HATE, Tuesday Aug 14

purple_magada

Cathlete
Hey haters! Wow, I can't believe that I actually started this post today. Sorry I’ve been MIA since Friday, I’ve been super-busy here at work. There is NO light at the end of the tunnel. None in sight whatsoever. I’ve given up even thinking that!

So I had a really nice, quiet weekend. I dropped Gabe off at the inlaws right after work on Friday. We ordered take-out so I didn't have to cook and I cleaned until 10:00pm. Saturday woke up, did some more cleaning and then went over to my mom’s. She watched Gannon and then I went to the mall to get Gabe some school clothes. I got him some pretty cool stuff. Even undies with skulls on them. I’m all about looking cool. LOL Then I picked up Ralphie and we stayed at my mom’s til dark. Sunday I took Gannon swimming. The place that I took him to has a really nice water area for little ones. So this is where it gets weird: there I am with Gannon, minding my business when this girl comes up to me. I’d say she was in her early 30’s??? Then she says to me, You are really pretty, I love your hair and your bathing suit looks really nice”. I thought that was very odd but I said thanks and she talked to me for a few minutes and then later in the day she spoke to me again. So I tell my DH and he’s like, “Dana, don’t you know it was Gay Pride weekend at Knoebels???” I refuse to believe that some woman from Ohio with 3 children was hitting on me at the swimming pool. No way, no how!!!!! But don’t you guys think that is a bit strange for someone you don’t even know to come up and say that???? Weird.

Hey, guess what? Last night I actually did a workout. Now don’t get all excited, it wasn’t a hard Cathe workout. It was a 30-minute step workout from Charlene Prickett followed by abs from Pure Strength and then a one-mile walk with the dog. It did feel really good to exercise though. Tonight I’m going to do 30-min interval workout on the elliptical. My DH ordered 300 (yes that is three-hundred) ears of corn from the Amish and he thinks that they will be ready today. So we may be doing corn tonight. I absolutely HATE doing corn. It is messy and takes so long to do. But . . . it tastes so good. And we got a vacuum-sealer thingy (I think it is called a Food Saver) so now we can freeze the whole ear. I’ll be serving corn on the cob for Thanksgiving. HA!

So what are you all up to?

Shelley – have you heard that HORRIBLE new song by Will I Am (the guy from the Black Eyed Peas)? I heard it on the radio on Sunday and I can’t believe how stupid it is!!!! I can’t remember the exact words but something like, If a Girl is Ugly, Then 9 times out of 10 she is Ugly just like her mama – or If a Girl is Hot, Then 9 times out of 10 she is Hot just like her mama. Some of this music today makes me wanna puke. I sound like an old person don’t I?

Robin – glad you had a great time on the RT. I was in your area on Sunday night. Gabe was camping at the town campground and I had to go and pick him up. I also agree that you look great in the pictures. You’ve got a contagious smile! J

Michele – glad to hear that your visit with your nephew was fun!

August – hiya!!!!! Have you done anything fun with your guests??? How are the squirrels?

Diane – glad your BP is down. So how many days til baby arrives? I’m so excited for you and your DH.

Jen – sounds like your day yesterday was nice. I’ve got lots of vacation days too. So what is the verdict of your trip next week?

Jana – Hey you!

Becky – Hey you too!!!

Jennifer – glad to hear your niece walked and that your porch is done. Is the procedure that your dad is having a complicated one?

Arista - where are you at????

OK, I hope I didn’t miss anyone. I better get back to work. Have a great day all!

WTH is Mariah? She hasn't been around in AGES.

Hey youse!

Dana, I TOTALLY get why someone would come up to you and comment on your beauty;) . I hate you for it:p :7 . I'm ROTFLMAO at your DH's idea that it's because she was trying to hit on you.

Yes, I really did have fun with my nephew and I truly enjoyed his company.

I promise no more talk about guns, kay? I sense some of you are distressed about it, but bear in mind that guns aren't bad -- people are. It's a wonderful sport and the closest my DH ever came to shooting a creature was of the CLAY variety at the sportsman's club ;). Oh, I'm thinking about taking it up myself -- it's in the blood of every woman in Ohio. Did you know that Annie Oakley was born and raised here?

