Hot Tubs

Rhonda

Cathlete
We are looking at getting a hot tub and wondering if anyone had one. If so, what brand, how long have you had it, do you use it a lot, and any other general information. Many repairs?

We have looked at Cal Spas, Hot Spring, Dimension 1, Dynasty and have sat in a few but it is such a big decision.

Thanks
Rhonda

Hello,

We had one in our old house....didn't use it too much because of the location, but it was Cal Spa and we never had a problem with it. We also had a Newfoundland dog (big, hairy thing) so the filter had to deal with stray chunks of fur from time to time, and no problem with that either. have fun with your hot tub!

Hello, we have a hot tub and love it. We are on our third winter with it, and our family is in it daily at various times and numbers. This truly is our family time and we have had many many wonderful conversations with our kids. I think of it as our dinner table type of experience only better.

The brand we chose is Arctic Spa. This is because of where we live, near Tahoe. Our temps can get very cold and I wanted a spa made for that kind of weather. The company is out of Canada, and they build for cold weather. In fact a friend who lives in Alaska says that is all anyone she knows will own up there.

My inlaws have a Sundance. I was told by our spa guy that in his opinion that was comparable, or next in line. Since they live in the Sacramento valley they do not have the weather issues we worry about.

It is a big descision! Our family is not wealthy and this is a real luxury item, but one we have not regretted a tiny bit.

We have a Jacuzzi hot tub and love it. We keep it very hot, 107, but it feels great on a cold winter night, a warm spring night, and on cool fall mornings. My husband loves it in the summer, but I'd rather use the pool.

Don't get one that is too molded. Ours has bench seating all around and it's just more comfortable.

Shopgirl

I agree with Shopgirl, get one with bench seating. I have one that is molded, it has two seats that lean back and one lay down seat and we never use the lay down one. There is also a short bench seat and we use that one a lot. Especially once you've been in the hot tub for a while and you get too hot and need to sit up and get some cool air. By the way, I live in Alaska. We bought our spa at Sam's club, don't remember what brand it is, but we've had it for around 5 years. We've had to get a new motor and new cover but my DH was able to do the repairs, so that's good. But we don't use it much and in hind site I would have gotten one of the small round ones that you can store in the garage when you don't use it (like in the summer).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.