I hope to be posting here soon....I'm 3 weeks late....

udderlymyra

I am going to the Doc's tomarrow, to get a definite answer. I took 3 PG tests at 2 weeks overdue, but they were negative...but, my period hasn't started yet. A gal from my gym said she took a test (reason unknown) at 7 months (with twins) and it said it was NEGATIVE!!! I haven't overtrained and been under any different stress than usual, so there is no reason for a late period, other than being PG! I'm very ESTATIC because I have been in secondary infertility for 5 years now, so this pregancy has been a long time, and over $2000 in tests in-waiting.
My question is...did anyone ever have breast tenderness as a symptom of PMS and how did you differentiate that with the tenderness that comes along in the first few months of pregnancy?
I've always had tender breast PMS, but this tenderness is constant, and even bothers me when I do impact moves.
My test is at 11:30am, PST, so I'll fill you all in tomarrow with the results, so PRAY FOR ME PLEASE!!!!!! Love, ~Myra

Good Luck!

Myra, I'll be thinking of you today. Hope your results are what you are hoping for.

All the best,

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

YoHooo!

Hey, Myra, it's 3:00. Where are you? I hope you got some good news today. Check in with us soon. Thinking of you! DebbieH.

I'm back and.....

I have to wait another day!!!!! My GYN only did an exam and found three very interesting things....

1. My cervix was blue, (I guess it's supposed to be pink?) which means there is definte progesterone (sp?) inside, which is a GREAT sign!
2. My cervix is also soft, in which it's supposed to be firm. AND
3. There are large amounts of Estrogen in my body.

He ordered a blood test in which I took right afterward, and the FINAL result will be at the Dr's office after 10AM tomarrow! ICK! I am soooooooo impatient.
And further, he did not want to get the pregnancy confused with possible hormonal imbalance, so after the test, if I'm not PG, then he prescribed me some hormones to get me back to normal...
In talking with him, he seemed very confident that I was "clinically" PG, but did want to make it official until the blood test. So, until tomarrow after 10am, PST, I will let you all know!!! Thanks for being my cheerleaders guys!

Fingers crossed!

Myra, we'll put the good luck machine in overdrive! Thanks for the update, we're rootin' for ya!

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

Good Luck-

Those sound like pretty good signs to me. I guess you'll know for certain tomorrow though. Wishing you the best of luck!!
And I just must add, about your friend with the twins- those test look for a very specific chemical that doesn't remain at high levels throughout a pregnancy, so most likely there was nothing wrong with her test. Of course, many people don't have a high enough level to test reliably until later, which may be why you were neg at the 2 week mark.
I must say, I could tell pretty much right away, both times. I actually knew I wouldn't get my period, so I wasn't surprised when it didn't come. I can't say the symptoms were very different than usual, but they had a different rhythm to them, kind of like your breast soreness. The same symptoms as usual, they just feel different.
Best of luck for you-can't wait to hear. Linda

NEGATIVE......

I guess I'll be going back to the other forums, for now.......
I'm off to get my prescription for my progesterone (sp?) to get my cycle started again.

test results

So sorry to hear that you are not pregnant. I hope you are doing ok. I went through years of infertility/secondary infertility - if you need to talk, please email me. I know how painful it can be on that emotional roller coaster.
Erica

Oh Myra!!

I am SO with you! I have been following this thread with bated breath because I have been in your shoes time after time after time after time --7 1/2 years worth of cycles total (took 5 years to get pregnant the first time and 2 1/2 years the second. . . ). It is an incredibly difficult emotional roller coaster to ride, it's almost like a death when that much anticipated test is negative. And it IS in a way, the death of a dream every month! Bless your heart.

So Sorry!

I wish I knew what to say. Hang in there. God has a plan for you!! We will be thinking of you!
happy.gif
& a BIG HUG TOO!!!

Sorry Myra

I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Hope to see you posting in this forum soon. Best of Luck!

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

Thanks everyone!!!!

I appreciate all your support! I know I'll have more children, but not by my time-table, that's for sure! This (false hopes) has happened to me so much in the past five years that I was actually okay with it this time, I knew what to do: have a cry and try again. My hubby and kids were awfully excited this time though, they want the baby more than I do!!! Well, I'm off to pour myself into my roles as a daughter of God, wife, mother and NON-STOP fitness instructor! Thank God for Cathe, I wouldn't know what to do with all the anger built inside of me! Love ya' all!

Hi Myra!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that your feeling a little better today. Take care of yourself!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.