How often or how long do you exercise a day?

banana1255

Cathlete
Hi all !! I was just wondering how often or how long do you exercise a day?? I exercise before work in the morning (cardio) and then again in the evening (weight lifting or yoga).

When I read the forums I feel like I'm a slacker with all the exercising other people are doing. I just don't know how they fit it all in cardio, weight lifting, running, yoga and so on and so on. Are they just hardcore or am I just a slacker.

Carol

I work out around an hour every day, after work. I have been doing mostly cardio lately, because I'm nursing tennis elbow, so I can't do any weight lifting right now. But, a normal week would be cardio every other day, then weight lifting every other day. I usually work out 6 days a week. I know that some people work out a lot more than I do, but if I do more than that, it's too much for me. It sounds as though you have a good set up going - not a slacker at all! It's what feels good to YOUR body. Keep up the good work!

Two workouts a day does not make you a slacker, Carol. On the contrary!

I work from home and try to get my workout done mid-morning. It's just when I feel the most energetic and least busy with work. I generally do 45-60 minute workouts, whether a dvd, elliptical or run/treadmill. I try to do this most days, and usually it comes out to 5-6 days a week. I don't know how people fit in hours and hours each day either, and frankly I don't feel it's necessary for me. To each her own! If you are doing something, you are ahead of most Americans!

I used to work out for 45-60+ mins during the week and even longer on weekend days and I would work out 6 days per week. Usually taking my rest day on a weekday.

For the past few months though it's been 15-30 mins during the week and maybe 30-45 mins on the weekend if that. Again, 6 days per weeks with my rest day falling during the week usually and it's workin' for me! I love it! :D

I usually workout in the morning M-F with one of Cathe's DVD's or another cardio, weight or circuit DVD. Then hubby & I walk 3-4 miles in the evening M-Th and then a longer walk on Saturday. Right now we are training for 1/2 marathon in November so we alternate btw long & shorter walks on Saturdays but will start tapering down. Sunday is our rest day. But I think everyone has to do what works for them. Some days are short workouts; some days are longer; some days are easy; others harder & then some days when my wagon is really draggin I stick to a nice easy yoga workout.

You are not a slacker at all. I just started working out twice a day also a couple of months ago. I've really gotten into STS and am also training for the Goofy challenge in January. So, I'm doing cardio and weight training in the same day about 6 days a week. Also, I've just recently finished homeschooling my children and now they are off doing their own thing and working so now I finally have a life :) - so I've found this passion for exercise and I love it. I'm just sorry I didn't find Cathe earlier ;).

Regina

Hi all !! I was just wondering how often or how long do you exercise a day?? I exercise before work in the morning (cardio) and then again in the evening (weight lifting or yoga).

When I read the forums I feel like I'm a slacker with all the exercising other people are doing. I just don't know how they fit it all in cardio, weight lifting, running, yoga and so on and so on. Are they just hardcore or am I just a slacker.

Carol

Carol, this is exactly what I do, cardio in the morning and strength/yoga in the evening. Right now is cardio in the morning and one of the LIS workouts in the evening.

Rhonda

M Jog/Walk/Hike 5 min. warm up, 20 min. intervals + Cathe body weight work (next time will be slide/glide.)
T Cathe Cardio of some sort, about 1 hour; evening yoga about 1 hour (Shiva Rea)
W Jog/Walk/Hike 5 min. warm up, 20 min. intervals + 40 min. hike + 35 min. yoga AM or 25 min. yoga AM (Desi) and 25 min yoga PM
T Cathe Yoga Max
F Jog/Walk/Hike 5 min. warm up, 20 min. intervals + 40 min. hike + Stretch max w/band 17 min.;
S Cathe circuit w/weights this week is LIC (both cardio/weights.) about 1 hour.; Cathe Yoga relax (about 1 hour)

So, really, just 3 run/walk days, 2 strength days, lots of yoga for my metabolism/stress reduction. I don't always do the yoga. Sometimes I just do a meditation for 20 minutes. I'm not always peppy enough:eek:

Generally, 6 days/week, 1 hr/day.

Currently, because of a crazy work schedule, i'm working out 45 minutes 2 days a week, 60 minutes 2 days a week, and 1/1.5 hours 2 days a week.

I think you've gotta do what's best for your body/life style/happiness. I've thought about working out twice a day, but after getting up at 5:00 am, exercising, and then working from 8am until 5/6pm at night, I just can't fathom coming home and working out again. Sure I could do it, but it would cut into my time with my family, running errands, cooking dinner, etc. Now i'm not saying there is anything at all wrong with working out twice a day, i'm just saying it doesn't work for me. and if it doesn't work for you either, no worries! Be proud that you workout as much as you do. You are definitely NOT a slacker! :)

I workout 6x a week for an hour, I don't have time to workout in the morning mainly because I'm not getting up that early (I go to work for 6am) I come straight home and start my workout on the weekdays and get my workouts done in the morning on the weekends.

I'm comfortable with this setup :)

We have trainers that come onsite to my job so typically I take group classes Mon-Thu (45 minutes) and then a couple of nights during the week I'll do an hour of Zumba. Then on Saturdays I might do an hour of Zumba or a Cathe DVD as my last chance workout for the week. My rest days are Fridays and Sundays.

And you are not a slacker!!

You are definitely not a slacker! I do one workout per day (at least an hour each workout), because that's really all my schedule will allow for and I seem to get good results. I think everybody structures their workouts in a way that works for them, and if your workout schedule is what works for you, then it's perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.