Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wednesday July 2

lcobb2

Cathlete
Good Morning Maniacs!!

What a great day! I had a really good workout this morning. I started with Body Max and did biceps instead of the leg sections during the power circuits. I have legs planned tomorrow so I didn't want to burn them out.

At 0615 I had a client at the gym so when I was done with her I hit my back HARD (with a little bis)!! It felt wonderful.

Underhand BB Rows X 5: 12/8/8/8/7

1 arm Lat pulldown x 4: 8/9/8/7

Mid Rows x 4: 10/9/8/8
ss w/
Back Extensions x 4: 15/12/15/14

1 arm DB Rows x 3: 7/7/8

Wrist Curls x 2: 15/14
ss w/
Reverse Curls x 2: 11/12

I love feeling it through the rest of the day as I know the DOMS will kick in tomorrow. Can't wait for legs tomorrow!

Lora ~ how are things going? Are you seeing a change with your program?

Talk to you all soon!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did WSFL strength and metabolic circuits followed by HIIT. Still feeling sluggish and didn't have a super intense workout. Workout was 60" with c/d and stretch and I burned 530 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Laura - nope...no change going thru this program....other than my shirts have been fitting tighter.

Had no energy this morning. Aunt Flo is attacking at full force. Didn't even realize it was that time again. seems like it just ended. Where does the time go?

I just got on my treadmill and did a steady state jog. Kept my HR at around 136-140.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font ]

[font color=blue]47 minutes
40 minutes in zone
286 calories burned
2.6 miles travelled
[/font]

My goal was 2 miles so I hit and exceeded that.

Laura- You didn't post your weights. Nice workouts, though.

Lora - I've been sluggish these last couple days too. I think we need a break!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today's weather was suppose to be cooler, but alas, it is not, and I still have plans for bike ride. Miles? Not sure yet. Neck is still screwed up, and may just see a chiropractor if it doesn't work itself out soon. It is not comfortable right now at all. Have to go into work earlier today. The other night was horrible. Just a bad night. Determined that today at work will be much better.

Great workouts everyone!

Char - That sucks about your neck. I know how that pain feels, believe me. It's horrible. Have you tried rubbing the area out with a tennis ball? I put one between me and the couch and try to roll it around. It breaks up the knot pretty well.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for noticing. I purposely don't like to give my weights because I don't feel that it's necessary for others to know. Whenever my clients ask me what I lift, I tell them--enough to lift in the rep range for a particular exercise based on my goals, my energy level for that day, how I slept, Aunt Flo (smile), etc. I guess it's the same as I when I was in school and peers would ask how I did or what I earned on a paper/test. I'd always respond, "I did well." If I end a workout knowing that I gave 100% for that day, I'm happy! ;-)

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

I finished my workout. Today I did Tracey Staehle's Strike Zone stopping at the stretch, then I did Amy Bento's In the Ring with a 10# med ball,skipping the final combined combo and med ball segment, I went on to do 4Day Split Kickbox abs segment and Low Intensity Step ab segments adding extra resistance and keeping my weighted gloves on through all ab work, I did the abs from Kelly Coffey's 30 min to fitness used a dumbbell for some of it, then I added 3 sets of 15 reps with 15# dumbbell incline crunches, finished with Strike Zone stretch. Workout time was 2 hr 32 min total time and I burned 911 calories. Cardio calories was 381 for strike zone, In the Ring was 374 for a total of 755 calories. I still keep wondering why I have such a hard time getting my hr up there and get the calorie burn I feel I should in a shorter amount of time. When I went for the colonoscopy the doctor asked if I workout. He said he could tell by my heart rate. So I guess it must be good. I am scheduled to meet with a surgeon Monday to get some lymph nodes biopsied. This may cut off my workouts for a while if they cut them out :(

Charlotte, enjoy your bike ride today:) It is windy here today but still hot. We may have some rain tomorrow.

Laura, I used to not post my weights because I thought it might discourage some people because they don't lift as heavy. But then I realized that I was always eager to see exactly what others did because it gave me a goal to work toward. I am still working for it LOL

Lora, you get such nice calorie burns for one hour workouts.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did a 35 min. bike ride outside. Hill climb was 25 min. at an average of 3.4 MPH. HR stayed in the 155-161 range. Downhill HR was about 116 :)...finsihed doing a mile with a slight incline in hardest gear in a standing position. HR got up in the 170's. Burned about 240 cals. Not bad for a shorty.

Later...
[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning. I am planning a circiut today. Maybe LIC or Drill Max. I don't have to work tonight so I have more time today. GOtta run to the bank tho in a bit. And cleaning house.

Char- Pretty hot here today too. I would like to lay out at some point. HOpe your neck improves...how frustrating.

Lora and Deb--I hope you two feel better also. I get that sluggish feeling ALL the time. Hard to work thru, but I always feel better after.....or just need a nap later on lol!

DS- good luck with that biopsy. I had to have the lymph nodes in my chest biopsied. That is how they found out about my Sarcoidosis. THey thought it was lymphoma. THey went thru the base of my neck. It HURT!!! I am sure you will do just fine though.

Laura- no matter what your weights were, I bet that was a killer WO! NIce job.

Maeghan AKA megadoo AKA Doodles AKA Sparkly

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Char and Maeghan,

It's crazy hot in Germany! We have 95 degrees today which is nuts. I'm from Chicago and hate the extreme heat and cold. I'm glad I like the way I look and feel in my skin because I'm sitting here with very little clothing on since we don't have air conditioning--very few places in Germany have it.

Ugh! This is one reason why I train in the morning. I can't wait for legs tomorrow!!! :)

Laura

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey taco salad; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding mixed w/Strawberries & Cream yogurt
M5: Crab cake; salad w/Ranch yogurt dressing
M6: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites; 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese

[font color=blue]1591 calories
58 g. fat - 33%
152 g. protein - 38%
99 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

Hey everyone!

This morning was really windy here (and now it's perfectly still of course) so I decided to do Imax 2! I haven't done that in ages. Yesterday I did CC Press Play. Two days off the bike. Wow! I LOVE Imax 2. It's so much fun. I swear I smile the whole time. I haven't lifted because I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder Monday and I haven't lifted legs since I did the 50 mile ride on Saturday. But I'll lift starting tomorrow again.

I'm still struggling with my weight. I never thought I'd be in this place. Now I want to gain 5 or 6 pounds but I'm still dropping. I've dropped to 113 :(. I'm drinking Myoplex in the mornings with a fattening banana! I don't want to gain fat pounds but good pounds. So I'm working on it.

Dallys - GREAT ride!!! And great HR's! You're tough girl.

Char - I love your new avatar. That's an awesome jersey. :)

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, I hve been pulling out the I Max's too lately. I forgot what good workouts they are:) Banana's are not fattening LOL You probably need to add a few more carbs because of the calories you burn while riding your bike. I would think some fruit, baked sweet potatoes early in the day might help. I love your sewing projects. Very nice:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I always thought bananas were fattening! How funny. Sweet potatoes are a good idea. I love those. I'll try that. I haven't sewn lately at all. I need to do more. I have all of these summer patterns to make and then I haven't done any of them. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.