How long did it take for your waistline to come back?

nspaulding3

Cathlete
How long did it take for your waistline to come back?

I am feeling somewhat disouraged because I still have such a long way to go (a good 6 inches). I am within 10 pounds of my prepreganacy weight, but my belly still looks pregnant.
As much as I love wearing sweatpants around the house, I wish some of my other clothes were close to fitting me.

I had my baby 4 weeks ago and I just started dong walks on the treadmill this week. I'll probably start adding ab exercises next week. I feel like i've been eating pretty healthy and drinking lots of water, but definitely eating more than normal due to breastfeeding.

To top it off I have a wedding to go to in three weeks and am absolutely dreading buying a dress.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Listen take your time and be patient w/your body. As the saying goes, it took 9 months to put on and about 9 months to take off. My waist took a year or so to get close to back to it's orignal size and now I'm trimmer than before I got pregant. So be patient and if you work hard, it'll look more like "you" again.

RE: How long did it take for your waistline to come bac...

Thanks! It is good to hear from someone who has been through it.

It does make sense that it would take awhile to get back to my old self, I don't know why I was expecting any different.
I will keep going with my walks and slowly add Cathe workouts back in (and I'll try not to get too hung up on my measurements)

Thanks for the inspiration!
and if you have any workout rotation suggestions I would love to hear.

Noelle,
At 4 weeks postpartum, I was wearing sweats and some maternity clothes. By 3 months postpartum I was back in my loose fitting jeans, by about 6 months postpartum , I was close to preprego shape. I don't know if you are nursing, but once I weaned my daughter at 9 months, I lost the remainder of weight plus some. Be realistic. You had a person living inside you for 40 weeks .

I worked out a minimum of 4 days a week. Two days I did a total body workout. And the other two days I did running, or aerobics (about 30 min). My total body workouts w/weights weren't as hard as Cathe's main stuff. I was doing the Firm then. You could try doing Cathe's beginner video and work up from there. It's about eating well (if you are bfing make your extra calories smart healthy ones) and being consistant! GOOD LUCK!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.