Hysterectomy and weight loss

pinkpurple1

Hi. Has anyone been able to lose any weight with one of Cathe's dvds after having a hysterectomy? I find it difficult to find a sucess story post hysterectomy. The internet is loaded with weight gain stories but with so many reported surgeries of this kind there should be somebody who has succeeded. :confused:

Hi Pinkpurple1,

I had a partial hyst November 10th 2011. The doctor removed my cervix, uterus, and right ovary. It is taking some time for my hormones to regulate since the left is having to pick up what the right ovary was doing. I'm not on any hormones as of yet. I'v not had any weight gain after surgery, as a matter of fact I lost some weight. My weight prior to surgery was 157, right now I'm at 146. I did not gain like everyone told me I would and websites said I would. I also have hypothyroidism, am taking synthroid for that to regulate.

How long has it been since your hyst? Everyone is different, I found that searching the web for answers on this subject to be down right depressing for me, so I quit and went back to doing what I knew I could do and watching what I eat is a BIG thing for me. I've been doing Cathe's MMA Boxing/Kickboxing and some of the HIIT w/o's and they are working for me. I'm 50 yrs young and I will do the best I can that's all I can do. Eating clean is a HUGE factor! It's hard, but it's doable.

I just saw this and wanted to give some positive feedback. (HUGS) I hope this helps. :)

Sandy

My weight loss struggle

Hi Sandy.

Thank you so much for the information. I had my surgery in August 2011. You made me feel so much better. The internet had me down right depressed. I searched site after site with no motivating stories. Last few days I have changed my eating methods. I love sweets and treats but cut them out except for maybe something small if I get really "needy". I just needed someone to say they had mastered weight after a hysterectomy. I am not going to give up you just lit a fire under me to keep going. Thank you soooooo much for the post. You have no idea how much you have helped me. :)

Chantelle

Hi -- I want to give you some encouragement. After my hyst, I gained some weight. I was complaining to my GYN doc, and she just laughed at me and said the hyst is NOT why I was gaining weight. She talked to me about how each decade you must reduce your caloric intake and increase your exercise expenditure. After her pep talk, I did just that. I started logging my food and stepped up my aerobics and weight lifting. I'm happy to say that now, after 20 years since my hyst, I am at the very same weight I was presurgery (which is a good weight for me). It can be done! Set some goals and stick to them. Good luck!

When I had my total hyst in 2002, I was such an inactive person. I remember how they'd encourage short walks during recovery .... one day I walked 2 houses up, came home and that was about it for my activity (how do I do an eye roll here?!). About a year later, I'd had enough, cleaned up my eating and started losing weight immediately.

Then I found The Firm, which lead me to Cathe, who made me feel so powerful! Soon after, I had to have a bladder lift (kinda related to the hyst, but more so to having kids). My recovery was SO much better and I was so antsy to get up and MOVE. That time around went much better.

But when all is said and done, for me it just down to what goes in my mouth. It always has. Working out can give me a little wiggle room (ha ha) and tone my body, but nothing but food really affects whether I gain or lose.

Oh and stay off those internet sites - they *were* depressing!

Hi PinkPurple1,
I "mysterously" started gaining weight about a year after my hysterectomy - but I also noticed that I had cut down my workouts and the intensity of my workouts because of skeletal issues (back, joints).

Once I started kicking up my intensity and added another day of exercise I can say that I am in better shape now than before my hysterectomy...

Cathe's Low Impact Series has really helped me - I also cleaned up my diet a bit... laid off the soda (diet, even) and switched to water.
It will be 2 years for me in August and I feel great.

Hang in there and be patient with yourself:)

Wow, that sounds great. I honestly feel alot better. It is wonderful that you shared motivating tips. I needed to hear some positive feedback. Thank you so much.

I like those two statements also. I am listening and changing my ways with a new way of thinking. More weight gain does not have to be in my future. I appreciate the posts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.