I did another race this morning.... a 5K....

Jess_jugs

Cathlete
and it was FUN!!! It was a family event, my 9yo ran the 1 mile and my 7 and 4 yo's ran the fun run!

Here are a few pics.

Me w/ the girls before the 5K.
321303770.jpg

My 9yo... she ran 1 mile in 8:56!!
321299523.jpg

Look at my 7yo go... she came in 2nd place!
321300258.jpg

And my 4yo.... she's a little speedy thing too!
321300236.jpg

I was pleased w/ my time- 26:29. For those that remember, I've been dealing w/ a broken toe and did a triathlon last weekend so I haven't been running as much.

Mile 1 ~ 7:58 (holy cow, didn't realize I had sub 8's in me today!)
Mile 2 ~ 7:50 (wow, still going strong!)
Mile 3 ~ 8:22 (started to feel like crap!)
Mile .29 (course was off) ~ 8:10

So.... time was 26:29 and an average pace of 8:04!!!

Now next race.... another sprint tri in July!

What a great family activity!
I agree with SirenSongWoman: you are a fab role model for your girls. What a happy and fit-looking family (you all could be role models for other families today!)

Thank you!! It was really fun... and it makes it even better that they all had such a great time!! My dh even said he might do the 5K next year (he's not a runner, but he does work out too!).

It feels great because I didn't used to be a good role model at over 70# overweight!!

Wow Jess! You Go!!!! That's some amazing kids you have there - and what a great example you set for them!

> My dh even said he
>might do the 5K next year (he's not a runner, but he does work
>out too!).

He could walk it, couldn't he? Or isn't there a walking division?

Congratulations Jess! You have a lovely family and what a great example you are!

I'm doing 5K's the next 2 weekends. I hope complete them both around the 30 minute mark.

Well, there are some people that walk it, but it's mainly runners! I know he could do it... he just really hates running! LOL

Thanks, girl! I was super proud of them and so happy that they really enjoyed themselves! ;-) I would never force them to do it if they didn't want to!

That is so awesome Jess! I love that your kids are so involved in your healthy lifestyle, what a good example you are setting and what wonderful memories your kids will have!

jess- how awesome for you and your girls!! you are a terrific role model and your girls look like they really enjoyed themselves:D

Thank you for all of your sweet comments!! I made sure to pass on the high fives and way to go's to the girls! They were all so proud of themselves and my 4yo said... I just did my best!

There are some local fun runs here on Friday nights so I think we'll be going to them this summer!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.