I Hate Cardio, May 1

Miss Lee

Cathlete
HEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!! Anybody out there?

A round of applause for Kate and August who kept the check-in going over the weekend. Your dedication to cardio hatred is truly admirable. I want you to know that, even though I didn't post (shame on me) I did cardio on both Saturday AND Sunday even though my rotation did not call for it. I did High Step Circuit on Saturday and a 3 mile Leslie Sansone walk on Sunday.

I'm scheduled for Body Fusion again today;( . I don't like this one. I have yet to get all the way through it. Maybe today will be the day that it clicks for me. But you know, I really have a lot of work to do around the house today. Maybe I don't have time for BF. I need to dust and vacuum, and there's a mountain of dirty dishes piled up in my sink (I didn't do dishes all weekend). I really need to file my nails, too. Of course, I should run my car through the car wash, and then there's grocery shopping. I haven't been to Target in awhile and I'm out of toothpaste and mouthwash. Gee, I may not have time to fit in that WO. Oh, and my allergies are giving me fits! I started wheezing during HSC last Saturday. I had to pause the tape and take a little break.

Girls, I read all of your posts from last week. You guys are such an inspiration for me. You have really helped to keep me honest with all this friggin cardio.

I better get going but I'll check back later.

Michele

Yes, yes, yes I am here....uhhhh I wish these darn allergies would go away. I am miserable.

Yes, I was a little busy this weekend and did not have time to post. Saturday we had to go to this big sale DH wanted to go to which the store is now all the way across town for us and it was raining cats and dogs on Sat morning, but no we dragged DD all the way out to go to a sale that sucked. But I did get some new borad shorts and a cute T-shirt. Then we had 2 friends and their baby over on Sat night, house is a mess and then we went to the zoo yesterday in the 90 degree weather with the allergies at a really high level. Was I asking for trouble by doing that or what. DD really did not have a good time it was too hot and OMG soooooo many people at the zoo yesterday, it was a zoo in there (pun intended)...anyway, enough about me.

Michele~ I am there with you on the wheezing. I had to stop 2x's today too and get my breath. I am over it. And yes you do have time for BF today...you better or I am sending Toasty to ROASTY your Boasty (a.k.a booty)! NO EXCUSES!!!! Get going!!! I know my house is a friggin mess too and I still have not done an assignment for school that was due oh yesterday...not good...but I still got my workout in the morning. So, come on go and do it. YOU WILL DO IT!!!

August~ you crack me up. LowMax might not be the way to go. I am having a blow out sale, somethings must go so I have some Cathe DVD's I will be selling you might want them just a FYI. I may have to give up step, not sure yet, the knee is getting much worse day by day so step may be out of the cards for me right now. You might be in luck!
Ok, on the barbell weight clip thingies..yes I think I have the same thing and uh they bug me too. They do seem to loosen up more after a while...so you best get to using them! heheeee!!!

Tallchick~ pat on the back. How tall are you? I am 5'11", love being tall. More places to "hide" the cheeseburgers when you eat them! haha! Good for you with all the cardio. Rock on sista'

Toasty~ calling Char Char....where art thou Char Char????

DMoney~ I sent the search and rescue team out for you filled with really cute firemen, you can thank me later!

Dana~ how was your weekend? How are the boys? Better question, how is the challenge going? Come on I have money riding on you, so you BETTER win!!!

Ok I am out. BBL

Hi Everyone - I swear I did cardio over the weekend, I just didn't post. I ran for 30 min on both Saturday and Sunday, as well as did easy some toning videos. I am trying to get my strength back after ignoring weight lifting for a few weeks. It is amazing how sore I am today for workouts that wouldn't have even made me break a sweat a few weeks ago. I read some were that it takes a few weeks to lose all your strength, but only a few days to lose cardio endurance, so luckily, I haven't missed a single run for the past two months! That is a big accomplishment for me.

This week I am running for 14 min, walking for 1. My plan today is 30 min run and do a short toning video, but I may have to work late again tonight so it may not happen. I am sick of working late. I had to work this weekend too. Tired of it!

p.s. Thanks Jana for sending the firemen. My hubby was so jealous!

Hola haters! My weekend was not good - ate way too many things that I shouldn't have. I'm also 3 days behind on my rotation. We've got soccer tonight so that makes 4 days behind.

I did get in a nice walk on Saturday. Me and the boys went 2 miles. I had Gannon on my back in his carrier so that extra 18 lbs really added to my walk.

So I need to resume my rotation with BootCamp.

Jana, did you get in to see the doc? I didn't log on over the weekend so I don't know if you posted or not.

Michele - you DO have time for your cardio. Listen to me, the queen of excuses telling you what to do. HA!

Diane - good job with your running over the w/e.

