HATE - Mar 8

Hmmm 4:30pm. Too late to post, most of you are back east and probably getting ready to go to bed, so I'll just use this as a good way to vent.

Didn't work out today and feel like a big, fat slug. Took the girls to the pool this morning, came home ravenous and ate, ate, ate. (Why does being in the water make me hungry - it's not like I was swimming laps, just playing around.) Then I just crashed. Think the last couple of days are catching up with me...

Had a nasty email from one of the fellows that live in the basement of the house we are renting. (I soooo miss owning my house!!!!) He was complaining about the noise level, basically calling my kids antelopes and me and my husband inconsiderate for disturbing his sleep. (This guy is supposed to be our friend.) He is a painter that makes his own schedule and works basically when he feels like it. We are a family with two children under 5. My kids are up around 7 - 7:30 and act like, well, little kids. They are not over the top, just running around and laughing (they have been pretty happy to see daddy after 3 weeks.)

The thing that really pisses me off is that neither of the fellows down stairs need to live there - the suite doesn't even have a kitchen! Both of them have other, bigger, places they can live that do not have children. They only pay $300 a month and no utilities (we pay $1200 and the utilities for the whole house!) They use the washer and drier and PLENTY of hot water.

The list of complaints against me included:
-waking up to a herd of antelope running over their bedroom
-thumping, bumping, drawer opening and closing in the morning
-toilet flushing in the middle of the night
-thumping in the middle of the night (hmmm, guilty of that the last couple of nights:))

This is not the first time they have complained - they did not like my early morning step routines either. We hashed it out and I thought we had put it behind us. Arrrrggg!!! Anyway, I think it was just done to get a reaction (this has happened before), so I reacted in an email and sent the email to my Mom so that he didn't get the satisfaction of getting me mad. I'd trade this guy for a cockroach.

I'll stop now, I feel better, sorry about that. I am hoping most folks (except you lurkers :)) will miss this big whiny rant.

I hope everyone else has a great day tomorrow. I am off for 2 days ALONE with my sweet husband!!! This hasn't happened in about 5 years!!!! Can you tell that I am excited?

We are going to Cranbrook for shopping and gambling and whatever else we find to do. (Someone asked where I lived, but I forgot who, I live in Nelson, BC.)

Sorry about the self-centered, unfocused rambling. I promise to be better next time.

Corrie

ps - I am waiting for Diane to post the ultra sound images - I looked at her online album and my goodness that baby has won the lottery in the good looks gene pool!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle

Hey Corrie- It was me that asked where you live! You can vent here anytime! That is so stupid, hello- the toilet flushing in the middle of the night? Like you can control when you have to go! Did you respond the e-mail this time? Swimming always makes me hungry too, even like you said if you are just in the water not swimming laps. Not sure what it is about the water but I know what you mean. And hey, don't worry about missing a few workouts-you've been getting those done in the bedroom! }( Enjoy your DH being home & enjoy your days together away & you can get back to the workouts when he isn't around & you are looking for things to distract you.

Have a wonderful evening, i'm sure I'll pop back in here before heading to bed if you reply. :)

Here is the nutrition content on those bars:

197 calories; 21 g protein; 7.2 g fat (8% fat), 13.7 g carbs; 1.6 g fiber

Have a good night, everyone! "See" you in the morning.

Terri

Hi Jen,

Thanks for making me feel better! I hope DH and I can get away - he started feeling sick this afternoon and is now sitting on the couch with a fever and nausea...guess, I'll be getting back to the workouts sooner than I thought :(

Talk to you tomorrow.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=8313401

Good evening/morning girls...

Its 11 p.m., so this is going to be short.

I just wanted to say that I hope you all have a terrific Friday and weekend!

Cora - I used to live right on the BC Grand Forks border in washington State, about 1.5-2 hours from Nelson. Ryan and I LOVE visiting Nelson. A very cool town! I've never been to Cranbrook, but it sounds like fun. I hope you get to go.

No workout today, but there's always tomorrow.

Good night!

PS - I'm glad your doctor's appointment went well (even though it was weird!) Post pics of baby soon please!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.