I Hate Cardio - June 24

August

Cathlete
Okay, so now where was I?

I just posted on the 23rd but realized it's a new day for y'all, so here we go!

So I put in Gym Style Legs thinking I'd do only the floor workout...and then realized that it's my Gym Style Legs DVD that's effed up and won't play right. Plus, there's no way to get the thing to do only the floor work section so I've got to keep getting my @ss up to click on the next exercise which totally irritates me. A couple of exercises in, I was getting really bugged. }(

So I decided to dust off....The Bar Method.

It had been ages since I did it, and I was sort of surprised how easy it had become after having done all that Cathe. In fact, I didn't break a sweat at all (and you know how I'm loving my new-found sweat, girls), and I really just felt like I didn't really work out afterwards.

It started me thinking about those semi-lunges and semi-squats. Maybe I'll ask Cathe if she thinks semis are worthy.

I could dust off my Karen Voight's Pilates ring thingamabobber, but the thought of that just isn't very pleasing.

And no eggs this morning - waaaaa! x(

But it looks like a beautiful day outside. Hope all's beautiful over there for you guys, too!

It's still Friday night...only 9:21 here in the lone star state....the only reason I am still on the computer is because I am so loaded down with school crap I have been working on for 8 hours now. This is getting to be a little excessive.

I think PLB is better on the floor work, just my personal opinion.

And...if your knees are not bothering you that much still do the squats just lower the weight a bit. Lunges are really not good if your knees hurt.

Do you take advil? If so give that a try also.

Hey you.

Thanks for the link. I read it through. It's really interesting. You know, something that hit me was the thing about shoes. Now, I wear mules and only mules. Every day, mules. And I walk like a fast mofo, too, so I grab those dang mules with my big toe so they don't fly away. Sometimes I'll be trekking and grabbing my mules and I'll notice that my big toe is a teeny tiny bit numb. :eek: I've worn mules and only mules for years and years and years.

Hey, it's not like I'm wearin' stilettos, right?

Um, right?

Okay, hope you are finished with your studies and into bed. I'm gonna put on some mules now and get to work. :7

P.S. Oh, yeah, and note taken on PLB. Thanks!

Morning ladies. I miss you guys!!! I've had quite a hectic week. First off, I was dead sick with that rotten cold. Could not work out at all. I totally screwed up with BFL (I've gained back 3lbs) soooooo I"m restarting on Monday which is the official start date for the BFL challenge. I was so pissed that I did not lose anything the week before even though I worked my butt off I was like screw this. I know, bad attitude but I"ve got about 40lbs to lose so it isn't like I'm just struggling to lose 10lbs. I could see if I was trying to lose 10lbs that there would probably be weeks that I wouldn't lose anything. But 40lbs is quite a lot so I should be losing, am I right????? Then I started feeling a bit better on Wed, went over to work out in the gym and there were a bunch of high school kids over there goofing around. So I just went back to my desk and ate my lunch. Yesterday I picked Gannon up at daycare and both of his eyes were gooped shut w/that yellow/green gunk. He had a terrible night's sleep. He is breathing so fast when he sleeps, coughing. His eyes were gooped up again this a.m. but they don't look red or pink. Once he is up he feels better. I hate having to try to get him into the doc over the weekend b/c there are few appointments available and even if you do get in, I think that they double or triple book so you are there forever. Sunday the office is closed and you are referred to the ER. No way am I taking him to the ER for this - we'll be there all day. So I'm hoping that he doesn't get any worse and if he is still feeling like this on Monday, I'll get him in.

Hmmm - let's see what else is going on this week? We finally got the water for Gabe's pool. DH about died when he found out it cost $100 but I told him that it is so much easier for me having a pool for Gabe at home. Gannon hates the water so I don't have to worry about finding someone to watch him, plus if you added up the money it would cost to take him swimming all summer, it would be more then $100. He got in it the first time on Thursday night, swam for about 3 hours and went to bed at 7:15. Last night he swam and went to bed at 8:20. I'm loving it! HA!!

DH is away for the weekend. He went to some race in Pittsburgh and won't be home until late Sunday night. Hope he wins big b/c mama wants a Bowflex! HA!! I got an e-mail yesterday from Bowflex that they are running a special. 20% off homegyms AND free shipping. Savings is about $650. I really think we should get one.

One last thing, I joined the BFL website and my screen name is CardioHater#1. How funny is that?

OK, anyway, enough about me. I haven't read over any of the threads from this week so you'll have to bring me up to date.

Michele: do you still have company or are you finally getting some down time? How's the rotation going?

August: are you still doing BFFM? What's new with you? I miss your sense of humor.

Jan-Jan: how's the knee doing? Is your mom still staying with you? How is Miss Marley doing? Anything new going on with her?
Gannon just got 2 more teeth and is crawling. He just started last Monday.

Diane: how are things with the workouts? Were you able to get back into running? You are so busy I don't know how you do it. I still wish that I could get into flylady. I bet your house is sparkling clean.

Kate: are you still sane? You know with the kids off,driving you bonkers, friends coming over, etc? Are you going on a vacation at all?

Well I better get going. I've got major cleaning to do. Planning on taking Gabe for lunch later today and then I have no idea what else. I really miss you guys and you are such a great motivation to me. I promise I will try to check in more regularly.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

DANA!!! We missed you so much!! So glad that you're feeling better.

Let's see. Well, first off, I wish I hadn't been eating my snack while reading your post about yellow/green gunk LOL. Urgh, I remember having that as a kid a couple times. That is totally scary to wake up in the middle of the night with! I mean, you wake up and you can't open your eyes and you're like AHHHH!!!!! I hope Gannon feels better and won't have to go see a doctor.

