I cooked some tastey chicken tonight!!!

Man, was it good!

Cut chicken into pieces (about 2 inches) and cook on stove top (spray pan with cooking spray) until cooked all the way through (3-5 minutes or so). Sprinkle on garlic powder, mint (seasoning) and add some brown spicey mustard. Stir it around to coat and reduce heat for a minute or so. Eat up!!

I put this on a salad with feta cheese. You can do anything with it, eat it with veggies or put it next to a potato or rice. I'd eat the left overs for lunch but my 2 year old scarfed the rest down!!!

Sounds great Sarah. I would of never thought of the mint. I love cooking with herbs. That's a great idea. It's sounds so easy. I just bought some whole grain spicy mustard too!

Tonight after dinner was done and cleaned up,(We had fish. I made tukey chili. This is the first time I have made ground turkey breast. I made the chili with onions, red bell pepper, garlic, fresh plum tomatoes, canned crushed tomatoes, dark red kidney beans, and the traditional chili spices like cumin, chili powder, oregano, anc cayenne. I think it will be great for lunch for the next few days.

Lori

Hi Sarah,

Sounds quick, healthy and yummy...my kind of recipe. I've never added mint to anything. It that a extract or do you just throw a mint leaf in the skillet?

~Chrissy~

I bought my mint in the aisle in the grocery store. Mine is in a spice jar all chopped up into flakes...just like basil, thyme, oregano. I can't believe how tastey is made the chicken. This was so quick and so easy! I will probably make it again tonight!

I just had to share because I know chicken is a staple in (almost) all of our homes and it can get boring!

Sarah,
Thanks for sharing and it sounds yummy! I am trying it tonight as I am bored with just baked chicken. Maybe we should start a recipe thread to get some ideas from each other. Clean eating can get boring for sure so to have great ideas like this recipe would be nice!

Terri

I wish there was a recipe SECTION on this forum!!! Food/nutrition area so we could post our great discoveries and it would be super easy to search!

My rule is, it has to be quick and easy. It is so much easier to trim chicken when your slicing it up to pieces anyway! I had the rest in my cupboard!

Make sure you tell me if you like it or not!!!

Hi Sarah, I use mint in my "Albondigas" recipe which is meatball soup. I actually have some growing in my backyard now. I was just going through your album and saw your photos. I thought they were very inspiring! I have been working out to Cathe for about 6 months; before that it was "The Firm" and "Gin Miller" and "Tamilee Webb". All together I have been working out since May 2004 (one year). I have lost a total of 20 to 25 pounds and lots of inches. I currently weigh 145 and have 10 to 15 more pounds to go. I have not done any workouts with the barbells just because I think those workouts may be too hard. I hope I can look like you someday!!!!! I saw that you are from Cincinnati; I live in Jackson which is east of Cincinnati. Oh by the way your kids are beautiful. I have 2 boys; 4 and 5 years old. Maybe I'll try the Chicken with mint and garlic powder, mustard on salad with feta!!!

Yolanda

Sarah,

I made your chicken recipe tonight and mixed it in w/salad, the feta too. It was delicious. Thanks a bunch:)

~Chrissy~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.