Diane, I'm glad your appointment went well and so relieved that your BP is back to normal. Please be careful -- the money is nice but you're already so much farther ahead than most people your age, and you're very close to your due date so quitting early won't make that much of a difference financially.

Shelley, I'm up for the eating clean thing. I was pretty well behaved yesterday until DH came home from work with a gift bag FULL of those little Lindt chocolate balls:eek:}:)9.

Jen, I have no suggestions for shoes. I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit well -- I seem to be between sizes. I don't like the high tops either -- they really bother my ankles. Let me know what you find.

Are you planning to take any more time off this year? I strongly encourage to use it up! You need some fun and relaxation, young lady.

Augie, how're things? Are you enjoying your company? Are the squirrels having fun?

Jennifer - your dad is in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it goes.

My DH could use some prayers and vibes -- whatever you got. He had a horrible night last night. He's under a great deal of stress right now and he's so wound up he couldn't sleep. He left for Washington DC this morning -- he has to make a presentation at a government institution regarding his research. A lot could be riding on it. TIA :*

Hello to everyone else. I'm signing off for a bit -- I want to get my workout done and behind me. I'll BBL to see what y'all're up to.:D :*

Michele we must stink today b/c it is just us 2 around. Well fooey on them!!!!! HA!!!!

So what workout did you just do?

It is absolutely beautiful outside. I had to run to the store for freezer bags so I didn't get to take a walk. Wish I could've though. Not one bit humid.

How old is your nephew that you got the gun for? I kinda have mixed feelings about that (I'm referring to my boys though). I am a very paronoid person so I'm always thinking what if this or what if that happens. My DH is an avid hunter and he thinks he'll be taking Gabe when he gets old enough and I'm already a nervous wreck and he has 6 years til he can legally hunt in Pa.

I've been trying to eat a bit better also. Yesterday I did good until the darn meeting I went to had mini bags of Ruffles chips. I did have a diet soda with the chipsso that cancels out all calories (if you didn't know that :p ). So far today I had WW yogurt w/granola and a salad for lunch. Not sure what we're having tonight. Either burgers on the grill and corn; or, if the corn isn't ready, spaghetti.

Well, my lunch is up so I better scat.

Hi haters. Sorry to not be around much. I can't believe how time is zooming by. DH and DD start school next Monday. Emily meets a potential babysitter this afternoon. Cross your fingers. Greyor will only have to be with a sitter until 12:30 each day because of DH or DD's class schedule.

Dana, that is a roit about being hit on at Knoebles. I love the pool there. It's been forever since we've been swiming there. Tristan's group of residents went there about a month ago and had a wonderful time. I don't do corn anymore. Yuk. I don't do green beans or tomatos anymore either. Who has the time? My house hasn't been dusted in 3 or 4 weeks and the lawn hasn't been mowed since early June.

Michele, prayers are being said for your DH as I type. LOL about the Lindt candy. I still haven't had any REAL chocolate. There was a small piece of chocolate cake at the RT, but cake doesn't really count as chocolate, does it? We all got a small box of M&M's customized with "Cathe" on them, but I'd never eat them. I've been eating pretty well. I was too excited to overeat at the RT and haven't had time to snack before or after the weekend.

Diane, I'm glad to hear your BP is better. Take good care of yourself and the baby.

Hi to everyone else. I'm so out of touch, I don't know what's going on.

I hope to do Tracy's Sweatfest Step this afternoon. I met her at the RT and loved talking to her. I'm going to pre-order her new step workout soon. And I have to say how pleased I was to be able to keep up with all the workouts over the weekend. They were easier than the DVD's for the most part, the Big Ass Fans kept us cooler than at home and the adrenaline was pumping for sure. I would love for all of you to get a chance to do a RT sometime.

Hi Robin!!! You should take Greyor to Knoebel's pool next summer - I'm sure he'll love it.

