How do you do it?

kittymom

Cathlete
I am 5 mo prego and thinking about after I have the baby. How do you fit your workout in with a newborn and a job?

TIA,
Shannon;)

hi shannon, and congratulations! ibegan working out starting 1 week post pregnancy and went back to work part time after 12 weeks. i always work out very early in the am so i am done by the time my little one wakes up. i know lots of people work out during naps or at night, but my little guy would only cat nap, and i am way too tired at night. that is just what worked for me. after a few weeks it was habit, and now i cannot function without working out.

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Thank you Morris for the reply. Before I became prego I worked out 6 days a week and was up at 5:00 a.m. every morning. I think it is awesome that your started working out 1 week post. What workouts did you start back with?

TIA,
Have a Great Weekend
Shannon:)

You will find the time. If you work outside the home, it's perfect...go during your lunch hour, stay an hour later, or go an hour earlier. You will not have the "distraction" or guilt of your baby being right in your face all day. You will also not be interrupted so much, which drives me crazy when I have to stop my workouts...

I do not work outside of the home, but I have twins and my husband works crazy, long hours. I am by myself everyday with them. I have now settled to work out after they go to bed around 7pm...Yes, it is tough after a long day with them by myself, but onces I start, I am good to go. I go to bed about 10pm every night.

I really think that everyone has a "workout clock" when their bodies are most ready to exercise. If you can find that, you will be able to stick with it and plan your baby's schedule around that...I have always been a night workout person, for some strange reason and my mornings are too crazy - and I am too tired after them all night! ha

Sorry...one more thing...Remind yourself that you are working out for YOU and to be a better mommy...You NEED a time everyday to with yourself doing something for yourself. If you make that commitment, you will find the time in your day.

I don't work outside the home, but still here was one of my strategies... I tried to work out before the baby got up. If she woke too early I would take her for a walk in the stroller. You see, my baby was also a catnapper, but would sleep longer if in motion. But my twist to a walk was to put a set of handweights in my driveway. I'd take a quick loop around the block and come back and do some quick weight work before she realized she wasn't moving. I made my own little circuit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.