Has anyone tried Turbo Fire?

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

I will be done with the insanity 60 day rotation on Sunday for the 3 time. I'm looking for another rotation similar to that concept of 30 or 60 day rotation? Has anybody tried the Turbo Fire...and did you get good results? If you know of any other rotations that are similar to Insanity...does Cathe have one? Thanks!

Lourdes

I love Turbo Fire. The workouts are so much fun and the music is great. I like Chalene Johnson. I havent done a rotation of Turbo Fire yet but I plan to in the future.

I did Turbo Fire after P90X and Insanity and I LOVED it! Unlike Insanity, there was no dread factor for me. The workouts are tough, but the music is great and I liked Chalene's style. I will say that I have no rhythm and it took me awhile to get the moves down. I did the "New to Class" option several times, which broke the movements down slowly. Very helpful. This was the first rotation where I carefully watched my diet and I got fantastic results. I lost about 12 pounds and my core was much stronger. Since then I discovered Cathe, and I use only her DVDs for strength training, but I often go back to Turbo Fire for cardio.

Turbofire is soooo much fun. I've never done the entire rotation though. I know I would get bored doing the same workouts for that long so I just fit them in with other workouts I do. When I'm looking to schedule kickbox or HIIT workouts, Turbofire is among my choices. I always look forward to doing Turbofire. No dread factor at all.

I broke down and bought TurboFire last year because I needed a change up and haven't regretted it. I have just about every Cathe workout, and work in TurboFire when I need a change on the aerobic days. I have flash-backs everytime I hear the 'woot-woot' but those are kept to a minimum :)

Turbo Fire

Hi,
I've considered purchasing Turbo Fire as well, but I read that many people had problems with the DVD quality. People complained that the DVDs not playing well after some use and could not get replacement.
Anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Justina

Hi,
I've considered purchasing Turbo Fire as well, but I read that many people had problems with the DVD quality. People complained that the DVDs not playing well after some use and could not get replacement.
Anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Justina

Hmmm, that often happens w/ the bootlegs people buy off ebay & Craigslist at prices too good to be true. Those usually stop working w/in a month. Besides, TF comes w/ a full 90 day warranty if you buy it from BB or a Coach. BB won't replace fake sets for obvious reasons.

I haven't had a single customer (I'm a BB Coach) complain about that problem w/ TF.

I have had TF since it came out, so over a year or so.?? Anyway, I love it, do it over and over, never have any trouble with any of the dvd's.

Like some said, its great like insanity but does not have the dread factor.
I think you'll like it and it gets harder the move you learn the moves.
;)

I have had Turbo Fire for over a year now, and I love them! I agree with the others who said there is no dread factor. I have never done a rotation, I just work them in with all of my other workouts.

I agree with the consensus - Turbo Fire is a good program. I have most of Cathe's DVDs (the Shock Cardio Series and Low Impact Series would be good alternatives to Turbo Fire IMO) and Slim in 6, P90X, Turbo Jam, and others.

On the pro-side: very driving music and energy; Chalene does not irritate me even after repeated viewings; and tons of variety. I especially appreciate that I have lots of choices in terms of workout length, to match to my available time/energy. And I really like the timer/tracker marking progress through the workout.

On the negative side - the resistance workouts in TF don't really do it for me. I don't find those particular exercises with the "handle bands" all that effective or comfortable. When I do TF rotation weeks I always sub Cathe workouts in on those days. I also don't feel adequately stretched at the end, but then again I am 45. :) I prefer Cathe's stretch/cool-down segments or a short yoga tape. Finally, I find that doing TF on carpet is very hard on my knees, regardless of Chalene's form pointers. I modify rather a lot to avoid the strain from all that pivoting. But if you are old hat at doing exercise videos, and use the low impact modifier as a guide, it isn't hard to modify in real time.

HTH.

I purchased turbo fire last year. I did it for 30 days, followed the eating guidelines, quit soda/sugar and did not lose any weight or inches (I weighed about 200 so had weight to lose). After 30 days and no results I lost motivation.

It is fun and I didn't dread the workouts, loved that there was a calendar, helped with motivation I think. I had never really done any type of cardio videos before so I'm not sure if it was turbo fire or just the type of exercise but after a few weeks the balls of my feet started hurting real bad and I could never figure out what to do: shoes, no shoes, I'd be taking them off and putting them back on all throughout the workout and it got to be such a pain.

Maybe just the nature of cardio but I never really felt I got a workout, I have a hr monitor and was working hard, sweat a lot but never had any doms. In comparison, I felt I got a MUCH better workout with Afterburn. I am thinking about trying to add one or two of the tf workouts into my rotation but I did not feel on their own they were worth the price (I got mine second hand, would've returned had I purchased from BB). I do think the core workout was good but I had a hard time with the resistance dvd as I find the band awkward.

I loved turbo jam, but discovered I love Turbo Fire even more. I did 3 weeks of it and had great results with inch loss especially in the waist and hips and a little in the thighs (that's the last place I lose anyhow and I still need to lose more weight first).

Anyhow, you need to learn the basic moves which I believe Turbo Jam really helped me do. I am not sure I would have picked up TF as fast. Keep focusing on using your abs to initiate and do the moves. Lunge deeper on the twists. Try to improve your form every w/o and I swear that will make all of the difference. The interval blasts you also need to go all out which you can do cuz they are only 60 seconds so, Like Cathe likes to say, "You can do anything for a minute!"

You would like TF if you like kickboxing although TF is a lil more dancy, but it's fun. I thought Chalene would be enjoying for me, but she is fun and motivating! Give it a try. you can always sell it on eBay if it doesn't work out and trust me, they go for a good price on there as sometimes I follow the price. I actually want to buy the advanced dvds she has in the future for longer workouts. The workouts just seem to fly by for me.

So that's my 2 cents worth. Hope that helps!

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.