Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Weds. May 28th

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning all!

I am in Atlanta at a very nice hotel. They have a very small fitness center - so I am going to do the elliptical this morning for 45 minutes. Hope you all have a great day! I forgot my HR monitor so I may or may not be back to post the details.

I'm home. I go back to work tomorrow. This morning I didn't feel like starting my Warp Speed Fat Loss, as I need to get back into working out after my break. I did Jackie Warner's One on One Training and added a few minutes of Mindy's new Gliding workout. Actually, sort of cooled down and watched it cuz the segment I chose was all plyometrics and I wanted Gliding (should have previewed). Workout was 1 hour 20" and I burned 566 calories.

We did a TON of walking on our trip and my plantar fasciitis is flaring really badly. We stayed further away from the places we like to eat, thus walking was doubled this trip. That's not necessarily a bad thing ........cuz Lord knows I need to walk as much as eat on vacation!

I have a doctor appt later today and tomorrow it's back to work.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll need to catch up on things.

OK I did 38 minutes 3.5 miles kept the HR in the 140s - the machine says 386 calories - probrably a high estimate.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

OFF OF WORK TODAY!!!!!!!! Gonna work abs/biceps/triceps today.

Welcome back, Lora.

Debbie,

If you don't mind sending me the rotation too? When I get back from my vacation I will start on it. Guess I will take a rest week (although we will be biking some) while away.

how do you like jackie warners workout? is it tough? I saw it at kmart the other day and almost bought it but didnt. it wasnt very long and I figured it was like most workouts, same old exercises.

Good morning,

I got some good rest last night, feeling like myself today:D When my alarm clock went off this morning, decided NOPE, it ain’t happening, I was resting too good, so I did a jack knife, double roll flip back into my bed and got a couple more winks:+ ;) ;) It was needed.

Tonight, I’m doing PUB + abs and 30 minutes on treadmill /10 minutes intervals, for kick A$$ workout Feeling Good!:7

Lora: Welcome home glad you had a nice time.

Toasty: A day off work, nice! I tell you if I could STOP work/RETIRE I would. I hate working every freaking day.....day in day out, its' crazy.

Ally: You are soooooo dedicated. Awesome!

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did 4DS LIS, and don't let the word "LOW" fool you, this for me was a tough step workout. Loved it though, I was pouring sweat. I will do Shoulders tongight.

This morning for breakfast I had Eggs, and Oatmeal, and water.
For lunch it'll probably be a lean cusine meal, then another chicken tossed garden salad tonight.

Welcome back Lora - I want to ask you about your MIO, I want a heart rate monitor that I don't have to have a strap with. I looked them up online last night and Dick's have them but don't know if they have them in the store. How do you like yours? Any problems with readings? I had a Polar once and didn't like it at all, I don't like the chest straps either. So, I want to check these out.

Ally - Enjoy your day, good for you for getting in your w/o. I almost didn't think I was gonna be able to do mine, because my remote died on me so the dvd player I was using doesn't have the options of playing the dvd without the remote. Anywho, I didn't give up even though I was not happy at this point, I went in the LR and worked out in there! HA!

Toasty - Enjoy your day off!!! I'm sure you're happy about that. Are you looking forward to Savannah? I bet you are!

Hi to everyone that follows!

I finished my workout. Getting ready to take the grandchildren to the library in a bit. Today cardio was Sharon Twombly's CIA Athletic Step Jam w/up and cardio repeating the jam challenge workout time was 1hr 24 minutes. I burned 602 calories 50% fat. HR was max 84% average 73%. Then I did Amy's Bento's All Pump Extreme Back, Biceps,and Triceps adding 3 sets of 12 reps Bowflex lat pulldown's at 180# and repeating the 3 sets of incline hammer curls, and the triceps overhead pulls with silver tubing. I finished off with the 10 minute yoga segment from Tracey Staehles Parts dvd. Strength and stretch was 59 minutes 265 calories burned and 60% fat.
Total calories burned was 867.

Lora, good to have you back:)

Ally good for you getting those workouts in.

