Healthy Hedonists 1/25

HipChick

Cathlete
Hi to all of you healthy, pleasure-seeking ladies!

I saw the thread yesterday but was unable to post. Like Leslie, I've been super busy & haven't had the time. I was also wondering the same thing as Robin... After we all stated how much better we intended to be with clean meals & less alcohol consumption, I guess we just let this lapse too. Huh!:+

Well, this week has been pretty darn squeaky... for me. But I did have a couple glasses of wine on Tuesday & another one with supper last night too. I fixed a meal I got out of Oxygen Eating Clean magazine & it was delicious. We had adobo rubbed pork tenderloin with black bean pico & oven baked brown rice with roased tomatoes. So now you know why I *had* to have that glass of cabernet!:p

This morning, I did the 41 1/2 min. Cardio Fusion premix I'm addicted to & had a ball... in more ways than one - Ha! I'm always dripping with sweat when I get finished so I feel like I've really gotten in a good, short workout! For breakfast, I had yogurt & fresh fruit. Not sure if I'll have a snack since I'm still munching on the fruit at the moment. I'm going to indulge for lunch at a favorite tex-mex place. But I'm going to get soft corn tortilla tacos with seasoned tofu & all the fresh fixins & leave off the chips so I hope that will make the meal fairly clean but still very yummy.

Robin - I guess I'm cutting back on wine but not cutting it out. Hey, I figure if it's going to bring me some extra joy in the evenings, then I'm just going to go ahead & indulge! Hope you're not getting a cold...

Christine - I love thai food! I guess it's the extra sodium that causes some water retention? Great workout you had planned yesterday. So today is yoga? Enjoy!

Leslie - Great workouts! Sound like your diet hasn't been very bad to me but if you don't feel good about it, then it's not hedonistic... right? So I hope you do better if that's what will make you feel good. I also know what you mean about the wine... once a bottle is opened in our house, it usually gets finished!

Well, we're already making plans for Friday night with friends at a fabulous Italian restaurant! So you know there will be lots of yummy food & definitely some good wine too!}(

I hope you're all having a great day & hope to hear from everyone too. Like Leslie said... Hang in there Ladies, it's almost Friday!

Take care,

Kel

Hey Kel and everyone:

I was focusing so hard on being squeaky that I didn't have anything interesting to report!! By the way - there is no question that, once a bottle is opened, we drink it all. Sometimes I'll cork a white and suck on it for a few days, but REDS HAVE TO GO IMMEDIATELY!! Too delicious...

That silly idea of an 8 day workout schedule went out the window yesterday. It's not that my body needs the rest, it's more of an intellectual boredom to do something different: to change it up. Know what I mean? So, after 4 days of kickfanny workouts, yesterday I rested and watched a movie with some wine, popcorn, a pear and sweet potatoe dip. Now my interest is back so I'll do Boot Camp this afternoon. Mix it up to keep it balanced, right??

:7

Hello all you HH's!! I just returned from my lovely hedonist vacation to South Carolina!! I had some of the best seafood...It was all wonderful...Lots of crab and she crab soup and oysters! I had my share of wine too...well, it was my birthday celebration, after all! I may not have eaten clean or exercised as much as I should have...but I lost a pound anyway!

Kel..sounds like you had a good workout today. I'm sure you had a great lunch at you tex mex place! I had some seared tuna tacos while in SC that were WONDERFUL!

Charlotte...I'm sure your body needs more of a rest than you think...But as long as your mind is recovering too that's great! Have fun with Boot Camp...It's a GREAT workout! My daughter just got a stuffed horse this weekend and named it Charlotte!

Happy Day to all who follow! I will be doing Core Syn from my P90X rotation this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Debra!!! Welcome back!

We all wished you a happy belated birthday on Monday but didn't realize you weren't back yet. I guess you must have mentioned it but we forgot. Either that or we had too much wine. LOL!

So anyway... Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip & you even lost a pound. You know, sometimes it does a body even more good to eat, drink, rest, & generally enoy life than we realize. Good luck with your workout this afternoon...

