Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Sun June 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did 30 minutes Hi/Lo Urban Rebounding followed by 35 minutes of Tribal Fitness - Spirit Groove with Misty Tripoli, Pilates Groove with Misty (30 min) and Yoga Radiance (55 min).

I again liked the Tribal Fitness workouts today. Spirit Groove was funky tribal dance aerobics and it was easy to follow, fun and got my heartrate up. I like Misty. Pilates Groove was also good. It was different with some standing pilates that moved into squat variations and then down to the floor for core work and some butt/inner and outer thigh work. I actually felt it more than Winsor Pilates.

I gained another pound or two :-( ...so I guess working at with lower intensity aerobics on some days is not going to work. This is the reason I'm afraid to start the split strength rotation like I was thinking of. I have 3 weeks to the concert and I want to try to at least lose a couple pounds. I was looking at rotations all night and still can't decide. I might just do a week from each one I'm looking at, Fat Loss & Def, Fat Loss and Debbie's Get REady for Summer. The thing that keeps making me not want to do it is if I see a workout I hate.....and I don't know what to substitute.

We're going to see Click today with Adam Sandler. I hope it's good.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll be back later.

Hey Everyone,
Workout wise I am only doing cleaning since I got out of my groove this week. I will start again tomorrow.

Lora your new workouts sound FUN! I love those tribal beats they make you want to dance!! I used to weigh myself years ago, and then I stopped.... I now go by what I see in the mirror, and my cloth's..... and ya know somthing.........I look way better now.:7 Hope you enjoy your new rotation!! Keep us posted!!

Good workouts to everyone that follows!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Good morning Maniacs:

DEFINITE rest day for me today, except I will be doing a yoga of some type. Also need to clean the camp trailer, little housework, etc.

Okay, yesterday's century bike ride: Turned out to be 110 miles, guess I'd forgotten that from a few years ago. It was the hardest ride I've done. I'm sure feeling it today, tight hamstrings, tight lower back, sore big toe, BUT it was my best time overall. I rode it all by myself, no drafting (drafting can ease the intensity by 30% I've read) and the temps were in the mid 90's on the flats. The scenery was absolutely spectacular, traffic fairly low (non-existent on some parts, I thought I was in the twilight zone). The one last climb (9 miles long) was a real cooker. One guy had a computer on his bike with a thermometer and he said at the hottest point, it was 118 degrees on the pavement. That's the point that I pulled over to side and took a breather. I knew I was near the top of the climb. Another rider had pulled over in the shade (there was finally some shade) and didn't feel well at all. I talked to him for a little while and then we set back off for the top. The rest area was only less than a mile away and when I got in, I actually starting to feel the chills so I dumped all kinds of water on my head to cool off. Waited a while, ate watermelon, salty snacks, a cookie, more sports drink, took some more electrolytes and took off. The rest of the ride (there was only had about 15 miles to go) was on rollers and had some shady spots, with lots of air flow around me so no more problems with the heat. I did get a few thigh cramps, but got off at one point and stretched, then was able to manage them to the end. Just was glad there was no more climbing to go as my legs were fatigued. Also, my big toe on my right foot was hurting. I think I need to try moving the cleats on the bottom of my cycling shoes back more toward the ball of my foot and see if that helps. Actually, had no seat problems either, just the normal squirming that you get toward the end.

Anyhow, I arrived at the finish in pretty good shape, though happy to get off the bike. We were rewarded with a full spaghetti dinner which was really yummy, also got to enjoy some live music and meet some other cyclists and hopefully hook up with them on future rides.

My stats:

Total riding (on the bike) time: 6 hours, 45 minutes
Total miles: 110 miles
Top speed: 37.5 mph
Average Speed: 16.4 mph
Approximate climbing: (4,000-5,000')

This is the fastest I've ever ridden and by myself too so I'm pretty happy about that, but I much prefer company. Don't know what I would have done without my mp3 player. I kept only one earbud in and ride with a mirror on my glasses so I can see the traffic coming behind. There were a lot of Susanville people that rode this, but no one else attempted the century because of the heat.

