Healthy and Good Oatmeal Cookies

K60

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-02 AT 07:58AM (Est)[/font][p]This is the recipe from the Golden Door Spa book. Great cookies, and check out this breakdown: (per cookie) 48 calories, 1g fat, no sat fat, 2g protein, 9g carbs

2 large eggs, room temp
3 large egg whites, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar (yes, I know!)
1/4 c. light brown sugar
2 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and sugars. Beat at high speed until doubled in volume and mixture forms a ribbon when the beaters are raised. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the oats and flour.

Drop tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 1" between each one. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Immediately lift the cookes from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks.

RE: I may learn to bake!

That's an awesome recipe, and I was just thinking the other day how much I love oatmeal cookies but don't like how buttery most are!

Thanks!

Annette

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. All I'm
missing is whole wheat flour. Must get to store quickly!

:7
Teener

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-02 AT 08:04AM (Est)[/font][p]Here's another good one from the book. P.S. I had a typo on the first one, it's 3 egg whites, not 2.

Breakdown for these: 46 calories, 2 g fat, no sat fat, 1 g protein, 7 g of carbs.

Orange Sunburst Cookies

3/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 crushed bran cereal (put in a plastic bag & crush with a rolling pin)
1/8 tssp. nutmeg
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/2 tbsp. canola oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
3 tbsp. thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tbsp. grated orange zest

Preheat oven to 350. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray

In the bown of an electric mixer, combine egg, egg white, brown sugar, canola oil, yogurt, OJ concentrate and zest. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients.

Drop tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto baking sheets, leaving an inch between each one. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Immediately lift cookies from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.

P.S. I use a Silpat baking sheet mat rather than even using the cooking spray.

They would be perfect if they had more protein!
Anyone ever had a protocookie?
They oatmeal cookie tastes wonderful, and it has protein!
Wonder how they do it?

Hey K60!

Just wanted to tell you, I finally tried out your recipe tonight, and the cookies are pretty good! Except I ate three already!

This is my first try using whole wheat flour only, and no oil!

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.