I want to share something that made my day today!!

Shannon_B

Cathlete
I was doing blood draws this morning and I went into a patients room who is really sick and was getting blood drawn for a blood transfusion. He was unable to talk but I was chatting with him as I was getting set up, and I heard a familiar song in the background and I thought to myself...this is from Cathe's video...and I looked and sure enough! It was KPC on FitTV! I was like "HEY! I looove Cathe!!" and the patient gave me a thumbs up! Sooo great! :D

As someone who has spent waaaaaayyyyy too much time in hospitals I have to let you know that you probably made that patients day too. The days are too long, lonely and scary in the hospital and any source of human contact is more appreciated than the giver will ever know. So from all of the patients out there thank you for relating to this person on a human level.

Shayne

Hi Shayne! Thank you so much for that! I just started doing phlebotomy and I looove the patient contact more than anything! I have always watched some nurses be so rude to the patients and talk about them as if they arent there, and I told myself I will never be that person!! Plus...Cathe on the tv? Just the best! lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.