How much do guys actually say to their friends.....

undrcvr25

So this has nothing to do with fitness or health but just plain curiousity. I want to know how much do guys actually say to their friends about their relationships, and sex. I want to know because I was out with my BF and his friends and all of a sudden our sex life is laid out there and what was said wasnt all that great. They said they were joking but I am not so sure...Any insite on this issue?;)

I would definitely say that it depends on the guy and on how close he is to his friends. BUT, speaking generally, my experience has been that guys don't really talk about sex with GIRLFRIENDS with their male friends. Meaning...casual sex or sex with someone with whom they are not in a meaningful relationship almost definitely will talk about. Sex with a girlfriend/someone who they really care about, not so much. Of course, your BF may have felt pressured to go along with the guys. And if that's the case that would bother me even more. JMHO.

Well in High School guys would talk all the time about their sexual conquest, 95% of which was fiction.
Normally a mature adult man will not talk at all about their relationships and sex to a male friend.

I have to admit, your post concerns me. He's demeaning you and showing you no respect if he's sharing your intimacy in a negative way. I would let him know this upset you. If he continues to be a jerk, dump him. You're a lady and deserve to be treated with respect. Just my opinion, please don't take offense.

Well said, Georgia. The more I think about your post the more it really bothers me. I mean, he is talking about an incredibly personal and intimate aspect of your relationship with his friends in a negative way and then telling you he is just joking. I agree with Bill, if he is over the age of 22(because I'm willing to allow that any guy under this age may really not 'get it' yet) then I would seriously be re-evaluating this relationship.

How do you think he would feel if you and he were out with your girlfriends and you made some remarks that his performance was less than satisfactory, the size of a certain something left something to be desired, etc. and then said you were "just joking?" I think he would feel humiliated and hurt and i doubt he would take it lightly.

Of course, I don't know all of the particulars of your relationship so I am basing my advice of what you have said.:)

>Normally a mature adult man will not talk at all about their
>relationships and sex to a male friend.

EXACTLY! Talking about the privacy of a sexual relationship with a male friend is immature at best. If my SO did it, I'd consider it a huge warning flag.

I've always thought that most men who feel the need to "brag" to their friends about that sort of thing are usually making it up anyway. It shows their insecurity, as well as a complete lack of respect for their partner.

How old is this guy and how long/seriously have you been dating? Because he does seem to be treating you like a casual sex partner vs. a relationship partner.

My SO never talks about our sex life to anyone!

Another thing to consider if the talk wasn't nice is that guys when in a social situation with other friends may "trash talk" each other.

Are the upsetting things true? If so he's sharing stuff he shouldn't and you both need to talk about it. If the stuff isn't true then the "buds" are dissing each other. My wife has gotten upset when "us" guys do it to each other, hell, my daughter (18yo) do it to each other, I'm "old fart" and she's "beyatch".

My wife was even amazed at the trash talk in the movie "The Sandlot"

I just read your post & looked up at your user name... "undercover"!! I just had to giggle! :7

Bless your heart, I know exactly what you mean though!
Denise

Thank You all for the great advice. My BF and I are going to have to have a talk. and a serious one. IT struck me as kidding at first but once reading all the feed back it is disrespectful and degrading to me.

I don't know, but DH told too much about it to his army buddies about five years ago and I still haven't forgiven him because he says he didn't do anything wrong (his character doesn't allow to say "I'm Sorry"). The result is that I haven't been able to let myself go. He complains but also tells me to get over it. I can't - trust isn't there...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.