Charlotte - Good to hear from you too! I understand about needing that mental break sometimes, even more than physical. Like you said, mix it up & keep it balanced. What a great motto! Enjoy Boot Camp... I love that workout!

Later, pleasure-seekers!

Kel

Hi everyone!

Charlotte--did I ever tell you I love your name? I wanted to name my second daughter Charlotte but my goofy DH wanted her name to start with an L, to keep the family tradition going, so we named her Laura instead. I was high on morphine at the time (post c-sec) so I was like, whatever! BTW, Boot Camp is my favorite Cathe circuit workout. I haven't done it in months so it's on my schedule for next week.

Deb--glad you had a nice time in South Carolina. Were you heading to Savannah? I thought you mentioned it. My MIL lives in Savannah and we make a trip there once a year to visit. It's such a beautiful city. Charleston is it's "sister" city and they're very similiar.

Kel--I attempted Cardio Fusion on Saturday (the 42 min premix) but since I haven't done the cardio enough in Drill Max and BM2 I realized it would be a waste of time to try to continue, so I quit after 15 minutes and switched to the cardio only portion of BM2. I'm just learning this latest series, as when I first received it I was recovering from surgery and had to stay off my feet for a few weeks. I still haven't done Drill Max but that one is also on my list for next week.

Today I had oatmeal and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, an apple as a post workout snack, and potato soup and a turkey s/w on mulitgrain bread for lunch. Tacos are on the menu for tonight. I did have a glass of wine last night before bed, but otherwise I ate pretty clean yesterday. I think I'll make a pot of black bean soup later. This morning's workout was the hi-lo of MIC, not as tough as I remembered, but it still kicks butt. Tonight I'll finish Power Hour, back, biceps and legs. My triceps are fried from yesterday's section.

Have a great day!

Happy birthday Debra! You must have done alot of that alternate exercising }( to lose a pound while chowing down on shecrab soup!!

Ladies - try this: put a bag of frozen cranberries and a bag of frozen blueberries in a bowl, mix in about 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 3 Tablespoons OJ concentrate and a couple of Tablespoons of maple syrup. Mix it all up and pour it into a brownie pan. Then put about 1 1/2 cup oats and about 3/4 cup walnuts in the dirty bowl and mix in about a teaspoon of cinnamon and a few tablespoons of maple syrup. Pour it evenly over the berries. Cook at 375 for about 35 - 45 minutes until bubbling. I'm about to try it myself.

Time for Boot Camp. You all have some terrific workouts planned, so go bust some fibers! Then, a hot bath and some Tait Ball Buster! (Australian blend thick enough to cut with a knife - a real tooth stainer:7 ) Then maybe I'll just have the cobbler for dinner.:eek: :eek:

Hi ladies. Debra, happy belated. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. I love crab in any shape or form.

Leslie, Charleston is high on my list of places to visit. I suggested to my DH for our get away vacation in May, but he has his heart set on Florida.

Kel, I would never suggest giving up the wine all together. LOL. Right now I'm finishing up the bottle of Meritage we had with tonight's dinner. We had sauted beef tips with roasted onions, peppers and mushrooms on pilaf.

Charlotte, an 8 day workout schedule would kill me. I'm lucky to get a 6 day week in. In fact, I'm very close to having my second month where I got a workout done 6 days of every week.

Today I did GS B,S&B. I'm glad the rotation called for this. I don't think I could have done an hour of cardio with this pesky little cold. I'm hoping it clear up by Sat when the rotation calls for a cardio workout.

Robin:

That chianti didn't cure you?? Leslie - I am dying to go to Charleston, only I can't come up with an excuse. Ever since The Firm workouts (1986) I have wanted to go there and see it.

Wow - what a hedonistic evening to report: Boot Camp at 100%, then I made a fire in my outside fire pit and had a couple of Cape Codders (they will be my downfallx( ) then my guest showed up and we sat out by the fire with a bottle of Ball Buster on a clear, star studded cold night with no wind - fabulous! Little bleary now and ready to CRASH-OLA! See you en la manana!!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.