Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Feb 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did SWAT Weightloss & SWAT Strength with a Cathe stretch at the end. I also added a couple sets of jacknives with a 10 pound dumbbell for my abs. I didn't work my abs with weights for a while to switch things up and now I'm going back to weighted ab work. Workout was a little over an hour and I"m not sure how many calories I burned, as my HR monitor is acting up. Hope I don't need a new one. I also did Power Yoga with Tracey.

I'm feeling mildy sore from these SWAT workouts. They work your body in different ways .....great for cross training. They do lots of mountain climbers, squat thrusts, pushups with different variations on each of those moves. The strength workout was pretty tough. You lift nonstop and my muscles were very fatigued at the end of the workout. I had to keep dropping my weights lower. I used heavier weights than they did. The strength one kept your HR up also....cuz you constantly move.

ATTN: Treadmill Users - I was looking at the Treadmill portion workouts of the Barry's Bootcamp DVDs to see what they're like, as I'm planning on doing a Barry's rotation soon and the one with Barry in it, he shows you all of these different ways to work on your treadmill. Just wondered if any of you have ever done these moves. He lies down on it and grabs the side rails and does pullups .......which is really good for me since I can't do "big boy" pullups. I tried it last night and it works well. You can make it harder or easier depending on leg placement. Then he does these 2 drills with the Treadmill turned off. You hop on and act like your pushing a grocery cart and start running ......using your leg strength to make the TM go and then they keep going faster and harder. Then he turns around -- facing the other way and walking backwards (which is much harder).....you sort of press into the TM and make it move and it works your butt and legs differently. Then he also turns it on at a slow pace (too scared to try this one with only me in the basement) and jogs backwards on it and if you get off balance, you can grab the rails for a second and regroup. He then does crazy sprints to finish off. The other DVDs all have interval TM workouts on them. Can't wait to try some of these now that I've been using the treadmill.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll be around for a bit and then I have a dental appt.

Jen - don't feel too bad about missing your workout last night. Just get back at it again today!

Hi to everyone who follows.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I should work shoulders and probably do some cardio as well. I have to clean mostly all day. FIL is back. He has not found a home down in florida. Says he is still looking. Oy! Cry?

Charlotte~~

Wow, my butt is sore this morning! I love how Cathe can make me sore each and every time I do her leg workouts!

Had a pretty good workout this morning, did shoulders, abs and cardio. This is what I did, again mixing compound and isolation movements for shoulder work, 2 minutes rest:

Barbell Press: 55# 2 sets/9 reps; 1 set/8 reps (up from last week)
Wide Grip Upright Rows: 50# 3 sets/10 reps (reps are up from last week)
Standing Lateral Raise: 15's 2 sets/10 reps
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 15's 2 sets/10 reps

Didn't feel like I did a whole lot here, not sure I'll even feel this tomorrow.

Then I did the ab work from Step, Jump & Pump. I love that ab work! Then I got on my treadmill and just did my own intervals for a half hour. Had my HR monitor on for my cardio only, workout was 38 min., was in my zone for 28 minutes and burned 202 calories.

Entire workout was about an hour and 15 minutes.

Lora - that sounds intersting about the treadmill stuff.

Char - OMG! You poor thing!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning Ladies!

This morning was CTX all step. When I got up and turned on the tv, there was an ad on about the firm. I almost ordered it, but stopped. I wanted that cool looking step and it came with 5 workouts. I have never tried the firm workouts, but I have heard what a lot of people on here say..."I used to do firm until I found Cathe". Since that was in the back of my mind, I decided to put my credit card away!

Anyway, I have lots to do and little time to do it! (story of my life!)

ps....inlaws suck....so does the dentist!

Sara

Sara - I just realized I never answered your yogurt question yesterday. Yes, I eat yogurt daily. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sara,

I forgot to tell you, one of the dogs puked on my couch yesterday. Same cushion they peed on last week. I had to clean the foam best I could and take off the covering and wash it AGAIN. THought you would appreciate that. lol

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, it has been crazy busy around here lately. DH bought me a new laptop and it is running so good:) Yesterday I did a 4 mile treadmill run with some walking in between, Amy Bento's Abs #2 with some added resistance here and there (I almost always do barbell rollouts if a workout does ball rollouts) then I did Yoga Shatki core, supine poses and inversions. I think I spent about an hour and 20 minutes total time. Today will be the M&F Hers rotation phase 3 again. I am still kind of sore from Monday:) I will add some cardio. I have no grandchildren today so am going to try and grocery shop and clean.

Lora, that treadmill workout sounds interesting. Those sound like some pretty tough workouts.

Charlotte, looked at your pics. You have got some good results with P90X. Sorry your fil hasn't found a place yet.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

Thanks! I am really glad I got to try P90X. It was worth it.

