I know it's been asked before... PT training certification...

Jess_jugs

Cathlete
What do you ladies recommend? I trust my fellow Catheites to know their stuff! :)

I am looking to get my PT certification this fall. My *baby* is going to Kindergarten (all 3 kiddos in full time school!) and I'm sick of people asking me what I'll be doing with all of my *free* time. (yeah, right!) I was thinking this might be a good time to study for the certification.

ACE, NASM, AFAA, what do you guys recommend??

Thanks in advance!

Start with the ACE certification, which is somewhat less intense than the NASM or NSCA certification. (Can't speak to the AFAA cert.) If you benefit from the ACE cert and wish to move on into a more in-depth PFT career, shoot then for NASM or NSCA.

A-Jock

Hey Jess~

I decided to quit my job when my youngest went into 1st grade (she is now a senior in HS!). I used to get asked all the time "What do you do all day?" It really ticked me off!:mad: I kept busy with the many projects I wanted to do but never had time for plus I volunteered in the school every week.

Anyhoo...I agree with A-Jock. I purchased the Ace manual a year ago but have not taken the exam. I may still do it sometime but for now, I use the manual as a reference to assist me with my own workout program.

JJ

Hey Jess~

I decided to quit my job when my youngest went into 1st grade (she is now a senior in HS!). I used to get asked all the time "What do you do all day?" It really ticked me off!:mad: I kept busy with the many projects I wanted to do but never had time for plus I volunteered in the school every week.

Anyhoo...I agree with A-Jock. I purchased the Ace manual a year ago but have not taken the exam. I may still do it sometime but for now, I use the manual as a reference to assist me with my own workout program.

JJ

Thanks, JJ! I am going to seriously SMACK the next person that makes a comment. I was leaning towards ACE, and it looks like that might be a good option for me. That's exactly what I plan to do- projects that I never seem to be able to finish and volunteering at school, doing a MOMS Bible study, etc. And working out when I want to, rather than at 5AM!!! LOL

I've wanted to get my PT cert for a while, and I think this will be a good time to get it done! Thanks!

Jess

Start with the ACE certification, which is somewhat less intense than the NASM or NSCA certification. (Can't speak to the AFAA cert.) If you benefit from the ACE cert and wish to move on into a more in-depth PFT career, shoot then for NASM or NSCA.

A-Jock

Thanks, A-Jock. That's what I was thinking. I've been looking on their websites trying to figure out what would be the best option. So many choices! I've been wanting to take a CPR class anyway, it looks like that is a requirement for all of them!

Jess

Jess, . . .I know exactly what you mean. Only not only do I get those type of comments from other people I get it all the time from my mom, dad, and relatives, . . for some reason it seems to hit below the belt even more coming from them. Both my little ones 6 and 8 year old are now in elemetary school but I find that it still doesn't give me a whole lot of time to do stuff. They are in school from 8:20-2:30. I work part time from home as a dental/medical accounts manager and by the time I'm done cleaning house, cooking, working, and exercising I have to go and pick them up. Then I drive them to ballet, tennis, swiming, and basket ball throughout the week. I can see why you would be interested in getting your certification. It would be nice to be able to set your hours doing what you love and helping people get fit. Good luck to you. I know you can do it. Please keep everyone updated on your progress. I'd love to know how it goes. But for everyone who says "What do you do?" Just flash them a gander of your buldging pecs and your ripped abs and say I workout and take care of my kids. I'm sure you have great kids and working out and great kids are a reflection of the hard work you've done.

Jess, . . .I know exactly what you mean. Only not only do I get those type of comments from other people I get it all the time from my mom, dad, and relatives, . . for some reason it seems to hit below the belt even more coming from them. Both my little ones 6 and 8 year old are now in elemetary school but I find that it still doesn't give me a whole lot of time to do stuff. They are in school from 8:20-2:30. I work part time from home as a dental/medical accounts manager and by the time I'm done cleaning house, cooking, working, and exercising I have to go and pick them up. Then I drive them to ballet, tennis, swiming, and basket ball throughout the week. I can see why you would be interested in getting your certification. It would be nice to be able to set your hours doing what you love and helping people get fit. Good luck to you. I know you can do it. Please keep everyone updated on your progress. I'd love to know how it goes. But for everyone who says "What do you do?" Just flash them a gander of your buldging pecs and your ripped abs and say I workout and take care of my kids. I'm sure you have great kids and working out and great kids are a reflection of the hard work you've done.

Thank you, Janie!! I have 2 *friends* that keep wanting to find me a job!! Um... I'm not interested! If I wanted to find a full time job, I would! Yeah, I think the PT would be great to have my own hours, and do something I LOVE!!! I'll just start giving them the *gun show* and tell them to leave me alone! My dh is super supportive and knows it would be something I would enjoy. Anyway... thanks again for the support. It feels like I've been lacking in that lately... UGH!

What do you ladies recommend? I trust my fellow Catheites to know their stuff! :)

I am looking to get my PT certification this fall. My *baby* is going to Kindergarten (all 3 kiddos in full time school!) and I'm sick of people asking me what I'll be doing with all of my *free* time. (yeah, right!) I was thinking this might be a good time to study for the certification.

ACE, NASM, AFAA, what do you guys recommend??

Thanks in advance!

I did NASM and I am glad that I did. I dont think that it is as hard as people make it out to be. The exam was pretty easy, you just have to know what to study for and be prepared for some weird questions. You are welcome to PM me to get more info.

I think that getting my NASM cert really did set me apart from everyone else. But ACE is also a very good cert.

Mindy

I did NASM and I am glad that I did. I dont think that it is as hard as people make it out to be. The exam was pretty easy, you just have to know what to study for and be prepared for some weird questions. You are welcome to PM me to get more info.

I think that getting my NASM cert really did set me apart from everyone else. But ACE is also a very good cert.

Mindy

Thanks for the input, Mindy! That is another one that I was looking into. I might PM you for info, if you don't mind! Thanks!

Jess

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.