Well gotta get go ladies! I'll check back later.

Hey there!

Oh good, I see some of you decided to actually write today! Heehee!

Kate - I know, I hate "stuff." It took me a good long thinking period to decide to finally get the barbells. Now they sit at the head of my bed (at the foot of my bed is my step...and the various dumbbells, ankle weights, extra plates and a Pilates ring are lined up under the bed). When I have to change a plate I always stop and think a minute, "oh man, maybe I'll just use the dumbbells" but then there's that barbell staring at me so I grab for the dang clips and go for it.

Michele - Gosh, you guys are going to inspire me to do extra cardio on days off and stretch days! I can't imagine "throwing in" an extra cardio! On a weekend, at that! Well, anyway, I hope your Body gets fused today. Today it might click! Who knows, maybe I'll LOVE Power Hour next time I do it!

Jana - Oh man, do I need to go clothes shopping. To tell you the truth, clothes shopping is up there with cardio if you can believe it - hate it. I just don't know where the heck to go to buy, and trying everything on and getting nothing is so frustrating - I always feel like I've wasted the day. If someone would just go buy me stuff and I could just pay the money, I'd be so happy I'd do two cardio workouts a day for a whole week. Oh, hey, didn't you mention that you might be selling a bunch of DVDs in an earlier link? I only didn't respond to it because I live outside of the country and selling them (and sending them) to me would probably be more pain than it's worth. What's more, I don't have my checkbook with me. So I'm sorry I won't be able to be of any service should you decide to liquidate! But I hope your knee gets better and that you won't have to give up your step stuff.

Diane - Wow, you too, did cardio both on Saturday and on Sunday? What in the world is going on with you all? Are you trying to trick me into thinking I should also be doing cardio both on Saturday and Sunday?

As for myself......no cardio - I did S&H legs. And yes, yes, I was using my stiff clips and all. I'm still having WSAS ("Weird Swelling Arm Syndrome") when I have the barbell on my shoulders when I squat. It's totally obnoxious. But I do have some cardio coming up of course...surprise surprise - kickboxing.

Oh hey, I just realized my hiccups are gone.

this is a great day for posts. I was laughing so hard, still am.
I am six feet tall and cannot hide those darn cheeseburgers cuz I am a pear. Can't gain weight in the chest or waist but boy can I build it on the butt. And in the butt is where those 15 are which is why I am doing cardio day after day after day after miserable day. I HATE those minutes, oh do they drag!
Today I did GS Legs, what a great workout. I was feeling so good, so strong, feeling like a true Catheite. But then, I did the step portion of Cardio and Weights. I don't care if someone put a gun to my head, there is no way I will ever be able to figure out cardio #4. I usually just do a basic step the whole miserable six mins. Well, at least I can be unhappy doing Cathe, if it were anyone else I would probably just a memory by now.
Goodness, Wednesday is an all day field trip for hte Kindergarten class, guess I will have to skip that day. And YES, I do have a kindergartener. I am not just joining some unknown class because it is an excuse to get out of doing cardio. Wait, that isn't a bad idea. Oh no, summer is coming. NO FIELD TRIPS--HELP!!

Hi cardio hatin pals 'o mine. I did my cardio because I was afraid not to. Please, just kill me now. I did better but I still can't finish that 3rd combo. When I get to the part where you're supposed to lunge around the step I feel like my heart is going to pound right through my chest. I can't do it...I can't. I did a few then I modified with alternating knee ups.

Jana, I hate shopping with my DH, but when it comes to clothing I MUST go with him, otherwise it's hard telling what he'll come home with. He once nearly purchased a pair of Ralph Lauren cords...navy blue with little red lobsters embroidered all over them. I rest my case. I'm miserable with my allergies, too;(

Diane, I'm glad you've been able to get your work outs in. My God, how many hours are you working? Are you on salary or do you get paid by the hour? I sure hope things settle down for you. It's too much!

Dana, I'm soooo rooting for you for the 12 week challenge. Don't worry about getting behind on your rotation. At least you got your walks in and that's something! I can't imagine how hard it is for you ...well, ALL of you, to manage work, school, marriages, children, and keep up with heavy exercise schedules, too. Man, I'm such a weenie compared to you gals!

August, what are stiff clips? I hate anybody who didn't have cardio today--lol!

Kate, our little trooper! Please feel free to start this thread any time. I still say whoever gets here first should do it. Lately my sleep cycles are so out of whack because I haven't slept well with my DH away. The one night...er...morning, I didn't get to sleep until after 5 AM and then DH called me at 9 AM:eek: ;(. Thanks for the idea to adopt a class of kindergartners. On second thought, an hour of cardio might be easier--lol!

Have a nice evening ladies and I'll see you tomorrow.

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.