Charlotte, enjoy your day off.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Afternoon Maniacs,

Back from taking family to dentist, myself included, then out to mow the lawn. Just wanted to stop in and post this morning's workout. It's day 3 of WS strength and circuits. Those circuits are killer - if you want 10 minutes to last forever you have to do one of these! LOL!
Also keep forgetting to tell you my quads are still so sore from Monday, it hurts to walk and to pee! So doing all this and yesterday's intervals was tough!

Strength w/ 60 sec rest
Incline DB Press
8/8/8 - 37's
One Arm Row
8/8/8 - 45#
***attempted 40's on the press, but wasn't happening, felt like I had no control, so much easier w/ a barbell

Circuit C- 10 minutes
Romanian Deadlift - 95# w/
Swiss Ball Crunch
Did alternating sets of 12 completed 6 1/2 rounds

Circuit D- 10 mintues
Step Ups - 20# w/
DB Swing - 26#
Did alternating sets of 12, completed 5 sets
***Swings were interesting never done them before, 26# felt pretty easy but didn't want to injury myself first time, seems pretty easy to do on that move.

Interval B
w/u 3 min, 3 rounds 120 sec max intensity, 120 easy recovery, c/d 3 min. Used Imax 3 intervals 1,2 & 4 adding power 15's & power turns to reach 2 minutes, then just did basic step, v step, turn steps etc. in between for the recovery.

Again I wanted to puke during the second circuit!

Lora - Welcome Back!

Linda do you do the dead lifts with 95 lb barbell? Did you use your versa grips? Great work out girl. I am supposed to do that one tomorrow. The gym here has dumbbells so we will see. If it is more than one person in there it will be too cramped and I may have to use my tubing and do it here in the room.

Take care all.

Oh - by the way, the miles go much easier on the elliptical machine versus the treadmill.

Lora - welcome back. Did you win any money?

Laura - Jackie's workout was a lot like Jillian's 30-Day Shred. I'm not sure if I'll be sore or not tomorrow. You don't do reps, but you do an exercise for 1 minute. I've noticed a lot of workouts that do this lately. It has 20 min upper body, 20 min lower body and 20 min abs. I would have rather had longer upper and lower and shorter abs....but oh well. I think it was pretty good. Basic weights with a few innovative things thrown in. I think it's pretty tough. She always shows the most advanced variation to follow or the easiest....so it's as hard as you make it.

Linda & Ally - You guys are scaring me! I'm a bit hesitant to jump right back into Warp Speed. Not sure if I'm ready for those circuits. I need consoling!! Nope........didn't win any money. Sometimes I wonder why we go there anymore!! It seems they really tightened the machines up lately.

Sandy - I love my Mio. I have the Mio Drive and it's far superior to my last model. I don't have any problems with readings....except for an occasional half read or double read (which is perfectly normal). I hate wearing a chest strap and I've gotten so used to pausing for a moment to take my HR....that I'm okay with it. At first, you might be a little irritated by having to pause to take it on the finger pads....but the more experience you have, the easier it gets. You just need to make sure you take your HR during the warm up, cool down, and peaks and lows of the workout to get the most accurate read. My Mio has my resting heart rate set, weight, and gender. It gives a total calorie burn total and there is an alarm that signals every time I burn a total of 3500 calories......thus the "Drive". The goal is to burn 3500 calories a week. Next time, I'd love to purchase the Mio Ultimate which has the finger pads to take your HR or the option of wearing the chest strap. It was too expensive when I bought my last monitor. Here's the website I buy from www.gophysical.com. They have good customer service.

Ally - Yes and Yes. Yes I used a 95# barbell for the deads and I did use my versagripps. If not my grip gives out especially at that weight and that many grips. What week are you on for WS? I thought you were a week ahead of me? Does it repeat in the second week?

Lora - Be afraid, be very afraid! No just kidding! If you want to do WS jump on in, I started it right after my week of rest. Actually might be the perfect time to start, since your rested and refreshed you can put more energy into it. yes, the circuits are tough, but just do what you can. I mowed the lawn today and DH came home and said "I am surprised with all that huffing and puffing you were doing this morning, you had the energy to mow the lawn" LOL! I didn't and my legs hurt, but you do what you have to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.