I am nervous

denise5

Cathlete
Hello Everyone!

This will be my first roadtrip. Actually, this will be the first time I have ever traveled out of town by myself. I am nervous. I don't know what to expect. First off, I am a shy and quiet person and it does not help that I do not hear very well. So if I keep saying, "What did you say?" I really did not hear or did not understand what you said. I am also nursing a shin splint. It is getting better and I hope to be able to participate in everything. What are you guys bringing as far as clothes for the reception on Friday and the Fitness Feast on Saturday? If anyone has any insight about the road trip, I would like to hear it. Having said all that, I am very excited to be going and to meet Cathe and all of the rest of you.

See you there

I'm Nervous Too !

Hi Denise,

This is my first time going as well and I'm pretty nervous! I haven't worked out in a class setting in several years - just me, Cathe and the gang, and my tv for quite some time...

For what it's worth, I have partial hearing loss but I'm leaving my hearing aid at home. Maybe we can meet up and shout at each other. ;)

I plan on wearing kind of dressy tops but jeans to the evening receptions?? I hope that fits in - I'm trying to avoid ironing.

See you Friday!
Michelle

MEEE tooooo!

I too am getting nervous about the trip. I am a shy person, but I'm going to make an effort to come out of my shell! I'm definitely looking forward to a fun weekend and I can't wait to meet everyone!
I love the jeans idea! That is my kind of "dressing up!" I started making my packing list, and I'm wondering how much work-out gear to bring. Hmmmm! I guess you can never have enough!
See ya'll this weekend!

I am nervous, too! This is my 3rd time, but, I keep coming back!
You'll meet lots of people in your boat, and everyone is friendly and interested in talking to you (even Cathe!). You have a common factor which brings us all together to have a fun and memorable time! See you soon!:D

What to bring list

I too am getting nervous about the trip. I am a shy person, but I'm going to make an effort to come out of my shell! I'm definitely looking forward to a fun weekend and I can't wait to meet everyone!
I love the jeans idea! That is my kind of "dressing up!" I started making my packing list, and I'm wondering how much work-out gear to bring. Hmmmm! I guess you can never have enough!
See ya'll this weekend!

Hi Deliabroussard,

at Cathe's "what to bring" list, she says to take 8 workout outfits.

Check it out:

http://cathe.com/roadtrip/2010/what-to-bring.php

I hope it helps ;o)

Oh good, I was thinking jeans too. Also, the What to bring list, overlooked clothes for Sunday's class, so don't forget it. Bring a sweater or sweatshirt for any outdoor activities. Looks like it could be in the 50's at night.

Try not to be nervous. You are coming to this to have fun, so enjoy it. Everyone is so friendly.

Hi everybody!
This is my first road trip too! I will be there by myself. My husband is coming with me, but he will make himself busy while I am at all the activites.

I'm pretty shy too, but I am going to try really hard to come out of my shell! I can't wait to be around a bunch of people who share the same interest! None of my friends really work out at home so I don't get a chance to talk about it.

See you all this weekend!
Aaron

Girls, I know it's easier said than done, but don't be nervous. Cathe is amazingly calming and so much fun! This will be my 3rd roadtrip, and I was nervous too and didn't know what to expect. But as soon as you get there you feel soooo welcome and everyone is so nice, especially Cathe. And the poor gal, if anyone should be nervous, it should be her since she has to cater to all of us all weekend, but she never is nervous - or at least she never acts like it. She is just so much fun and spends time with each of the roadtrippers indivdually and always has surprises up her sleeve!
Don't stress too much over clothes. I always brought more than I needed. My advice: Just bring your few favorite outfits that you feel your best in, and be prepared to have lots to take home with you *wink wink*!!
Can't wait to meet you all! I'm wearing my cowboy hat!

I was just coming on to say my final "See y'all in Texas" and "wish y'all safe travels" when I spotted this thread.

Please don't be nervous. I know it's hard not to be anxious when you have never been on a trip like this before but just as everyone has said, once you set foot in the door and start to chat with everyone, its a very relaxed environment. Please come sit with me at any meal if your nervous or shy. If someone is already there just pull up a chair, we can all scoot over a bit and squeeze you in. I promise I don't bite and I would love to hear all about you, your family and anything you want to share with me. :D:D:D

There is no competition, no pressure to perform at a 10 or even look like a 10, in fact it's quite the opposite. I encourage everyone to pace themselves because we have a very busy weekend ahead of us. If you choose to even sit out a class and tap your toes to the beat on the side lines, that's fine by me (and you might even have quite a bit of company with you ;)). The weekend is all about us sharing our love for fitness and meeting one another....sure we love to enjoy a good workout (and that will surely be provided) but its not the main goal of the weekend....meeting each other and making friends is :D

I'm starting another thread that will list the classes we will be doing and cover last minute details so be sure to check that out as well. I still have to type it up though, so be on the lookout soon :D

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks everyone for your replys. I feel better now. I plan on hanging out in workout clothes most of the day on Saturday. I probably wear jeans and a nicer top for Saturday night. Now if I can just get through flying down there on a little plane tomorrow morning, I will be great.

Michelle: LOL, I will tell you what you don't hear and you can tell me what I don't hear. If neither of us hears anything, we can just do whatever.

Cathe: Thank you for your reply Cathe. I am very excited to meet you and everyone else.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.