Heart Rate Monitors

exercise-lover

Cathlete
I have used a Polar FT4 for so many years I've lost count. I just love it, but it finally died. I was going to order a new one but can't find it for sale! Does anyone know if Polar discontinued this model? I'd be reluctantly willing to switch to a newer model. I only track the amount of time of a workout and the calorie burn. I also love to check where my heart rate is during the workout. I don't want a complicated one -- hate the learning curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a Polar A370. I find it very easy to use. I don't wear mine 24 hrs, only for workouts. I like to keep track of my heart rate as well. I did have a Garmin but didn't care for it. I found it more difficult to use and it was not as accurate. I find the Polar better and more accurate but if you want more accuracy then you can get one of the chest straps to go along with it. Best of luck.

Thanks, Firemedic. I'll check out the A370. I did try the Garmin also and returned it. Not at all accurate. Told me a workout I did burned 970 calories -- I wish! Good to hear I was not the only one. Does the A370 use a chest strap? A little confused about what you said about getting one. Would you please clarify? Again, thanks for the suggestion.

No it does not come with a chest strap nor does it need one to work. But some people like using the chest strap because they say it is more accurate for the heart rate. I find that this one is pretty accurate without it. I tried a chest strap years ago and did not like it. So I was glad when I bought this Polar that it doesn't require one and it works great without one. I like simplicity too and this one is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.