Help Me Choose An Appropriate Dress!

You can't go wrong with an A line skirt that hits at the knee. Choose a jacket or a top that sinches in at the waist. This will accentuate your small waist and give you that hour glass figure. Think Christian Dior 60's elegance but modernized like Diane Von Furstenberg. Something shaped like this maybe?
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=39292&pid=564546
or like this? Think of the shape, not necessarily the dress. The hole shape in the middle would be bad for a larger chest, not to mention the black is more funeral than it is wedding.
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/produc...Ns=Popularity|0||Product+Code|1&Nu=Product+ID
This shape of an A line botton with something that cinches in at the middle looks great on anyone.
Your lucky, I'm quite jealous that you have such a small waist. I wish my waist was that small but I share your pain. I'm petite but more on the rectangle shape with no chest 34 B 29in waist and a 35 hip. Not only do I have to hem everything I have a short torso, so nothing ever fits on top either. I guess this is what makes everyone different. Try as hard as you can to find a good tailor. Always buy bigger and get things taken it. It gets expensive but is well worth the investment. Michael Kors always says that the reason why European Women always look good is because they get their clothes tailored to fit their body. Now I wouldn't know if that's true because I've never been to Europe, but it makes sense. Hope you have fun, and hey if you feel good wearing whatever it is that you choose it will show in your confidence.

Thanks guys! I think we all have fabulous tastes!:)
I agree Jainie, I do have to accent my waistline with a belt or something has to be fitted in the waist otherwise I run the risk of looking pregnant if the garment hangs from my chest.
I love DVF, in fact I have one of her wrap dresses -its vintage I found it in a vintage clothing store. I was thinking about trying her dresses, I really need to get out and look instead of shop online which is what I usually do!
I have so many clothes already, I was thinking about a black pencil skirt-knee length with a white (fitted and tucked in) blouse, along with bare legs and a pair of incredible black patent pumps or sandals? Simple but super flattering on my body type... or would that be too hot? Its inside with air conditioning though. That outfit would be for the rehearsal dinner. But I reallyI have my heart set on something flowey and pretty....I love the newer maxi dresses, and have a blue one, in fact here is the link, would this be too casual for the rehearsal dinner? I would probably wear it with my black patent Tory Burch sandals? I also have her straw clutch with a white patent trim thing on it-so cute its almost stupid. What do you think? Then, its just the wedding I have to worry about since its day to night and more formal.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...N-225064&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSDAY&rfnbr=3205

How about a strapless dress wiht a shoulder wrap. Wear a corset or strapless long line bra to help keep those girls in place. Is the rehersal dinner Florida casual?

Carmen

Kinda casual, the groom side of the family will dominate the whole party and they are super conservative, our side-the brides family are not, but my DH wants me to go conservative, its always better the err on that side when you do not know the people there I guess.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.