Hot Mommas to Be-Week of Nov 22 Check-In

jaypea

Cathlete
Hey Ladies,
I had to put the "hot" in the title because I am feeling anything but...:(.
Any exciting plans for Thanksgiving? My family will be traveling to see our extended families (an hour away). Both my DH and I are from the same hometown, so that helps around the holidays. It's like a two for one when we travel to see them!
No nausea today (yeah)! I had a great workout at the gym yesterday (cardio and legs). I am getting ready to do the Baby Bells workout after I am done posting. Thanks so much for checking in....you ladies give me great motivation to keep working out (and to listen to my body).
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Timber-Congrats on the girl. I don't know what it is like to have a girl (because I have two boys), but I bet you are excited!!! Great workouts, by the way! I'd love to walk, but by the time I have time it is too dark.

Melanie-Good news about the appt. Hopefully all is resolved after the baby is born.

Allison-How are you feeling after Bodymax 2? That's a tough one! I'll have to pull that one out. So, Zofran (sp?) is for nausea? Does it help?

-Jen

Good report on baby this week

Hi all,

Saw the doc yesterday and all seems to be right on track with me and baby girl.

Jen, I am lucky to be able to walk sometimes after work. I had a brainstorm and remembered that we live near an office park that has sidewalks, pretty good lighting and a serene atmosphere where walking is fine, even after the dark. Plus it is technically an air force base and so, it's pretty well patrolled by law enforcement. I've lived here for about 3 years and had been walking in late afternoon/evening on a congested road with traffic, etc. and it finally occurred to me that I can go to the office park for a safer walk if I have it in me after work.

We (My pooch & I) walked our two miles this morning. It is SO windy and cold here but we did it. I want to be diligent this week, with holiday meal and husband home for 5 days (we are *bad* when together sometimes), so later I will do a structured workout: CTX kickbox and PUB up the pyramid only. Tomorrow we are taking a loooong walk down the railroad tracks (3.5 - 4 miles, depending on which route) with the dog prior to leaving for Thanksgiving at my sister-in-laws (an hour away) or if the wind and cold keeps up, I will do a cardio workout here at home. Friday is MIS but also a 2 mile walk with the dog if possible. No doggie daycare so he needs exercise this week too!

For those that have nausea...sounds like a silly solution but I offered up my quick fix to a friend and she swears by it. Suck on a gummy bear when you feel yucky and it usually takes some of the queesiness away :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Have safe journeys and great meals :)
Christine

Hi Jen, Christine and Allison,

Feeling good this week. However, I can tell a difference in my workouts, my stamina is not as good as it used to be. Yesterday I did a muscle class @ the Y and today I did step moves just on the platform and a 15 minute yoga. I cleaned the house yesterday and my back was not holding up so good, so I took it easy today. My biggest issue is time management. Feel overwhelmed sometimes, like I can't get it all done.

Well, tomorrow for Thanksgiving, I am working. I work 24 hour shifts so I will be stuck in the hospital all day. Will be going to the MIL's for Thanksgiving on Friday evening after I take a nap. Hope you all have safe travels and a Happy Thanksgiving!! Allison - hope you can get some holiday yummies down!!

Melanie

Late in my reply!

"Hi ageleg,
Congrats on your pregnancy! You're so close!!! Is this your first baby? Are you ready to finally meet this baby? Wow-you give me such great motivation to workout. I want Turbofire and Cathe's new workouts SO bad. For the meantime, I have my tried and true Cathe's and some others. I am sure your delivery will be easier due to the fact that you exercised throughout your pregnancy. Do you know what you are having?"

Hi Jaypea and Happy Thanksgiving to you! (I am in Canada, so we already had ours) Hope you are enjoying some great food and company. Forgive me, but I can't remember how far along you are.

I am so sorry I never got back to your response above in the previous thread. Pregnancy brain in full effect! LOL.

I am 38 weeks now and yes, I am close. Pretty excited as it is our first. At the 20 week ultrasound, they said it was a girl, but I never confirmed that. Now everyone is saying I 'look' like I'm having a boy! I think it is all a bunch of bullsh*t, but you never know, maybe they were wrong? You have GOT to try Turbofire when you get a chance. The music rocks! It's nowhere near as hard as Cathe, but I think that is good. You can't pound your body all the time.

Gawd, I hope you are right that delivery is easier having done months of exercise! LOL. Good for you for getting back to the gym and having a great workout. It has amazed me over these months how much the body can withstand. Hopefully, your nausea is dissapating and will be a distant memory soon.

Oh...and I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on those new Cathe workouts! I look forward to pushing myself after the baby is born!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.