Hello

disey

Hello--I have been meaning to ask this for months now but I do not want to seem coy or nasty but I must ask unfortunately:(
Does anyone else find it frustrating or annoying when in every Live class --every class and several times over and over, we are asked if we are feeling it---every exercise ---are you feeling it, I hope you feel it etc etc etc. I find it very unmotivating especially when it is a hard class or am struggling--it just turns me so off...Is it only me--I find myself yelling at the TV screen and feel ridiculous but it somehow gets on my last nerve because it is constantly.
Sorry and again I am not trying to be rude or difficult but......
And many instructors do that and I can't seem to overlook it

I had to chuckle reading your post. ;) I admit I notice when Cathe says it, and she does say it alot, alot! Seems it's a pet phrase and you're right in that many instructors have their little pet expressions. I figure Cathe is so advanced in her fitness level that she personally doesn't feel it and is wondering if others are & is looking for feedback. It's probably also an ingrained habit now. It's also a reminder to me to check myself, cuz if I'm not feeling it either I need to tweak my form or grab heavier weight. Otherwise I just roll my eyes :rolleyes: and continue on ... we all have our little quirks that can be tiresome to others... :)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for your responses---at least I now know that others are feeling my pain--both physically (throughout the workout)..lol as well as mentally because she definitely does it endlessly---perhaps a little bird can whisper in her ear how frustrating it becomes and at times quite hard to overlook and continue on with a smile!!!! Thank you again-I will certainly think of you guys when I am grimacing during my next workout:) ;);):rolleyes:

and talking about going slower..........when she says something like "if this pace is too fast,
slow it down"........now, I like to be in sync with them and if they are continuing on at the
faster pace and I would slow down, it would completely throw me off and I wouldn't get
in the same reps and there's not enough time to do them, cause they're moving on......!

....---perhaps a little bird can whisper in her ear how frustrating it becomes and at times quite hard to overlook and continue on with a smile!!!!
I think that "little bird" could be Jenn A. At least she's quick to respond with an affirmative head shake when Cathe asks ... thank goodness for her head nods, otherwise Cathe might up the intensity in the LIVES. :p I love that Jenn's not afraid to show her grimaces & sometimes lightens her weights - sort of gives me permission to do the same.

Oh, and those "let's slow these down" comments are all lies - don't fall for it! o_O ;)

and talking about going slower..........when she says something like "if this pace is too fast,
slow it down"........now, I like to be in sync with them and if they are continuing on at the
faster pace and I would slow down, it would completely throw me off and I wouldn't get
in the same reps and there's not enough time to do them, cause they're moving on......!
At least sometimes she'll say something like 'we're doing 15 reps, you can do 12' - that at least gives me something to shoot for, but I can't look at the TV or I'll get messed up :rolleyes:

Yes! I totally agree. If I slow down I need to look away from the screen and not look at them because it can feel like it's throwing me off a bit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.