How long does it take atkins to kick in?

pugsrule

Cathlete
Hi,

I have completed my first week of the atkins diet and no weight has come off!!! I was wondering if it comes off typically in the second week or I am doing something wrong. Please let me know your thoughts! I really appreciate it. Have a great day!!!

Hi. Are you making sure to keep track of the carbs? A lot of stuff that you don't think of could have carbs in it. I lost 3 ponds the first week. I haven't weighed in yet for this week. I really tracked my carbs. I didn't realize that things like lemon juice and some salad dressings really had alot of carbs. HTH.
LD

It should take about a week. If I remember correctly (it has been a few years now) I lost about 5 lbs the first week, but I was VERY VERY strict & probably had >10 carbs a day. Also I found myself ummmm......what the heck.....peeing a lot so I know most of that was water weight. After that first week I lost weight pretty fast.

The problem with Atkins is if you cheat just once you basically go back to square one. Your body has to get into ketosis phase to really start dropping weight, which takes about 2 weeks. If you go over 20 carbs only one time you start over again.

Well, I bought the strips to check if I am in Ketosis and they keep turning pink....so I thought I was doing okay. I have been really strict as well....and have been peeing a lot too! Maybe it will kick in soon....I hope!

Hi Laura,
I was wondering...how many carbs you allow yourself now. You look fantastic! dmd

Thanks chicky--I try to stick to >100 per day during the week & I eat pretty much what I want on the weekends. Which includes dessert & bread.......oh how I missed my bread! :9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.