Something else to look forward to, I have a massage after work tomorrow. PERFECT!

Nicole, hope you can find your groove again. I'm doing Debbie's Muscle Building and Cardio Rotation and starting to see some results. I'll be on week 3 startng tomorrow.

Lora, the tribal fitness sounds really fun. Hope you can pick a rotation that suits you. Enjoy the movie today.

I'll post more later,

Thanks for the support from all of you that were thinking of me on my ride. I kept thinking of that.

Jeanette

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Yesterday I did a 10 mile bike ride in the morning, not 110 like you, Netta. I then did SS later on in the day. Hadn't done that one in a long time so it was fun! Son worked out with me in the sunroom too for alittle while.

Lora,

I pm'd you. I think you will like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :

Netta,

I was thinking about you all day yesterday and telling my hubby about your bike ride. He thinks it is awesome that you were able to do that. I also enjoyed reading your post and hearing all the details of it. That was very enjoyable...thanks. Rest up now, k?

Hey Nicole~

Charlotte~~

Good morning!

Didn't sleep well last night - only got about 5 hours which for me isn't that much. NO MORE MIGRAINE! Yay!!!! Just a little bit of cramps today but not bad. I got up early and went for a ride by myself (I never get to do this anymore). NETTA - guess what? I did 25.5 miles and my average speed was 17.8 mph! I've never done that on my own - only with DH to draft off of. My average HR was 172 and it took about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Maybe it's b/c I had so many rest days this week due to my migraine (although I rode Friday with my girlfriend) or maybe it's because riding with my fast friends is making me faster. Anyway, I'm on cloud 9.

Netta - AWESOME job on your century plus!!!! I can't believe your avg. speed doing 110 miles by yourself. YOU ROCK!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I kept thinking of you yesterday. :) I think I shall start trying really, really hard to do what you do - no more than 3 days a week on the bike (that's it, right?). That's about what I did this week and my legs seemed to have more strength today - or maybe I just had a good day. I saved what you sent me about your workouts for 2 weeks and I'm going to look at it again. I think the hardest part for me is getting those long rides in on the weekends b/c it takes so much time. But maybe every other weekend or so I can do 40 or 50 miles.

Nicole - I hope you get your groove back this week. It's tough coming off of a birthday week. :p

Lora - I also love tribal music for workouts. I might have to check these out.

Charlotte - wouldn't it be fun if you and Netta and I could all ride together? Too bad we all live so far apart. :(

I started sewing a dress last night, so I think I'll work on that today.

Hello to all who follow. Happy workouts to everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi all,

Instead of a yoga, I decided to do Slim Series Cool It Off as I like her stretches and she holds them good and long. I especially need anything for the back and hamstrings. Feeling better now.

Suz, that's an awesome average for 25.5 miles! Way to go girl! I'm really glad your migraine is gone. I've never had one and don't want one. Yep riding with faster people will make you faster. And we also have to ride "smarter" (not sure I was so smart to ride in the heat yesterday LOL). Yep, I'm still doing 3 days a week, but I make sure I do one HARD ride, another easier ride, and a distance ride. What I don't have in my legs that I usually have at this time of years are distance rides. But it's funny, there is definitely the muscle memory thing going on, so next time hopefully it will be easier. I agree, a bike ride with Charlotte, you and myself would be awesome!

Charlotte, I felt your vibes yesterday, so thanks for thinking of me. I see all kinds and ages of cyclists and it's a sport that is fairly easy on your body. It does take longer than say running to get a workout in, but can also be very enjoyable at the same time. Yesterday, I saw some VERY fit 60-70 year olds out on the same course I was doing.

I really need to go get something done now.

Jeanette

Hi everyone! You ladies amaze me with your biking. I need to ride my bike in the basement more often. It makes my legs sore though.....I guess I'm a wimp.

