Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed July 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I was all set up to do WSFL...but this morning at the last minute, I couldn't bear the thought of those step ups/KB swings, etc....so I pulled out NROL and did one of the Fat Loss rotations of Giant Sets (closest thing to metabolic circuits I can think of). The reps were 12 in the first giant set and 20 in the second giant set...so it sure was different with lighter weights. Hope I went heavy enough. Will need to experiment. I finished off with intervals. I did 3 sets of 45/30-60 on the Rebounder. I kept my HR higher on the rest periods and was able to get my HR up to 168...so I was happy about that! Total workout was 63" with cooldown and stretch and I burned 528 calories.

Thanks for listening my "work woes".. Yesterday was rough. Lots of touch females going off. Can't stand cattiness. I make the same mistake all of the time. When I first start a job and the women are "nice", I divulge too much info about myself and then when the "newness" wears off and the cattiness/jealousy come out.....they resent me for the very things I was open about! You think I'd learn by the ripe old age of 49!!!

On the flip side, I have a job interview this afternoon. Got a call from a Carpet Cleaning company in town. They had my resume from 2 months ago for a part-time position I applied for and they now need a full time secretary and the lady spoke with both my DH and me....and she REALLY liked my DH and told me she can't wait to meet me today....so we shall see what they have to offer and if I think I would like the job. She mentioned something about me practically running the place and that there are 2 other girls working there and the company is thriving. She was impressed with the recent "diversity" ......(or whatever you want to call my recent period of doing all sorts of different jobs).

The bad thing is I also have a doc appt today...so my supposed "half day" at work due to me working Saturdays now ....is going to be way too busy! but.......such is life.

Thanks for listening to my rambling!

Have great workouts everyone.

Toasty - never heard of those bands you mentioned yesterday.

Deb - I haven't heard any Evan's Blue or the other band you mentioned other than what they play on the radio? Do they rock? Did you see my question from yesterday about adding to my Avon order?

One last comment.............why is it that women that are not fit resent us "fit women" soo much??? It's their choice to eat donuts, fries and be sedentary!!!!! It really rubs me the wrong way!

Today I did Cardio Coach #8 again. Man, I sure love that workout. It kicks ass. And I love how I can jog an entire 8 minutes. AND I can do it twice. My setting for that challenge today went up. With the first 8 minute trek I set my incline at 4% and jogged at 4.3 mph. (Last time was at a 4.0). The second trek I set it at 4% incline and 4 mph. I just love how I can do this!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]1 hr. 2 min.
49 minutes in zone
400 calories burned!!!
3.5 miles travelled
[/font]

Woo hoo! I'm fired up today!

Lora - Yes, it's too late to order from this campaign. I'm getting the order today. If you want, I'll order it next time. Just let me know. I'll send you a new brochure with your order and if I get a new Mark book I'll send that as well. Good luck with your interview today. That sounds like an excellent job. I don't know who Evan's Blue is??? I mentioned Linkin Park and Breaking Benjamin. LOL! I know you've heard of these bands. Nice workout today too!

Hey Maniacs,

I'm here! I took the kids to the movies this morning - Alvin & the Chipmunks! Another TT day for me!

Warm-up Set
1-legged Squats
Chin Ups

Superset A
1-Legged Squats
8/8/8 - BW ***These are done with one leg held out front***
Chin-Ups
8/7/6 ***was happy with this since I haven't done chins in a while***

Superset B
DB Split Lunge (a/k/a Static)
8/8/8 - 35's
Stability Ball Curl Ups
15/15/15

Superset C
One Arm Row
8/8/8 - 47#
Mountain Climbers
12/12/12 - each side

Then interval cardio with 6 rounds of 60/60 ratio. Used KickMax challenge and lengthen some of the drills with lunges and jacks to make a minute. Did front-back jacks, left side kicks, right side kicks, zig zags, jumps & tucks then jump kicks.

Lora - Good Luck with the interview!

Debbie - Nice workout! Great job upping your speeds! I know that must feel great!!

I did step, jump and pump today. Any ideas where I can get a chin up bar, not a door one, a standing one I guess. One I can put away so kids and friends are not hanging from it!!!
Roselyn

Not real happy with my eats today. My macros are WAY off. I need to find something other then the Tofu Mousse to eat because it's way too high in calories, fat and carbs and it doesn't even put a dent in my hunger. It's so good, though! I'll keep it for my cheat day and just eat the whole thing in one sitting. LMAO

[font color=indigo]Meals for today[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Tofu Mousse
M4: Potato Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M5: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites; BSN protein shake

[font color=blue]1617 calories
67g . fat - 37% YIKES!!!
128 g. protein - 32% Way too low.
119 g. carbs - 29% Not too bad but could have been lower
[/font]

This morning I did I tread and Tush then did some more hill climbs and sprints. I ran was on the treadmill for 5.25 miles. I burned 681 calories. Workout was 1hr and 16 minutes. Then I did Cathe's Supersets lower blast, then Bowflex leg extensions, then Bowflex leg press superset with Bowflex calf raises. Then I did Amy Bento's 10min solution Tone trouble zones Butt and thigh segment for a nice finisher:D
Bowflex seated resisted crunch 100# resistance 50 reps, with 20 reps straighthanging leg extensions on the vkr tower 2times
Amy's 10 minute solution stretch segment
Total workout was 2 hr 21 minutes and I burned 1084 calories
SuperSets was
Squat was 65lb barbell 38 reps counting pulses
Deadlift 65lb barbell 16 reps
plie squats 34 reps counting pulses 25lb dumbbells
1 leg squat foot on bench 20lb dumbbells 54 reps including pulses each leg
Repeat two more times

Bowflex leg extension 3x12reps 220 lbs of resistance
Super Set 3 times 15 reps Bowflex leg press 310#
with 20 reps Bowflex 310lb calf raises
I used my heavyweight blue challenge pro resistance band for the 10 min solution Butt and thigh segment
Bowflex seated resistance crunch with 100 lbs of resistance 50 reps super set with hanging straight leg raises on the VKR tower 20 reps

Lora, sorry about work. Hope you get the other job. You are working a lot of hours.

Debbie, that mousse sounds good but does have a lot of fat. I have a tofu cheesecake recipe that I make with splenda and apples and cinnamon. I use light tofu and it helps with the fat.

Roselyn, you could find a vertical knee raise tower in some fitness equipment stores that has the pull up bar. Mine was a used one from a fitness center so got a great deal on it. It does not have the pull up bar on it though. You could do a search online to purchase one. I think Cathe is supposed to be coming up with something for the STS series that is not a door attachment.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Roselyn, I just looked at your post again. The grandchildren hang on my vkr tower. I have to make them get off if they are not using it how it is supposed to be used. I don't know of any that you can put away. Mine is heavy and even has deals on it where a gym can bolt it to the floor. Cathe's planned one looks like it could be put away.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.