Michele - I forgot to tell you that your DH is in my prayers.

OK, I really am logging off this time.

Dana - my DN is 14. He's had formal training with firearms and bow and arrow. Most everyone on my DH's side of the family is skilled with firearms, including my MIL. My nephew's dad (DH's brother) has a secure gun safe where all the weapons are stored and DN is not allowed to shoot without adult supervision. My DH has been taking him out for a few years now -- it's an activity they enjoy doing together and I think the pistol was really special to my nephew.

Oh yeah, it's much cooler and less humid here today. It's about time! The life was sucked right out of me the past few weeks with that awful heat and humidity ;(

Enjoy your lunch. I'll need vibes to behave. With DH gone I'll probably take myself out to dinner -- I just don't feel like cooking for myself.

Robin -- thanks for the prayers for DH. He works so hard -- it just never ends. Lots of exciting things are happening right now so there's no end in sight, and I don't foresee a lightening of his load anytime soon;(

I loved the video clip Tess posted of the step class. It was so cool listening to Cathe live and hearing the stomping of your feet in unison -- lol! I really hope I can go one day. So, what famous person commented on your fame? You are famous, you know, you goof ball, you ;) :7

I'm still plugging away at that book. It is getting better now that I'm WELL into it -- lol! Actually, I'm only about a 1/4th of the way through it, but now that it's getting more interesting I might be able to sail through the rest.

Tracey strikes me as being a class act! I've been impressed with her comments about Cathe and Cathe fans. She has a following of her own, yet she seems humble and a huge fan of Cathe herself. I bought one of her workouts but I haven't tried it yet -- I didn't realize it required a BOSU ball and I'll have to see how I can modify it.

Okey dokey, it's lunch time. I'm going to eat and then I'm going to try the CC PUMP workout again. It'll be my first weight workout since I hurt my elbow, which hasn't healed completely x( . I'm going to go light and see how I do. I NEED to get back to weights.

ETA that I'm praying Emily can find a good and competent sitter for Greyor. Is Emily taking a full course load this year?

Michele, Tracy was the famous person who called little old me famous. She wanted a picture of her taken with me. I was sooooo flattered. She is very nice and when I compared her to Cathe, she just about fainted at the comment. Emily will be taking almost a full load this semester. I think she will have to go 3 more semesters in all to complete her associate degree if all goes according to plan.

Hello Haters.

No news on my Dad as of yet, the tests start on Wed.. and results are on Thurs or Fri.. My job is the same ole same ole thing. Catching up on the house.

Too tired to go further.

Hope you all have a Great Night!

Late check in for me, started reading some threads on the OD and then got caught up in my e-mail. I did Tone It Up from beachbody tonight, good workout but I always go heavier on the weights than Debbie. She uses 3 lbs. for this workout (normally she uses 5 or 8) but this one does incorporate my cardio/lunge type movements w/ the weights. Anyway, I use 8lbs. for most of it and 5 for a few moves, nice & sweaty when I up the weights for all of it!

Anyway, need to go over my notes for the presentation tomorrow but I don't want to so I probably won't! I'm not concerned about it really, talking in front of people doesn't bother me much.

Dana- Yep, unless something changes tomorrow I am heading to Des Moines next week. But I did find out that we'll probably leave Tuesday late morning/early afternoon and be back around 10 Wednesday night, possibly earlier if we don't stop at the outlet mall but with Sonia & I we will!! ;-) She isn't thrilled about going either. That is very strange about the lady at the pool... very odd indeed. :)

Robin- Wanted to say congrats on the news about Greyor, saw your post on the OD but figured you might see this more than over there. That is awesome, he is so lucky to have a grandma like you!

Okay, sorry so short but I still need to respond to a few work e-mails then try to get to bed in the next hour or so, that way I can get up a few minutes earlier to run through my notes once. I have meetings ALL day tomorrow with the last one going till 5 so I'm sure I'll be out of there closer to six so I may only do 30 or 45 minute w/o tomorrow night but since I did 3 days of double workouts Sat-Mon I think I'll survive.

BBtomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.