Have you seen "yourself" fitness for playstation 2?

joditoad1974

Cathlete
It really looks cool...we have a demo disk. It is an interactive video exercise program.....I think it looks fun, and challenging!

joanna

RE: Have you seen

I just tried "yourself fitness" for the first time yesterday. I thought it was pretty fun, and overall I was impressed with it. It is not something I could really get into, but I would use it maybe once or twice a week. I think Maya, the animated personal trainier, is a little boring and I find her voice irritating! I have heard others say the complete opposite about her though! Like I said I have only used it once, but those are my first impressions.

RE: Have you seen

I have this "game" for my XBox - DH got it for me for Christmas. It is pretty cool, especially since it's one of the few video games where you're not sitting on your arse for 6 hours straight. :)

I enjoy the workouts overall, although, be warned, there is absolutely no choreography. You just do the same move over and over, then go to a different move over and over. If you would get really bored doing step-touches for a minute and a half, then you might not like this one. Also, I wish it would make suggestions on how heavy of weight to use for strength exercises. I really like the core exercises though - they burn good. And the fitness test is pretty nifty too - you can track improvements in your fitness over time, which is a great motivator. And the meditation garden is awesome.

There are some bugs in the software, but if you go to the Yourself Fitness website, there are workarounds for almost all of these bugs. None of them are really really bad. All software has bugs, and this one is no different. It's just more noticeable when Maya is telling you to do downward dog but she's actually doing boat pose.

Overall, great software - and a surprisingly good workout. I like the way it can use equipment you have (step, weights, stability ball, and heart-rate monitor), but you don't have to use any equipment.

If you have any questions about it, just let me know. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.