I'm almost positive I'm starting P90X Lean Rotation tomorrow morning.......unless I wake up mad at the world cuz it's Monday...LOL. I'll have to do it a bit out of order this week cuz I have a doctor's appt on Wednesday and will only have 1/2 hour to workout. We'll see how long I can stick with it. I chose it cuz I don't have to drag out my barbell to do it....just all of my dumbbells.

I'm under pressure to lose my belly cuz Charlotte's trying to make arrangements to come to the concert with me. I'm not worthy in the Almighty Toasty's presence!!!

The movie was good, but not great. My DH has the hots for Kate Beckinsale.

I'm off to take care of E-bay business again.......so I can fund my exercise buys!!

Lora - I keep forgetting to ask you - is there no room in your basement to set up a workout area? My sister used to have this adorable house that was listed on the National Historic Register and it had a basement - a SCARY one! I hated to go down there and so did she. Part of it was dirt and I'm pretty sure someone was probably buried down there. :p Since we grew up in LA, we weren't used to basements and she was always afraid the main floor was going to fall through b/c the house was so old. Silly girl!

Netta - I remember you saying you did one hard ride, one easy and one distance. My only problem is that now that I have my girlfriends hooked on morning rides I can rarely ride alone so every ride is a hard ride. And of course today on my own do you think I could have taken it easy? Heck no! First day without 25mph winds and I was going to see what I had in me. Hey - maybe it's the wind that has made me stronger. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Hi Suz,

Sounds like whatever you're doing is working for you. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works. Wish I could ride in the morning but I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. Nice for you to have friends to ride with. Yep, and the wind IS your friend!! Way to go girl!!! :7 :7

Oh yeah, love your Avatar. He's soooo cute!

Jeanette

Suz - Our basement is very tiny and my DH has his weight equpiment down there. He doesn't like me down there, so I stay away. I've tried to go down there a few times, but we're always in each other's way and there is not enough room for us both down there unless I'm on the ellipital, bike or treadmill (all of which I need to start using more). I hate working out in the dingy basement. I like the upstairs with the huge skylight and carpet! I'm trying to talk him into squeezing a Bowflex over by the washer and dryer (maybe for Christmas one year). I told him he can lift heavier cuz he wouldn't need a spotter and it peaked his interest, but we don't have money right now and we're not even sure if it would fit.

I told him I need to get some more 10 pound plates for my bar. I have a bunch of 5 pounders I have to load on it and it's a real pain in the butt.

Who here likes Spinervals? Which ones are the best? How do they differ from Cardio Coach.

Charlotte - I meant to tell you . I preordered Seether's new CD/DVD from Seether's website. I got a free year's subscription to Rolling Stone also. The CD comes with a DVD. The website has a track listing, etc. It's only $12.99...plus shipping. It's supposed to ship July 7th. I love Seether!!

Yup Netta - I'm enoying those morning rides while it's still light. They'll get later and shorter, but I'll do that as long as I can. If I can get 20 miles in as it gets darker I'm happy since the season will be winding down then. And I flex my hours for cycling so I don't have to be there until 8:30 - not so fun when I stay til 5:30, but worth it. The wind is my friend, the wind is my friend...I'll work on that. :)

Lora - I see. Sorry your DH is hogging the basement. But it sounds like you don't like it anyway. I love Spinervals. Since you're a maniac, you should probably get Mental Toughness (under the competition DVD's) because it's 90 minutes long and you hop off your bike for a spell of isometric squats. I know you like long workout sessions so this would be good for you. Just my opinion. Netta does some Spinervals too so I'm sure she'll weigh in.

Suz

Suz - I have a hard time lasting 60 min on my bike.....I doubt I could make 90! Yikes. You're really tough.

I'm off to bed early tonight for once. I'll see everyone in the morning.

Charlotte - The link to get tickets on BC's site is at the bottom where it says Click Here to Buy Tickets Ya Crazy..B#$%. The venue is Peabody's Down Under in Cleveland. I'm getting excited....3 weeks away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.