HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS

Anyone have a good recipe for homemade protein, or fruit and nut bar? Would love a recipe; if you wouldn't mind sharing!!:)

Hey Karen, here's a protein bar recipe I like because it's so easy to change the ingredients depending on your mood--you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink or keep it simpler. You have to scroll way down to the bottom to see the recipe and then see the step-by-step pictures. I do highly recommend adding 1/4 cup melted coconut oil to the base mixture as she suggests. YUM!

Averie Cooks » Vegan Peanut Butter Choc Chip Protein Bars

Found this recipe recently and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! No bake and comes together in just a few minutes. Tip: keep a jar of ground flax in the freezer. My adaptation for this recipe is Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder, 2 T. Cacao powder (instead of carob), 2 T. Hemp seeds (instead of sesame), 2 T. of raw cacao nibs (because I can eat them in EVERYTHING! :p), and I omit the stevia, as the protein powder already contains some. This is a copy and paste of the recipe that I clipped to Evernote, and I don't have the link from where I found it, so I am unable to credit the recipe creator in this post. :eek:

No-Bake Low-Carb Protein Bars
By paphlovian on December 03, 2009

3 Reviews
Prep Time:*5 minsTotal Time:*5 minsServes:*6,*Yield:*6 bars
About This Recipe
"I have been looking for a protein bar that is not full of carbs. The following is a my own interpretation of a recipe I found online. You could experiment with other ingredients (i.e., other types of protein powder, coco powder, nuts and seeds, etc...). If you come up with other variations, let me know! :)"
Ingredients
1/2 cup flax seed meal ( grind whole flax in a coffee grinder)
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
10 tablespoons protein powder ( I use rice)
3 tablespoons carob powder
1/8 teaspoon stevia powder ( or to taste)
1/3 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup water ( more or less, as necessary)
Directions
1. Mix all dry ingredients well.
2. Mix together almond butter and coconut oil in a small cup (if the oven is warm (not hot!) I place it in there for a minute to soften it before stiring.
3. Add almond butter and oil to dry ingredients and mix WELL (I actually use my hands to do this). The mixture will be rather dry and crumbly.
4. Add vanilla extract and water (I'd recommend adding water gradually, starting with 1/4 cup, so you don't overdo it) and mix well.
5. Grease a 9x9 pan (or similar size) and press dough into pan. I press for a few minutes with my hand to create a consistent thickness.
6. Chill in the fridge for several hours to set, then cut into approximately 6 pieces. Wrap each one individually for a quick snack, or store them with wax paper in-between.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 197.1*Calories from Fat 16282%Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueTotal Fat*18.0g27%Saturated Fat*5.0g25%Cholesterol*0.0mg0%Sugars*0.8*gSodium*34.4mg1%Total Carbohydrate*6.2g2%Dietary Fiber*4.3g17%Sugars*0.8*g3%Protein*5.2g10%

lemon protein bars
1 c oat flour
2 scoops vanilla protein
1/4t salt
1/2t baking soda
2qt mix lemon crystal light
1/2 c stevia
4 egg whites
8 oz jar baby food apple sauce
4oz water

mix oat flour, protein, soda, salt & crystal light in a large bowl

mix egg whites, stevia, apple sauce & water

then mix wet & dry ingredients together
bake in 8x8 pan on 350
for about 23 mins

pretty tasty

Christie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.