HATE ~ Nov 12

purple_magada

Cathlete
Hey ladies. Where the heck is everyone? I can't believe that I have beat you all here. Did HATE die??? Sorry I have been MIA lately but between work and home I am ready for the nuthouse. Let me say hello to everyone before I get going on my week.

Jennifer – sounds like you and this guy should plan to meet. Did he just call you out of the blue? He sounds like a good guy.

Michele – Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad you and DH got to spend time together! What’s new with you?

Jen – that sounds like a very rewarding day! Are the animals there while you are selling things? I’d be afraid that I’d bring one or two home with me. You always have so much going on. No wonder you’re tired!!! Did you and Chad have time to get together?

Hi August, Robin, Shelley, Diane and anyone else I may have missed.

Here is a breakdown of my week (last week).

Monday - Ralphie decided he was going to take on a herd of cattle. OK, a 50-lb dog verses a ton cow, not a pretty picture. I saw first hand, “Mad Cow” and I’m not referring to the disease. Long story short, DH and Ralpie were nearly trampled by a very angry cow.

Tuesday - Gabe was diagnosed with ADHD. Without really getting into it too much – I’m anti med and I’m sick of trying to justify myself to others. I’m reading a really good book called ADHD Alternatives in the Classroom – the author of the books provides so much information regarding holistic approaches rather then meds.

Wednesday – as I’m driving, the gearshift literally falls apart. I cannot turn my car off, put my car in park or anything. Somehow the screws came out – on both sides!!! So I piece it back together and drive to work holding on to it. Thank God my boss had a screwdriver in her office so I could fix it.

Thursday – find out that my dad decides to stop for a few drinks BEFORE going to his doctor’s appointment. My brother gets a call from the Police Dept to come and pick him up. He gets cited for public drunkenness.

Friday – take my boys to see a movie in the cafeteria of the school. I’d say there was about 100 people there. The lights are out, the movie is playing – the movie shuts off. Oh, who do you think pulled the plug???? Gabe tripped over it b/c him and his friend were rough housing. I didn’t even have to think – I knew.

Saturday – I think Saturday was ok. At this point, everything just blends together. My brain is mush. Oh no, I remember. My FIL came over on Sat morning to tell me that his car was stolen. My FIL, MIL and another couple went to see a comedy show in So when they left the show their car was gone!!!! It is the crappiest car too – a late 80’s early 90’s 4-door, square box, Old Lady car. If I was a car thief, I certainly wouldn’t have chosen that car to steal. So 10:00pm on Saturday night my FIL calls DH. They found his car in a bad section of the city. Just parked along the street, like someone drove it and parked it there and got out. So DH had to get dressed to drive my FIL to pick up the car.

Sunday – Ralphie chewed up the cord to the vacuum cleaner. The wires were showing but I thought, hey I can probably still use it right? Wrong!!! I plugged it in, sparks flew, it was like the 4th of July coming out of my wall!!!! I was so mad I was getting ready to take the vacuum (which is like 3 months old) out to the trash. DH clipped the wires and fixed it for me. Then later in the day, I’m doing laundry. I walked out to my laundry area to a puddle of water. I don’t know what the heck is wrong with it. I had to clean up a huge mess. I think that is the end of my crazy week.

But now today is Monday and I already left the house this morning fighting with DH. He refused to put a floor or walls in my workout room. I am already really mad b/c I haven’t worked out in ages b/c I have nowhere now that he is working down the basement. He told me it is finished. There is no drywall up. His walls are up in the other parts so it looks like I have walls but they are unfinished. The floor is concrete and there is NO LIGHT in there. He tells me that I’m selfish and that all I think about is myself. Hello . . . . walls=selfish??????? I don’t think so.

OK – sorry to go on and on and be so self absorbed!!!! I’ll check back later

Dana- (((( HUGS )))) I am so sorry that you had such a horrible week! I can't believe everything! I will e-mail you... :(

Yes I was able to have a great evening with Chad-with as busy as we've both been we hadn't been able to get together much last week. He also has crunched a week's worth of appointments into 3 days so this week will be crazy for him as well but we are going to make a point to get together before he leaves on Thurs.

Hello everyone else!!!

Dana!!!!{{{{Huge Hugs}}}} I was laughing/crying as I read your post. You really need to write a sitcom. Or would it be a drama? And of course your DH needs to do walls, flooring and lights. Otherwise, you'll injure yourself and he will have to deal with the craziness that is your life by himself.

Hi to Michele, Jen, and Jennifer. August? I'm at work don't have much time. I'll try to get back later.

G'mornin' Haters!!

Today marks the beginning of WEEK SEVEN of my nonstop workout extravaganza :eek: :D . I'm following the 4DS rotation and today calls for High Intensity Step/chest and back. Of course, I'll be subbing with my own cardio but I haven't decided which one. I haven't done an elliptical workout in awhile so maybe it's time to reconnect with Coach Sean.

I had a lovely weekend. It really couldn't have been any better. We mostly relaxed -- we spent Friday hiking through a nature preserve, and Saturday we relaxed during the day then went out to dinner in the evening, and Sunday we watched a movie at home and then took dinner to my IL's.

