Hi- About Video Fitness tee shirts..... (very long)

Clare*

Hi! I'm posting this at Cathe's Forum because I know that there are some people who were interested in shirts that may be having a hard time getting into VF right now. Also, some of this applies to those people who are coming on the VF Cathe trip either as one of the 50 or as extras. This is a repeat of what was just posted at VF:

First let me ask that anyone interested in ordering Video Fitness shirts please follow my instructions to the letter! I MUST have the e-mail addressed as I ask- as I plan to sort them into different files, then print them out for my records. Please forgive me if you think anything I ask is a little strange, but I have memory loss and organization problems relating to my Lyme disease and I have found what works best of me. I need it done this way so I can keep track. Thanks so much!

I am now taking orders for the first Video Fitness teeshirt. The teeshirt design was done by Donna Z who is a professional graphic artist. It depicts a line drawing of a strong muscular women lifting dumbbells. Running behind and along side the figure is a computer mouse with a cord and along the cord is written, “On Line Inspiration, At Home Perspiration”. To the right side of the figure is the Video Fitness logo and the URL address. I know this is aimed towards women. All I can say is, “sorry, guys”. This design seems to fit best with the majority of Video Fitness.

Also, this is going to take a lot of my time. Especially to sort and mail out all the shirts. I asked WWWendy if I could ask people for a voluntary donation to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in recognition of the additional time and effort. I’ll be honest with you- I’m a little behind in my fund-raising, and this time could be spent with preparing a garage sale or other fund raising. :) WWWendy agreed that I could ask, but I must stress that this would be a VOLUNTARY donation. It is not necessary to make a donation to order the tee-shirts. All I can do is assure you that this a wonderful cause, your donation check would be totally tax-deductible, and I would appreciate any amount, great or small.

In order to keep cost of the printing down, the design is all in shades of one color- purple. It really looks very, very nice. This means we only pay for one color screen. As a result, the costs of the shirt will be 8.00 plus 3.20 for priority mail. No- don’t ask me to send it out cheaper. I will be using priority mailers for all the shirts. Also, at this point I don’t know how many shirts I can get into one mailer. If you want more then one shirt and I can use the big floppy mailer and get 2-3 shirts in each for the 3.20, then all you will spend is the 3.20 for the mailing. But I’m not sure yet. I will check out and let you know by Monday.

You have the option of two different shirt styles and two different colors. All the shirts are 100% Heavy weight cotton, and they are all pre-shrunk. The shirt I like the best is a modified baby doll tee. So it has a scoop neck, short sleeves, and comes down to just above my hip bones. However, it only comes in Small, Medium, and Large. No XL. I am about a size 8-10 on top, and I wear a 38B bra. I tried the size Large and it seemed loose on me. I would probably go with a Medium for myself. The other shirt is a scooped neck short sleeved Tee-shirt which is designed and cut for a woman. Comes down to the groin area. This shirt comes in Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and 2XL.

There are two colors which I have chosen for each tee-shirt. One is a paler yellow, and the other is a rose pink. The rose pink is darker in tone. The printer has told me that the shirt design will show up fine on both colors, but that it will stand out more in contrast on the yellow.

So here is what is available:

Video Fitness Tee-Shirts
$8.00 each, plus 3.20 shipping.

Baby-doll Tee S, M, or L yellow or pink
Scooped neck Tee S, M, L, XL or 2XL yellow or pink

For this first printing, all tee shirts MUST be ordered by next Wednesday, Oct 4th, 2000. I may in the future take orders for another printing (but no guarantee!), but for now I am having all the shirts printed for the VF trip. I will take your order, send you confirmation and my address, and I expect a return check sent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I need to pay for the shirts when I pick them up before the Cathe trip. I’m trusting you all as much as you are trusting me!

HERE’S HOW TO ORDER: (please follow exactly!)

1.) IF YOU ARE GOING ON THE CATHE TRIP. You are entitled to one shirt. You may order more if you wish, but you will have to pay me before the trip! You will not have to pay for shipping as I will ship all the shirts for the trip to Cathe’s, and that is built into your 50.00 deposit.

Please send me an e-mail with the topic headline- CATHE TRIP TEE-SHIRT and your Name- (It must say this! And don’t try and be funny by typing “and your name”- I am trying to make it easy for me to find your e-mail in the future)

In the body of the e-mail, please follow this form:

CATHE TRIP TEE-SHIRT:

Name:
Address: (just in case you can not come at the last minute)

Shirt Style: (baby doll or scoop tee shirt)
Size:
Color:

EXTRA SHIRTS ORDERED:

How many ordered:
Size:
Color:

2.) IF YOU ARE COMING AS AN EXTRA ON THE CATHE TRIP:

The topic headline should be: CATHE TRIP TEE SHIRT- EXTRA. And your name

In the body of the e-mail:

Name
Address

How many ordered:
Size:
Color:

3.) IF YOU ARE JUST ORDERING A TEE-SHIRT:

The topic headline should be: VF TEE SHIRT ORDER and your name.

In the body of the e-mail:

Name
Address

How many ordered:
Size:
Color:

I will send everyone back a reply, verifying your order, how much you owe (with shipping if it applies), and will give you my address at that time. If you need to send checks, you must do as soon as possible after you get my confirmation. I will be ordering based upon your order e-mail, not based upon when I get the money. Remember, I am trusting you.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Clare

More info about shipping charges and LLS donation

I have discovered that I can fit two shirts in the mailer and still be within the limit. So if you order 2 shirts the cost would be 8.00 each, plus one flat shipping charge of 3.20, or $19.20.

As far as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society donation, WWWendy ask that I explain further. I am currently training for the Chicago Marathon and will be running it for LLS on Oct 22nd, I also hope to run/walk the Disney Marathon in January. This is a cause that has become dear to my heart, as I have several dear friends whose children and parents have suffered from, or been lost to, a blood related cancer. The strides they are making to find a cure are amazing and one of my Patient Heros is currently in clinical trials for a pill that may take the place of Chemo for her type of Leukemia. Their main fund raising efforts are now coming from LLS's Team N' Training, the group I belong too. I am also currently a mentor for 18 other people who are also raising funds. (and yes- that is too much, but I am doing 8 for Chicago and 10 for the Disney marathon).

If you are ordering tee-shirts or sending me the information on your Cathe trip shirt,and would like to donate, I will include donation information with my e-mail reply to you.

I am, of course, taking donations from anyone. So if you would like to donate and you are not interested in a shirt- just e-mail me with the topic "TNT donation" and I will send you the information.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.