Can you imagine swimming for 3 hours and then having the most awesome sleep? Why does that stop when you get older? $100 doesn't seem like too much for a "private pool"!

What's a Bowflex? Is that like a big ol' weight machine? I'd be happy to have space for a treadmill. I can't imagine having space for a big ol' weight machine! I barely have space for my Step!

Don't beat yourself up about the scale weight. For all you know it's water weight from being sick. You're doing an awesome job with BFL so just dive on back into it now that you're all better. Enjoy your Sunday (within reason LOL) and then start that official Monday start day! YEAH! I totally cracked up at your onscreen name.

Ick. High school kids. I'd have probably left, too LOL. Man, I love working out at home.

Yup, I'm still doing BFFM and still putting WAAAAAAY too much time into plugging numbers and wondering if I should tweak my ratios and stuff like that. I have my weigh-in on Monday - I just need to chill, but instead I've been drawing little useless charts of my progress. Oh, that reminds me, I read a couple days ago that 5 pds of fat looks like a loaf of bread. A loaf of bread!! A LOAF OF BREAD!! Jeez, even half a loaf would be awesome! (I'm actually eating some peanut butter right now. Bread goes well with peanut butter x( )

Anyway, we're glad you're back.

JANJAN!! I kept thinking of you today because as I was walking around gripping with all my big toe might to my mules, the weirdest thing happened. My right knee kept starting to lock!!! :eek: I would have to stop walking and bend my knee all the way to sort of get it back into the right gear. I was really surprised (and cracking up at myself, and thinking about getting to a computer to tell you about it :p ).

Hey Dana!

Yeah we missed you! Ok, well I do hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about you getting sick and oh wow a pool for Gabe! How neat!
I paid $105 for 2 weeks of swim lessons at only 30 mins per lessons and talk about a big ol' waste of money. I would have gladly spent $100 for my own private pool. That's really not that bad. I would love to have a private pool! I would never get out of it!

How is Gannon? Marley started crawling about 2 weeks ago right at the 7 month mark and dang that kid is every where. I have to baby jail her because I can't get down and chase after her with the knee right now, but I was at my neighbors house on Wed and put her down on the carpet, she was gone. She also is using the cage to try and pull herself up and gets up on her knees and then goes back down again. Still no teeth. How does Gannon feel about his new teeth?

As for getting sick and not loosing anything, woman take it easy on yourself you were sick. Since the surgery I have been so far off the wagon with eating it is not even funny which is not helping matters. I must stop. I let my DH go to the grocery store the other day and he did not get hardly anything on the list so this week I will be hobbling my butt to the store instead of him. Men....uhhh.....

Well, let us know how the BFL contest goes. We are all rooting for you and will be your personal cheerleaders!!! I am starting the wave....hahaaa.....

Moving right along....

August, what am I going to do with you? Shoes could be the issue. Come to think of it my knee started getting worse after I bought a new pair of Nike's. I have a real narrow foot and Nike is the only thing that fits, but I bought a size bigger and a diff shoe that I normally wear and...hmmmmmm......hmmmmmm.....well that could have been an issue. You might want to check into the shoe thing a little
more. Will you ice it now already. geezee.....you are like a big kid!

Where is everyone else?? Michele, Diane, Kate...where art thou Kate???

Ok I have got to get my butt in gear. Tomorrow starts my first offical day of the flylady. Baby steps!

Good Morning Ladies -

Dana - So good to see you back! We missed you.

Well I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. First, I didn't get to sleep until 3 a.m. last night, just couldn't get my brain to stop thinking. Then when I finally woke up, found out some animal got into our garbage cans last night and strewn raw chicken scraps all over our back porch. Oh the smell...and the bugs. Yuck, I almost barfed. And DH has to work almost all day today, so I have to entertain the parents by myself - not a really big deal, they are low maintenance. It is just easier when we are both there. I have a few 5 min room rescues to do before they get here (of course the house got messy again when DH got home) and need to go to the grocery store.

No workout for me today, I planned on running this morning but I didn't get any sleep last night so slept in instead.

I will try and check in later today if I get a chance. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning, girls!

DANA!!!!!!!!! Miss Cardiohater #1 (LOVE that handle;) ), I'm so happy to see you here today. You were universally missed by everyone and I'm glad you found a minute to check in. Don't stress, your weight will come off. Are you eating enough calories? The idea that this could even be possible was a revolutionary one to me and most welcome :D . Sorry about Gannon's eye goo. I hope it clears up on it's own by Monday. I agree that $100 does not seem like too much to spend on a pool, and you deserve the bowflex, too. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Kate, where are you , darlin'? I know you're around because I've read your posts in the book thread. We need you, Kate. We love you goofiness :p :7 .

Diane, August, Janjan--I'm in an incredible hurry because my SIL is about to arrive from LA, so I'm just waving at you gals and nodding to August and Janjan that I have read your posts and agree with everything completely:p :7 .

I'm going to have to read that article, Janjan.

Love you gals!! Have a great weekend.

Hi guys,

I'm just getting ready to go to sleep but thought I'd drop by.

I posted on the Ask Cathe thread about semi-lunges and semi-squats. I hope she'll answer or else I might have to put my frozen peas to use!

Ewwwwww, strewn raw chicken scraps. Strewn raw chicken scraps. That would make a good punk rock band name, actually.

Have fun with your SIL, Michele!

Oh, and I wanted to apologize to high school students for my rude comment. Of course, icky people are just icky people, regardless of age :D .

All right. It's off to bed I go. Tomorrow is stretch day, accompanied by kitchen clean and vacuum. And pushups. Kate, where the heck are you?

P.S. If I got rid of my mules, I'd totally have no shoes. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.