how long till pelvis feels normal?

debcpa28

I am 9 months post pardum with my first child and am still nursing. I cont to have pelvic instability and feel low back pain and groin and pubic bone pulling still from time to time. Things just don't feel very stable still. Is this normal?? My delivery was uneventful but i had alot of sacroiliac pain and pubic bone pain near the end of my pregnancy. I get so depressed at times and am so afraid that I'll never be able to exercise with intensity again. Tell me I'm not alone.:confused:

I would talk to you rdr. THat does not sound wuite right. There is always the chance that some good chiropractic work will do the job... It is always more helpful than regualr docs for me. Hope that helps a bit...

I would also vote for a visit to the chiropractor. Part of the problem is that now, in addition to issues you had while pregnant, you're carrying around an infant. That does a number on your low back in the same way pregnancy did. My chiro calls is a very technical term: "mommy back". :)

I see him monthly, and he is able to adjust my low back (the sacral area) as well as offer tips on how to carry myself, DS and deal with posture going forward. He's been an immense help. Make sure to find a chiro that will explain how/why everything interconnects, and is interested in helping you improve on your own, as well as with his help.

I had something similar for my second son. My OB recommended a chiropractor and physical therapy PT. PT focused on core exercises that helped out a lot, three weeks after I felt like a new women.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.