Husband Laid Off Today

ejostling

Cathlete
UGH. We're screwed. The writing was on the wall, but I was hoping he would last a few more months. Why is it that we're caught up and humming along, and Wham. He is optomistic that he'll be back to work soon, but maybe you've seen me post about the bad economy in Detroit. He has only worked there for 8 months and they BEGGED him to come to work there, so he did, and now what? He carries all our medical and is the major breadwinner, so I'm a little freaked. Does anyone know anyone hiring civil engineers?

Sallyx(

Sally,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband-if you go to usajobs.com and put in civil engineers it will bring up a lot of areas where they are looking for civil engineers and they are Civil Service positions which are very good positions to get. Good Luck

Lisa

Sally,

You could even put in MI and there are a couple listed there but if you wanted to move like I said these are excellent jobs to get.

Take care

Lisa

Try Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Himbaugh otherwise known as FTC&H.
They have offices in Southfield, Lansing, and Grand Rapids.
or URS Greiner.

Sally, I's so sorry to hear of your troubles. I remember when my DH got laid off. It wasn't a good time in our life, but I'm sure you'll get through it. Besh wishes.

Thanks everyone. I hope he finds work quickly, or I may be having a DVD sale on ebay. Jennifer, I will have him look into that company, and thanks for the link to USJOBS. Maybe a relocation isn't such a bad idea. Anyone live in a booming economy?

Sally

i'm sorry to hear this, that's awful. i did hear that there is a huge themepark planned in michigan but i'm not sure where? it's supposed to open up lots of engineering jobs, from what i understand.

good luck, sally, i'm sorry.

> Anyone live in a booming
>economy?
>
>Sally

Yes, I live in the Washington DC area. Northern Virginia and DC have plenty of jobs for civil engineers. The pay is pretty good too.

Sally - I sure am sorry to hear this. As an engineer, I know your husband has some very valuable skills. It may take a little time, but he'll find a job, and a good one! Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.