DH surprised me with a bouquet of roses on our anniversary. It was funny -- I was in the shower and didn't even know he was home (he had a massage appointment and was still out when I got in the shower). When I pulled back the shower curtain the roses were sitting on the counter. I didn't even hear him come into the bathroom! Of course, the temptation to nibble the blooms got to be too much for kitty, and he puked up a big green stem on my cream colored carpet x(

{{{{{{{{{{DANA}}}}}}}}}} - My goodness, you need to go back to that lodge for a getaway do over!! Holy I don't know what!!! Your life is anything but dull, that's for sure.

I'm so sorry about Gabe. Who diagnosed him? Was it your general pediatrician or a behaviorist? DH thinks ADHD is best handled by pediatric behaviorists, which makes sense since ADHD is a behavioral problem. I don't know very much about this stuff, but DH says it's a really tough thing for parents to cope with and it requires a great deal of patience. You can count on my prayers and I've always got an ear whenever you need to vent. {{{{{DANA}}}}}

You tell that DH of yours to finish your workout room or I'm coming over there and kick his butt!! x( Do you have puzzle mats? Those would be good on your basement floor.

Jen - I'm glad you'll get to see Chad before he leaves. I'll bet he'll call you everyday while he's gone. He just seems so attentive!

I need to skedaddle here. I have a lot on my agenda for this week. and so far today I've done nothing but sit in front of my computer. I cannot afford a butt glue problem today. I'll BBL to see if anyone else is around :)

ETA Hello Robin!!! I agree, Dana could definitely write a sitcom -- or at least be a consultant on one -- lol! Dana, you really do have a way of telling a story that is cute, sad, and funny all at the same time.;) :7

Michele - your DH is so sweet. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend.

Gabe went to the "Disruptive Behavior Clinic" for his evaluation; that is part of pediatric psychiatry. We are going to start going to Family Group (just Gabe & I) where the parents go to one group and the kids to another. We are on the wait list for the January Group. I told the doc that he has been like this since birth - so I don't know him any other way. Nor do I want to. His problems (for the most part) are at school. Since I've been working for spec ed for 7+ years I've have a rapport with several of our elem learning support teachers so I've asked them for some advice which hopefully will help.

OK, it is lunch and I'm going to take a walk.

Hi ladies -

Dana, wow that is a crazy week. I guess that means this week has to be better. I'm sorry about Gabe's diagnosis, but at least you have a plan of action now.

Michele - I can't believe 7 weeks of nonstop workouts, that is amazing. You must be pretty strong by now. Have you noticed an improvement in your strength and cardio?

Well today I did a 20 min stroller walk and then some situps, pushups, tricep dips and pilates leg lifts on the floor next to DD while trying to get her to take a nap. I know that sounds silly, but I think I finally figured out the workout dilemma I have been having. After my walks (of which DD usually only tolerates about 20 minutes) she is ready for a nap. So I spend a while trying to get her to go to sleep and by the time I am done I am all cooled down and don't feel like working out anymore and just want to take a shower. So today I put DD down in the crib with her paci and then did exercises on the floor next to her crib. Usually I either stay in the room or having to keep coming in and out every minute reinsert the paci or calm her down. Now I just get up off the floor for a second and go right back down. It takes her about 20 mins to fall asleep independently like this (without rocking) so I got some good exercise time today!

I have lost a total of 7.2 lbs using Weight Watchers the past few weeks. I haven't been strict with it at certain times (when we were all sick I ate all fast food for a few days and I ate worse when my mom was in town helping out). I only have about 6-7 lbs left to get to my goal weight! I know the last few pounds are the hardest, but I think I should get at my goal in a month or so. However, everything is still mushy and I have no muscle tone at all, so I will probably not lose as much or gain some weeks once I really start weight training.

I still haven't gotten the okay to work out yet. My 6 week postpartum appointment was switched to this Thursday b/c my doctor had a family emergency, but I am sure I will be cleared to workout at that time because I am feeling great. So I have started some easy toning exercises but I am waiting on weight lifting until I get the okay.

Sorry for the novel. Ella is just finally asleep so I have some free time. I hope to be on here more often now and catch up with everyone.

Hello Haters.

Thank GOD, Monday is over. It wasn't a bad day just a few things came up at work.

Dana-Hope you have a better week. That's cool that you figured out now to fix your car.

Michele-Great to hear about your weekend.

Diane-You will lose alot with your child. My sister has dropped all of her baby weight and then some. Morgan is just over one years old and she keeps Cindy busy.

Yes, Steve just called out of the blue. A co-worker of his came into my office about one year ago and we started communicating then stopped. He found my number and called.

Time to workout, my goal is 6 days this week. My Boss is on vacation next week, so realistically, not sure what'll happen then.

Hi, I'm back in town and here just to say a quick hi because I'm out the door. x(

And there's so much to respond to! DANA!!! :* :* :*

This week is really scary busy (maybe not as bad as Dana LOL) but I'll try to drop by again if I can later on in the week.

:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.