Hi intesity, hi impact

A

Andrea

First of all congrats on your little boy! And I think it's great that you started this forum. Now for my Q. I am 6 weeks preggo and I just want to be sure that it is really okay to keep doing the Cathe tapes (except Interval Max). I have always gotten pretty out of breath, but I just don't feel like I've worked if I'm only breathing kind of hard. I just want to make sure it's still okay to work out hard like this, as long as I feel comfortable. I realize that on the PS tapes I will have to modify a lot as my tummy gets bigger. I am mostly concerned with the aerobics.
Thanks!
Andrea

Step Tapes

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-99 AT 08:48PM (EST)</font></center>

Congratulations on your pregnancy. My suggestion is to do the tapes but NOT with all out intensity. I feel its okay to continue doing the workouts(as long as you are feeling good and experiencing no discomfort)but I would stay in the medium intensity range for the majority of the workout and only push a LITTLE harder than that for about 25% of the aerobic period. Its okay to breath a little heavier during your workouts but don't let yourself get breathless. ALSO, OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER NOT ONLY WHILE YOU WORKOUT BUT ALL DAY LONG. Good luck with everything.

BTW, Sheila, if you are reading this, feel free to chime in with anything you may want/need to add.

Re: Step Tapes

Thanks Cathe........Couldn't have said it any better myself. I would also like to add that it's okay to give yourself permission to slow down if you feel the need, even if it's just for that particular workout. Remember your body is changing daily!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.