Help with Teen Gift Basket Idea

Stacy

Cathlete
I'd love some ideas to put together a gift basket for my niece's 16 yr old bday. I don't want to do electronics b/c I don't know what she has or needs and that stuff just tends to be too pricey. She's not a girly girl so she's not really into makeup, or nail polish or hair accessories. I don't want to just get a gift card, but I do plan on putting one in the gift basket. I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks for any ideas.

Here's some ideas to get you started.

I asked questions because I love to do themed baskets. So if I was gearing towards summer I'd use a beachy tote with sunscreen, lip balm, insulated water bottle, and/or flip flops...maybe a beach towel. Not sure of your spending limit.

A hair themed one:
A canvasy basket with No pull hair ties like Teleties come in so many sizes and colors. Add some great smelling organic hair shampoo and conditioner.

Generally spa themed:
I realize you said she's not girlie but even the tomboyish girls seem to like the Treehut body scrubs as gifts. Many nice scents available at Target or Ulta. As matter of fact Target has large islands with general toiletries that aren't necessarily girlie but definitely good general use.

Home decor:
Cute, dry erase boards, photo boards. Also, Yankee candle or bath and body works has candles and scent room warmers

Craft themed:
If she crafts, then a plastic case with dividers and some new supplies. Many teens like to doodle so then watercolor pens and paper are nice.

If you know her phone, then a new case is always welcomed and a wristlet wallet.

Hope some of these ideas help!

Thanks for the ideas! So far my gift basket has flair pens and some candy. Flip flops is a good idea! I'm also thinking of getting a nice necklace, though not girly I know she has been to at least one school dance. I'm not sure what to get yet there. I want something a little more mature looking but not old lady (like me haha). Something she can wear with alot of different things. I'm definitely not a fashionista so not sure what is popular these days. Would a simple pendant cubic zirconia be too "old"?? I'm not sure if she has her initial/letter pendant or not. I want something higher quality but also don't want to break the bank in case she doesn't wear it often. Her parents are divorced and not a great relationship so I can't really ask her mom and her dad is a somewhat typical dad who doesn't know and doesn't even know her shoe size, I can guess on that one though. She has sensitive skin so probably will shy away from soaps etc. She's a bit shy and likes to really just hang out on electronics with her friends, typical teen I guess?!

I would not personally recommend the pendant unless you know she's asking for one. Most wear, what I consider fashion jewelry (i.e. unique to the outfit, not very expensive to dances.)

I will tell you that time spent shopping with the teen letting her pick out ..and then coffee afterwards is something most would appreciate. Establishing the budget beforehand helps.

Or offering to help outfit her with jewelry and shoes for the next dance. Time together is something my nieces appreciate the most. And then the item has greater significance.

Good luck!

If she has a car, you could put a steering wheel wrap or some other inexpensive item for cars in the basket. Fun socks with her favorite animal, hobby, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.