Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Counter

I have a Polar FT7. It never holds my heart rate for longer than a minute or two. I tried the conductor gel, changed the batteries in the watch and the strap, positioned the heart rate monitor all over my chest and nothing seems to work. I was wondering if there was an accurate wrist only device out there that was accurate.

Oh, I've soaked it in soapy water to clean it. Used it when it was damp. It worked once and then never again. It actually said I burned over 700 calories doing Maximum Intensity Cardio. I burn that many calories running a 10k. I believe it too.

I'm sorry to hear your polar doesn't work. I have the ft4 and it's always worked. I wet the strap sensors and the strap fits just under my bra strap and stays damp and in place during my workouts. I don't know of any accurate wrist-only ones.

I had difficulties with my ft4. I called their customer service, described my problems, and they sent me a new part for it free! I am VERY satisfied with them. Try calling them. It worked well for me! Good luck.

I will call customer service tomorrow. Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts. I figured it's just a fluke. I even starting wondering if it was my own body because it would hold the signal for as long as I pushed on it with my hand.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.