I am so irritated...

mabdoo

Cathlete
My DH and I took our 2 little girls to the park today to play on the jungle gym. There was a family there consisting of 2 adults and 10 kids. The kids were wonderful. They wanted to play with our kids and push them in the swing. The parents were the pains. They yelled at their kids from afar and SMOKED. We all know the type. They weren't really close to the kids but every once in a while I would get a whiff of the smoke. After about 15 minutes we took our kids to the tennis courts so they could run around. I really wanted to say something but didn't because it is not worth getting into with some people. They seemed like the type that would argue and make a huge scene. I am really annoyed because people like this always seem to ruin it for everyone else. To keep my kids safe I had to leave. I had just as much a right to be at the park as they did. What would you have done?

I'm not sure I understand. Were you upset because the parents were smoking or because they were inattentive or yelling at their children? Were they doing anything illegal or smoking in an area that was not permitted? Were their children in harm's way or doing something that put themselves or your children in danger?

I am irritated by a lot of things. First, they were smoking. I wasn't sure if it was a non-smoking area but I guess in this day and age I would hope that people would know better than to smoke in public places especially where there are children. Our area is also huge into the no-smoking in public places. this also make me feel bad for these kids because they must have to live in all that smoke. Second, if you are going to bring your kids, watch them closely and do so so that you don't have to scream and yell from a distance and disrupt everyone else. People were uncomfortable by that. Usually when we go to the park parents play with their kids. I don't enjoy going when people are constantly yelling and screaming. It just didn't make for a relaxing experience that it usually is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.