I need a good chicken recipe

Hi All! I LOVE warm, seasoned chicken on my salads. I really love the pre-seasoned, but haven't been able to buy any of that lately. I've tried to season my own, but it just didn't taste that great. I hate bland chicken. Right now, I have the boneless, skinless chicken tenders. Can any of you suggest a good way to cook this so it has flavor when I put it on my salads?

Thanks!

Shirley

Hi Shirley,

You could whip up a homemade marinade. Maybe some olive oil, juice from an orange/lime/lemon, fresh garlic, pepper ...

It really makes the chicken tender and flavorful. With citrus fruits, don't let the chicken marinade more than 20-30 minutes.

HTH

Apple brandy chicken, made with chicken breast halves, apple brandy, cream, onions, and butter, along with mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS:

4 chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
1/3 cup apple brandy, such as Apple Jack or Calvados
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream

PREPARATION:

Flatten chicken; place chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound until thinned out and uniform in size. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken breasts. Spoon Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, then turn. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Add green onions and cook for another minute, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are tender. Add cream and thyme; simmer until thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Serves 4.

I marinade in chicken speidie sauce. That's kind of a central NY thing, so you may or may not be able to get it. But boy...it sure is good! And we chop it up and put it on our salads too.

>Apple brandy chicken, made with chicken breast halves, apple
>brandy, cream, onions, and butter, along with mushrooms.
>INGREDIENTS:
>
>4 chicken breast halves
>salt and pepper
>8 ounces sliced mushrooms
>2 teaspoons olive oil
>2 teaspoons butter
>1/3 cup apple brandy, such as Apple Jack or Calvados
>4 green onions, chopped
>1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
>
>PREPARATION:
>
>Flatten chicken; place chicken breast halves between pieces of
>plastic wrap and gently pound until thinned out and uniform in
>size. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet,
>heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken
>breasts. Spoon Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, then
>turn. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Add
>green onions and cook for another minute, until chicken is
>cooked through and mushrooms are tender. Add cream and thyme;
>simmer until thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if
>needed.
>Serves 4.

This sounds so YUMMY!
Tishee

Hi Shirley,

I have a recipe for an Indonesian marinade that's really good and very quick and easy. You combine soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a bowl or bag, abd marinate the chicken in it. I'll get the exact ingredients and amounts when I get home tonight.

Shirley-my solution and tried and true favorite seasoning/spice blend is Seasoned Salt. Some call it Seasoning Salt. You can buy it in the grocery store and in a lot of different brand names. I've tried all of them and they are all pretty much the same. I sprinkle it on my raw chicken or fish and BBQ or grill as usual. It doesn't add any calories or fat, just flavor.

Gayle

Oh, yes! My DH has become the Chicken King in the past few weeks and he's learned how to make chicken that tastes great in salads.

In one of his recipes, he marinates the chicken in San-J teriyaki marinade with a teaspoon or so of San-J Hot & Spicy Szechuan Marinade mixed in. You can marinate it for a few hours, or overnight. He always cuts the chicken up into bite-sized pieces before marinating. He then stir fries it in a skillet with about a tablespoon of sesame seed oil.

Boy, have we been eating great salads!

Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate it! All of these sound yummy. I'm going to print all of these out and put them in my recipe folder.

Shirley

Spiedie sauce!!! My father worked for IBM and we lived in Endicott, NY when I was in high school. That was 27 years ago but the memory of spiedies has never faded. I recently ordered some marinade over the internet from Lupos. http://www.spiedies.com/index.htm

It was as good as I remembered!! You should give it a try. I cut the chicken breast in smallish chunks, marinated it for like 2 days, and BBQd it on skewers.

I really like the Woozie recipe on the Heins Worchester sauce bottle. Add 1/2 light italian dressing and 1/4 Worchester sauce to one pound of chicken pieces. Salt and pepper to taste. Let marinade overnite and grill until cooked. Add to salad.

The chicken turns out very tender and flavorful.

Very simple marinades:

Marinate your chicken in fajita seasoning. McCormicks sells them.

Also, try Newman's Own Balsamic Vinagrette. I marinate chicken in this all the time. It is easy and tastes great.

Another simple, easy marinade is
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced

Lori

Kim, I use those McCormick envelopes all the time. I didn't know they sell big canisters.

The envelopes might not be gourmet, but they get the job done when you need to get dinner on the table. :) I also love Adolf's marinades. They come in envelopes also. They are way better than McCormick's in my opinion. I don't find them a lot. The steak sauce marinade is fabulous on london broil. I use my George Foreman a lot so I am always using marinades.

Lori

I think we all have those moments Lori. Some of us more than others. ;-)

Dilemma: Which recipe/marinade should I try first??? Hmmm...

Shirley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.