high step use?

lizzyc

Cathlete
This probably sounds ignorant, but if I already own a regular step why do I need a high step. I just ordered the blast series. Will I need one for those tapes. I'm limited with space so I'll only get it if it is a necessity.
Thank you,
Lizzy

>This probably sounds ignorant, but if I already own a regular
>step why do I need a high step. I just ordered the blast
>series. Will I need one for those tapes. I'm limited with
>space so I'll only get it if it is a necessity.
>Thank you,
>Lizzy

Lizzy, I have a regular step, and a Fanny Lifter as well. Right now, I'm using either one for the step ups in the Intensity Series. My concern with both of them is that they are less stable than a high step would be. I ordered the "topper only", so that I can use it with the risers that I already have.

I did the same. I am not comfortable stepping on the Fanny Lifter with heavier weights, partly because of stability, but also because I don't think the material is as sturdy as the regular step. When I use the Fanny Lifter, I use The Firm's 8 lb stick rather than my body bars. Since the old Firm tapes with the wood steps used barbells, I assume there is a reason why The Firm switched to the lighter stick.

Hi Lizzy! The High Step is great piece of equipment to use during your weight training or circuit workouts. While it is very versatile, it is most significant in its use to sculpt the legs and glutes. Leg Presses/Step Ups are one of the most common exercises used to sculpt the legs and glutes and it is best done at a height of around 12 to 14 inches for most people. While you can use your regular 8 inch step to do leg presses, you will not get the same results. If you are unsure of making the High Step purchase at this time, I would suggest using a step platform of about 12 inches for your workouts. Rubbermaid makes a 12" plastic platform. This will definitely not be as sturdy as the High Step but it will at least be a way to see if you enjoy the use and benefits of a higher step before you invest in one. Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.