Honeymoon help

trixie108

Cathlete
Ok, so I am getting married next August, and we have decided to go to Riviera Maya, Mexico for our honeymoon. I am working with a travel agent, who keeps pushing the Excellence hotels on me (because, of course, they are the most expensive), so I thought maybe I could get some opinions here.

Does anyone know of any good adult only, all inclusive resorts around there? Or maybe places to stay away from? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I think it's a GREAT idea to work with a travel agent, but...they are working on commission and may push the hotels with a bigger pay off.

Do your homework. There are dozens of sites out there...hotels.com, expedia.com and some others I can't remember right now...that can give you ideas on travel.

We got married this year and are planning our honeymoon for next year and we've been going to the government sites for where we'd like to go and getting travel information there.

Once you find your spot, tell your agent you interested in this...I always like to have 3 places...if none of these suit your agent, then maybe it's time to locate another agent or wing it on your own.

I've been researching resorts in the Caribbean for my boss and do a google search of "Best resorts in Jamaica" or Dominican Republic or whatever. There's a site that keeps popping up that rates the hotels/resorts, based on customer ratings. I don't have the website handy, but if you do a few generic google searches, you'll find it. Getting customer ratings is your best bet to find the best resort.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.