As for FIL, he is really picky at finding anything. Nothing seems good enough. He seems to like our place enough that he continues to stay so I asked him to buy our house then. LOL. He says it is too much house and yard for him. So I am pulling my hair trying to figure out if he is ever gonna find anything then. DD thinks he will be here another 2 months. I am really upset at my BIL because he doesn't offer to have him stay with him or has helped in anyway.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte,

Hopefully that was your dog and not fil's dog!!!! It still sucks though...I must say I am glad that was not on my couch. My couch has suffered enough human vomit in the past week or so to last a lifetime!!!

My in-laws live next door. We can't see them from our house, but they are within a tiny walking distance. They are to the point were they just walk in when they come over!!!! (and the come over unannounced all of the time!)I keep my doors locked!

Diane Sue, how old are your grandchildren? I hope I look half as good as you when I have grandchildren!!!

Sara

Sara,

LMAO! I guess we have more things in common then I thought. Some unfortunate things. }( :p ;( Yes, I would lock my doors too. It is a good thing they don't have a key. My FIL does, but if he settles in our county, I will tell him to knock first and use key if we our away and he house sits, etc. for us. Actually, was FIL's dog. Sometimes our cat will do the same thing though so either way it is a losing battle.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Rodney Yee's "Yoga for Athletes" Flexibility practice. Workout was about an hour.

Char-That would have been perfect for you if FIL bought your house!
Glad you liked P90X. I thought it was worth it too. Your poor stinky couch! Maybe you need a new one now.}(

Diane Sue- You do sound busy! You must be the best Gramma ever! Hope your kids appreciate you.:) Enjoy your workout today!

Lora- Those treadmill workouts do sound interesting.

Debbie- I happy to hear Cathe is doing her job.:) Love sore legs!

Sara- Great workout! You reminded me...I have a dentist appt. tommorrow. :) The inlaws next door, remind me of "Everybody loves Raymond" you know, how they always walk in unanounced. LOL!

Hi to everyone else. Gotta get to work.

ETA: Char! Cute picture!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to post a quick "Hi!".
I mostly lurk but I read your thread for ideas.

I wanted to let you know how much all of you inspire me!

Toasty: Sorry about your couch! If it makes you feel any better I have a cat that likes to use my furniture or DH's lap as toilet paper.

Hi How is everyone:)
I did Leg Press mania on L&G that was hard! I am not feeling well either I think that made it harder. I'm going to crash on the couch;(
Talk to ya'll later
Randi

Hello my little peeps!

This morning was BFL legs. Should post exercises and weights, but you know me. Lazy! Got a bit of yesterday's migraine still. x( My heart was pounding in my throat (does that ever happen to you guys? I hate it!) so I took my BP just out of curiosity thinking it was high and it was super low - 96/48! I kept taking it thinking maybe our thingie was wrong. My friend took hers to see if our machine was messed up but it wasn't. My heart was doing that yesterday too. I hate when it does that. Anyway, after my heart stopped beating like that I took my BP again and it got better. Now it's 89/66. The 89's a little low for me but the 66 is more normal. I'm a weirdo!

Busy day at work today. Dinner with some friends tonight. I'm kinda tired. Did any of you see that thing on the Today show this morning about how important 8 hours of sleep is? I didn't really see it all so I'm probably not reporting it right. But for me I really need 8 hours and I rarely get it. I should do better. Dallys - weren't you saying you need a lot of sleep?

Okay, better get back to work. It certainly isn't doing itself! :) I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Suz- That's weird about your low blood pressure. I don't own a 'thingie':p so I wouldn't know anything about mine. Drs. all say it's normal though. You're right, I do need my sleep. I get 8 or 9 hrs. a night. I read a similar statement about sleep in "Fitness" Mag. It says "Those who slept five hours a night were almost twice as likely to be obese as women who got seven hours." It also says, "Lack of sleep can make you hungrier--it knocks the appetite regulating hormones leptin and ghrelin out of whack , so you crave sweet and salty snacks. And it can increase levels of the stress hormone cortisal, which may be associated with abdominal fat." So, GET YOUR SLEEP! :)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Yeah, not to mention that the longer you're up the more you eat. :p
And you certainly don't want to knock those gremlins out of whack! That is all really interesting information. I feel bad for mothers of young ones though. How on earth are they supposed to get their 8 hours???

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz,

We don't get much sleep. I am about ready to keel over right now! (just kidding!)

I do get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night...most nights are interrupted though. :(

Sara

What is for dinner tonight, ladies??? ( I love asking that question; ignore me if you want ;))

We are having tacos. We have tacos once a week. It is something my whole family will eat!!!!!

Sara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.