Hedonists, are you out there? 2/28

HipChick

Cathlete
Hi fit, fun, & fabulous ladies!

I hope you are all doing well & living the good life...

Charlotte - I wanted to get back to you about my ribs & weight loss, etc. I know I posted my story on here at one time but I can't find it so I'll try to remember it as accurately as I can. I first pulled my ribcage back in the fall sometime (October, maybe?) from coughing so much & had to stop exercising for several weeks. Then, just when that injury was starting to get better, I fell & cracked my ribs on Thanksgiving day & had to continue my time away from exercising. It was also right in the middle of the bad-eating-season too. All in all, I ended up taking over 3 months off of exercising & all the while ate terrible & drank wine (or whatever) whenever I felt the urge. I guess I just figured that if I couldn't enjoy my workouts, I might as well enjoy something. I also knew I cracked those ribs because the injury felt very different & was much more painful than the first one. Anyway, I ended up gaining over 10 pounds & losing some strength & endurance too. So after about 4 more weeks, I finally started walking on the treadmill & then after a couple more weeks, I started doing more "normal" workouts but still no Cathe. So I guess maybe I've only been back doing my intense workouts for 6 weeks, maybe? When I first started back, anything where I had to put pressure on that side of my ribs was terribly painful & yes, the ribs are still a little tender but it doesn't really hinder my workouts now. Like I said, I really can't recall the exact dates & it all seems like a bad dream now, thank goodness. I did get my eating habits back under control after the first of the year & increasing the length & intensity of my workouts has helped me to lose those 6 pounds in about 9 weeks I guess. Like I said, I still have at least 6 to go but after all I went through, I'm just glad to be where I am right now & enjoying my fun workouts again!

Anyway, I know you will be back down to your ideal weight in no time too & I'll be working at it right along with you! So hang in there & let us know how it's going. Oh, good job having just one glass of wine too... I sure can't say that for myself! LOL!

Robin - Have you cooked any exotic meals lately? I love to hear all about your newest creations & live vicariously through you since I rarely cook anything exciting & different.

I hope to hear back from you girls today & I hope we see Leslie, Debra, Christine, & Nancy back here sometime soon too! (By the way, Christine, if you happen to read this, I love the little doggie in your signature line - he looks just like your doggie!).

Well, I better go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day & I'll check back in later.

Cheers!

Kel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.