the Workout Blender algorithm can read so that it can then assemble each of the chapters to make a premix. The problem with most of the Intensity series premixes is we did not use the chapters from the chapter menu to make the premixes. Instead, we used chapters, I think, from the "Mix and Match menu". Since the Workout Blender can only read "chapters" from the chapter menu it doesn't understand what these foreign chapters are. It would take about 3 to 4 weeks of work to re-create the intensity series workouts to make them compatible with the Workout Blender. That's currently just too costly to do for workouts that over a decade old. However, eventually, we will simplify the process of how the Workout Blender does its magic. When this happens we will certainly look into doing this.

I had a feeling that your response would be along these lines, so I'm not surprised. Thanks for your answer!

Would it be possible to just re-do the IMAX 2 workout in the blender so the step
Combo portions would be separate from the blasts? (Like Imax3 and the new
Calorie Crush step? It would be so much fun to be able to put all those step
Combos together. Not the whole series now..just Imax2...I do program my dvd
Player to just play those on #2, but it would be fun in the blender to be able
To mix 'em......doesn't hurt to ask :) thanks. I had another idea, could you leave
The workout in the blender as it is, and just add like a separate IMAX 2 bonus in
The blender, The 10 step combos only, Each combo a separate chapter like on the
DVD?

Just kind of curious too, why wasn't the chapters taken from the actual chapter menus in Those older workouts since they were the actual chapters?

Last edited:
Hi aqua girl, all chapters on any DVD are "actual chapters". However, in the case of the intensity series, we just did not use the "Chapter Menu" chapters. You have to remember that the Workout Blender didn't exist back then, so we did not select chapters for our Premixes based on being able to use them in the Workout Blender. Also, we can not simply add or make changes to the Workout Blender. Even simple changes require thousands of code and data entries and we just can't spend that kind of money and resources on a workout that was made 14 years ago- it's just too costly. In the future, we hope to simplify and change how we add workouts to the Workout Blender. Only then will it really be feasible to do what your asking.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.